San Francisco trip - how many days??

Candace

DIS Veteran
My son returns from china (college trip) on June 3rd, so his girlfriend and I are meeting him in San Francisco. We want to stay a while since we have never been there. I know there are certain "must sees" that I want to do, but I have no idea how many days to stay. I have to figure this out in order to book my airfare. Is a week too long or too short? We have family there that we will have to visit, but we won't be staying with them. Can anyone give me a guess on how many days to plan? thanks

I was there in January as part of a solo trip. Had 6 full days to explore. I stayed right down on Fishermans Wharf so was able to meader about at will for short periods of time. It was great!

Most days I only had one planned activity: San Francisco Tour, Chinatown Tour, Muir Woods Tour, Pier 39 Theatre.

One day I hired a taxi to take me to the beach so I could put my feet in the Pacific Ocean and to drive down Lombard Street.

Depending on if you like to be busy all day, some of these things could be combined to speed up your visit. There were a few things I would have liked to have done, maybe a few museums, etc. If your interested in Alcatraz that's something you might want to schedule in.

Have a great trip!

It also depends on wether you just want to tour SF. There are plenty of other sites to see in the greater Bay Area if you don't mind traveling a little...

I found 4 days was time enough when I went in September.
Basically spent it in the city, GG Bridge Cycling to Sausilito, Fishys Wharf, Alcatraz, Bay Cruise, Trams and Chinatown, Restaurants and Stage Show....plus shopping. It was lesuirely and spot on.:thumbsup2

I live in San Francisco. I have heard statistics that the average tourist spends three days here. People who come in from the suburban areas for concerts and get a room for the night are included in the tourist statistics though.

I'd go for a week if you've never been. Besides S.F. you may want to see Yosemite National Park, about 4 1/2 hours, Lake Tahoe, about 3 hours, Monteray/Carmel about 3 hours, the Wine Country is about 90 minutes.

California has the best wine in the world, but if you go, don't go to NAPA, we go to NAPA for auto parts!!! Sonoma, Rutherford, St Helena, Healdsburgh, Calistoga etc...

A week plus any days you need to waste visiting family, er...I mean connecting with close family members!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter