• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanaa Breakfast and Dining Plan Credit

gregf71

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in June. We love Sanaa and have enjoyed both lunch and dinner there in the past. I see now that they offer a Quick Service breakfast and the options certainly look more interesting than what is served in the Mara. We will have the dining plan and wondered if we could use a Quick Service credit for Sanaa breakfast. The Sanaa page on the WDW website only specifically mentioned lunch and dinner for DP table service allocations.

Hopefully someone here can give you more current info, but it was definitely a quick service credit on the old dining plan.

I ended up doing a chat session on the WDW website and the person checked for me and said that No, the Sanaa quick service breakfast is not eligible for the dining plan. Real bummer that. Oh well.

If anyone here can confirm that or knows otherwise before June, please share. :)

I just ate breakfast at Sanaa Monday. Although I'm not on the DDP, I did notice that there was no mention of it being eligible for the DDP. Also, as I was standing in line (a long, slow-moving line) I didn't hear anyone ask about it. Be aware, if you've been there before, you now pay at a register in the lounge, and there's only one table of "grab 'n go" offerings. Last time I was there, the register was over to the right, and there were 2 tables full of grab 'n go items. This time was fine for me because I was getting the French Toast that I remember being recommended here. And whoever recommended it was right-it was great!

Posting again on this topic.

Looking at the Sanaa entry in MDE app just now, it says that it now accepts both the Disney Dining Plan AND the Quick Service Dining Plan. Since only their breakfast service is considered a quick service meal, then is stands to reason that the QS credit is now accepted for breakfast there.

Strange thing is that the Sanaa page on the WDW website only mentions the Disney Dining Plan, with nothing about the Quick Service plan.

Tried a new chat session just now and they only looked at the website. They recommended that I call Dining directly to ask. I may call AKL directly too. Would love to use a QS credit for breakfast at Sanaa in June!

Update - Called WDW Dining and the CM was just as confused about the disparity between the app and the website. They called "Guest Services" and they confirmed that Sanaa breakfast will indeed accept a Quick Service Dining credit. Of course that is always subject to change, so I plan to reconfirm once we checkin at AKL in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter