Salmon Questions!

I'm watching a friend give a lecture online right now. Sustainably caught wild Alaskan salmon, no bycatch, from a river that has a healthy stock currently costs $79.99 PER POUND. Right next to it at the fish market you'll find "wild Alaskan salmon" of questionable origin, not sustainably caught from a river that is depleted, for $13.99 per pound. Until the market shifts and consumers start demanding the higher quality sustainable product, people will continue to choose the option that is more harmful for the environment.
no thanks at $79.99 pound. I believe in buying local fish and shellfish, since we live on the gulf coast, that’s what we eat.
Lots of fishermen you can buy from directly if you research it.

no thanks at $79.99 pound. I believe in buying local fish and shellfish, since we live on the gulf coast, that’s what we eat.
Lots of fishermen you can buy from directly if you research it.

Oh exactly. My point was that because so few people buy “the good stuff”, it’s ridiculously expensive. If we made that the more popular option, more folks would fish that way, and the price could come down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter