Sanaa

emcarle27

Mouseketeer
Hi people!

So we have a reservation for lunch at Sanaa 3 weeks from today (the day right before we head home). I have heard great things about Sanaa and it's been one of the hardest reservations to get. (Don't get me going on Oga's, I'm still trying there!)

Can anyone provide feedback on Sanaa? I'm still on the fence about it. I was actually hoping for Yak & Yeti but I haven't been able to snag that one.

We had lunch for the first time last weekend and absolutely loved it. We arrived early and were able to go out on the walkway and watch the animals. They even had a CM out there talking about the giraffes and ostriches. Food was excellent and we were lucky enough to be seated right by the window. A fun experience and something different!

Definitely worth your time, especially the bread service. Wife and I found that bread service, split an entre and desert is more than enough for us. They can't always accommodate but ask for a table next to the windows.

Surprised that you're having problems getting it, traditionally it's not that hard to get Sanaa.....pre COVID of course.

Sanaa is one of our absolute faves! I also highly recommend the bread service. That and dessert is actually all DD eats. I usually get the kids' butter chicken, but last time the serving was so small I might splurge next time. I like the desserts there so I always try to leave room lol.
We've been lucky most trips and gotten a table by the window, but I never expect it. Last time we were a little further back but could still see the activity outside well. It's always a must-do for us:)

We had dinner there in April. If you like Indian inspired food, you will enjoy it.
If you are hungry or have a big group, the bread service is amazing! It lives up to the hype.

Definitely worth your time, especially the bread service. Wife and I found that bread service, split an entre and desert is more than enough for us. They can't always accommodate but ask for a table next to the windows.

Surprised that you're having problems getting it, traditionally it's not that hard to get Sanaa.....pre COVID of course.
It has become a lot more difficult as its the only TS restaurant open at AKL currently.

Love Sanaa! I thought I’d never like the cuisine offered there, but I was wrong. Bread service is amazing. Had it in restaurant and take out back in Dec. Where else can you watch animals in a savanna while you eat. Absolutely a must dining reservation.

I loved Sanaa! I ate in the bar during a solo trip before I took the ME to MCO. It was delicious and well worth the praise it gets. I've had Yak & Yeti and while it is good, I believe Sanaa is a different level.

The first time we went it made such an impression. All smiles it was such a fun experience for the whole family. We had never been to AKL yet and we’re totally taken in by this resort. We made sure to leave plenty of time to look around before our ADR, and also arrived at Sanaa’s podium about 30 minutes before our 4:45p ADR to request a window table if possible. Wish granted we had the fortune to sit at center window table.

Everybody was so warm and friendly. The food was delicious and the server helped us get the most out of the experience. We figured arriving before the full dinner crowd would help and I think that did. After a leisurely meal we went out by the animals and watched the sun set from around the fire pit. Met many cool people outside. Sometimes everything works out just right and Sanaa was one of those times. Been back a few times but the 1st holds an extra special place 💜 Very memorable. Enjoy your trip!

Hi people!

So we have a reservation for lunch at Sanaa 3 weeks from today (the day right before we head home). I have heard great things about Sanaa and it's been one of the hardest reservations to get. (Don't get me going on Oga's, I'm still trying there!)

Can anyone provide feedback on Sanaa? I'm still on the fence about it. I was actually hoping for Yak & Yeti but I haven't been able to snag that one.

We had a good experience at Sanaa last November. Would also recommend the bread service.

Also regarding Yak & Yeti, actually should be easy to get if you follow the steps below:
1) Get a Landry membership online costing $25, you will receive a $25 welcome reward in return which you can use at Yak and Yeti
2) call Yak & Yeti directly and get a reservation that way (mentioning you are a Landry member might help)

We just ate there for lunch last week. We ordered the bread service and drinks and the waitress didn’t even ask if we wanted anything else yet. When we were done, thats when she asked. We were stuffed, we are not big eaters, and she laughed and said she never asks if anyone wants an entree until after they eat the bread service. She said usually when people get the bread service they end up taking most of their entree home in a doggie bag. But we were only 2 people. We did split the candy bar for dessert. The whole “small” meal was delicious.

We had lunch last month at Sanaa, the animals are great to see at lunch as it's dinner and a show. Ha
We would recommend the Bread service of course like everyone else. The Butter Chicken is a good standard and we also enjoyed the Tandoori Chicken served as an open faced naan sandwich.
We also ate at Yak and Yeti and had a excellent meal there as well, but we ate Asian flavor profile there, so I can't compare the Indian/African flavor profile to the Asian profile as they are completely different. (Duck and Korean Beef)
Ultimately, you can't loose either way, but it will depend if you want to leave the park or not and what flavor profile you are in the mood for.

We had dinner at Sanaa on our last trip and loved every moment of it. As lots of people have said - get the bread service (we had a little bit of each of the breads and then took the rest back to the hotel with us). DH had the butter chicken but he loves curries anyway, I had the shrimp biriyani and again had to take some back to the room as the portion was huge. We both got the home made candy bar as desert (again to go...eyes bigger than stomach's here!) and again it was really good, even for DH who isn't that big of a chocolate fan. Atmosphere was nice, restaurant was busy but it wasn't too loud so we could still have a conversation. Enjoy!

We loved Sanaa last time we were in WDW and am hoping to go again in October, was one of the better meals we had. The bread service was good, the menu is different from when we went so can't comment on some of it. I know my wife enjoyed her Potjie and one of my 6 year olds at the time loved the Butter Chicken :)

Worth the time. A comparable cuisine is Indian. None of the dishes were spicy hot but some of the spreads for the bread service have some heat.

We Love Sanaa......especially when were staying at the AKL......Bread Service and Butter Chicken were fantastic !!!!

I've been to Sanaa for both lunch and dinner. I MUCH prefer lunch-it's quieter, and my favorite offering, the tandoori chicken, is only available at lunchtime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter