San diego Zoo or Animal park

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
If we can only do one which one is nicer?

I think the Animal Park is better. It's a more unique experience since you can get more up close and personal with the animals in their habitats, it's also a bit closer to how they would realistically live in the wild. Several times when I have gone they have brought a cheetah out on a leash to eduacte about him and we were allowed to take pictures and literally get a a few feet away from him.

I'll second that. The zoo is a great place, but WAP has a lot of different shows and attractions. If you've never been, I highly recommend it.

xmelissax said:
Several times when I have gone they have brought a cheetah out on a leash to eduacte about him and we were allowed to take pictures and literally get a a few feet away from him.

We were just there yesterday and they did this very thing. My son was so excited.

Growing up I always perfered the WAP over the Zoo... something about the animals habitats looking a lot more comfortable. But now When i go back home to SD I can't pick which one i'd rather do, so I get the two park pass =\. Infact at xmas I might get the San Diego city pass its $99 for addmission to the WAP, Zoo, and Sea World.

As for actually picking between the two:
I'd say look at the animals/exhibits each park has at their sites:
Zoo - http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/index.html
WAP - http://www.sandiegozoo.org/zoo/index.html

See if their are particular animals/exhibits you and your family would rather see. For instance, the Zoo has the pandas, but at the WAP you can feed a giraffe at the heart of africa. I also like the childrens zoo at the zoo better. Its very interactive and I still have fun even tho i'm 23 :rotfl:

There is also location to consider. The zoo is in Balboa Park, which has a lot of other museums and things in the area and its relatively close to Downtown SD; the WAP is kinda out in the middle of no where, but still easy to get to.

Another vote for WAP. My family has membership to SD Zoo which includes WAP and we rarely visit the zoo. We were just at WAP about 1-1/2 weeks ago on a Friday (low crowds) and it gets better every time. The exhibits are good. The Lion Camp is awesome-be sure to check it out early in the day, or just before closing, especially if it's hot. Also the gorillas.

The problem with the zoo is, IMO, the exhibits look much less natural. And, don't be fooled, it can get almost as hot at the zoo as at WAP. If you're going in the evening either to the zoo or WAP (offered during the summer) you should know that there a very few lights on the exhibits. You really can't see many animals after dark-though it is cooler.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter