• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanibel or Clearwater?

B

BEADY

I would love to hear your comments on Sanibel please, especially if you have been to the Holiday Inn. We are thinking of staying for a few nights. We cannot decide between The Holiday Inn at Sanibel or the Hilton Clearwater Beach Hotel in Clearwater. Any comments will be greatly received. Thanks Beady.

Hi my vote would definetly go to Sanibel! We have stayed on Captiva Island which is connected to Sanibel by a causeway, for 2 years now and we love it there!! As much as I love Disney and Mickey I love captiva just as much!! It is very beautiful, thick tropical foilage no billboards, high rises ect, very laid back great restaurants very relaxing and fun!! I think clear water will be more like a touresty place, you don't get that feeling on Sanibel/captiva it's more like a family place! there are many nice condos to choose from, we have rented a 3/4 bedroom home very close to the ocean, the water is also great there, although probally not as many waves but there's alot of wildlife, pelicans osprey, egrets many other birds ,saw dolphins every day manatees, lots of other ocean critters, beautiful sunsets, I wouldn't call it a "jumpin" place, but if you like nature and beatiful scenery I'd go with sanibel ! have fun! goofy4mickey

Hiya Beady,

We stayed at Clearwater Beach for a couple of nights recently and it was very nice ,thank you.
It IS a bit touristy, like g4m suggests, and that's not everyone's cup-of-tea, but it did for us. Our kids were bored with 'touristy' coz there were no rides.

The Great Stringer stayed at Sanibel last year, here's a link to his report

Kev goes to Sanibel

Make a flask and some sandwiches - you won't want to stop readin.

Oh, and after that I think you'll be bookin Sanibel!

Beady,
I stayed at the Sanibel Holiday Inn between Christmas/New Year and I
would definately recommend it! The rooms are a bit basic, but were very
clean with 2 double beds,TV,Fridge,Coffee making facilities,air con. The
location was superb - right on the beach. I would definately love to return
to Sanibel as it was absolutely beautiful and very relaxing, although very
quiet especially in the evenings. I have'nt been to Clearwater so I can't
comment or compare the two, but Sanibel gets a definate thumbs up from me!

Thanks for your replies,we are going ahead and booking Sanibel. It sounds idyllic. Just the job after hectic Orlando. thanks again, Beady.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter