San Francisco thread - to discuss all things San Francisco

@Flossbolna - do you mean up towards Washington state or heading inland a little? Or just the reverse drive from SF to LA?

Sorry! In 2005 we drove from LA to San Francisco, this time we will do a round trip LA to Sequia NP, Yosemite NP (booked accommodation there exactly 12 months in advance!), San Francisco and then back to LA along the coast. But reading my travel guide I think a trip up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle will get on the list of future trips I want to do (not that that list isn't long enough already!)

Sorry! In 2005 we drove from LA to San Francisco, this time we will do a round trip LA to Sequia NP, Yosemite NP (booked accommodation there exactly 12 months in advance!), San Francisco and then back to LA along the coast. But reading my travel guide I think a trip up the coast from San Francisco to Seattle will get on the list of future trips I want to do (not that that list isn't long enough already!)

Excellent trip! I hope you'll let me know when you write that TR. I'd love to vicariously travel with you on this one.

Sequoia is great. I think we visited it in 1998. If you get the chance and have the time, take a hike up Moro Rock. It's a great hike (not for the faint hearted). We stayed in Vasalia in one of those cheap roadside motels.

I keep meaning to go back to Yosemite but I never seem to make the time for it. Besides, with accommodation needing to be locked in 12 months in advance and my trips being opportunistic 2 or 3 months notice things, it's hard to plan for a longer stay there.

Excellent trip! I hope you'll let me know when you write that TR. I'd love to vicariously travel with you on this one.

Sequoia is great. I think we visited it in 1998. If you get the chance and have the time, take a hike up Moro Rock. It's a great hike (not for the faint hearted). We stayed in Vasalia in one of those cheap roadside motels.

I keep meaning to go back to Yosemite but I never seem to make the time for it. Besides, with accommodation needing to be locked in 12 months in advance and my trips being opportunistic 2 or 3 months notice things, it's hard to plan for a longer stay there.

I will put you on the bat signal list! I am very much planning to do a trip report. I hope I can be good about taking notes even though it is going to be a busy trip with lots of sightseeing.

If you can use three nights in Yosemite this summer, I still have to cancel three nights out of the seven I originally booked. I am sure there are always cancellations happening because people change their plans along the way (or grab more nights just like I did). So, even if you have rather spontaneous trips, don't give up hope totally!

I will need to look into Moro Rock! I am just starting with the more detailed planning. Just got new toner installed in my printer, so I can start with the trip binder!! :thumbsup2

I started reading the trip report you linked to and am very grateful for your review of the Winchester Mystery House - now I know that I don't need to keep it on my list of possible sights!

So glad I found this thread and thanks to the people who have contributed!
We had a trip planned to WDW and NYC in December this year but my eldest who lives in Canada threw a spanner in the works and got engaged to her Canadian boyfriend so we now need to head to Canada for a December Wedding. But who can come that close and not go to LA and Disney with a stop over in San Francisco!! NOT ME so since we are missing NYC we are going to SF. I've never been to SF before so this information is wonderful.

Tell me anyone who has been on the the Firetruck tour is it suitable for Teen/adults or is more a kids tour?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter