• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Direct Waitlist

carli_h

Mouseketeer
I was just curious how long others are finding direct Saratoga points are taking to come through? We were put on the waitlist today for 2 x 75 point contracts.

We’ve decided to do a split of direct and resale, but not had any luck with resale as yet so going direct for 2018 points first.

Thanks.

Most wait lists are about cleared I think since Disney changed the rules and can now alter UY as they please. You should expect a call very very soon (Hours or days for SSR I'd imagine).

I was just curious how long others are finding direct Saratoga points are taking to come through? We were put on the waitlist today for 2 x 75 point contracts.

We’ve decided to do a split of direct and resale, but not had any luck with resale as yet so going direct for 2018 points first.

Thanks.
We just bought 75 points direct at SSR as an add on and there was no waitlist. Bought the same day we requested them from our guide. It was 3 weeks ago.

My guide said anything up to 2 months. However she did say there was a February contract available, which I thought was strange. I assumed it was because I wanted a December use year (with 2018 points).

It will probably be quicker than that. Ours was also a Dec use year to match our BWV Dec use year. We also got 2018 points. I believe now they can change the use years so not sure why the guide was saying that but like I said we were able to purchase same day we requested them. They will probably call you very soon as the pp said.

My guide said anything up to 2 months. However she did say there was a February contract available, which I thought was strange. I assumed it was because I wanted a December use year (with 2018 points).

You’re probably right about this. They want to sell you a contract where they don’t have to give you 2018 points with it. Stick to your Dec UY, and it’ll come through soon. The sales of soldout resorts have been brisk according to the records on the comptroller’s website.

You’re probably right about this. They want to sell you a contract where they don’t have to give you 2018 points with it. Stick to your Dec UY, and it’ll come through soon. The sales of soldout resorts have been brisk according to the records on the comptroller’s website.
Doesn't this depend on what available though? If no contracts come through ROFR with 2018 points they can't give them, right?

We just bought 75 points direct at SSR as an add on and there was no waitlist. Bought the same day we requested them from our guide. It was 3 weeks ago.
How much is Disney charging per add on point at SSR? We are probably going to buy resale first but may look to add on direct soon after.

I bought some SSR points a few years ago and I don't think I waited at all. Just picked up the phone and gave them a credit card number and they had points in my account in under a week.

I feel our guide would be much more interested if we were buying Riviera. She has tried to push one contract rather than 2 smaller and a February UY. I don’t have 100% confidence and I expect she thinks I’m a time waster as I asked a load of questions after being asked to be put on the waitlist.

We did the tour in December with our guide and visited CCV but weren’t blown away. I did mention we had looked at resale at the time which she has referenced in our email exchange. However I will see what happens.

I feel our guide would be much more interested if we were buying Riviera. She has tried to push one contract rather than 2 smaller and a February UY. I don’t have 100% confidence and I expect she thinks I’m a time waster as I asked a load of questions after being asked to be put on the waitlist.

We did the tour in December with our guide and visited CCV but weren’t blown away. I did mention we had looked at resale at the time which she has referenced in our email exchange. However I will see what happens.
Just tell your guide your not interested in Riviera due to unknowns about it, due to if you sold it it can only be used at Riviera and the high dues.

Strange that she would not want the sale even if it's not Riviera or copper creek. Our guide knows we have 210 resale BWV points but when we called 3 weeks ago he didn't even bat an eye and we got the SSR points that day with a Dec use year and 2018 points. Maybe it's just her personality but I would think you wanting to purchase 2 smaller "sold out" resort contracts is still better than you saying never mind. And btw there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking a lot of questions. She probably wants to tread around some of the questions you are asking.

Sorry realised post didn’t read well! She tried to push 1 contract at SSR. She has tried Rivera, but I pointed out resale restrictions. She basically said it won’t be my problem but the buyers.

Sorry realised post didn’t read well! She tried to push 1 contract at SSR. She has tried Rivera, but I pointed out resale restrictions. She basically said it won’t be my problem but the buyers.
WOW. What a super disappointing answer. Is she truly that naive or simply being a pushy salesperson????

It was put much more diplomatically than I have, but ultimately what it meant.

She is definitely sales focused. That said she was far less pushy than some guides mentioned on here and has been pretty patient with us.

I think I would ask for a new guide, though I've never bought direct I can't say if this is even possible...

The buyers problem is your problem, basically the prices on resale will be lower because the person who buys it can only stay at one resort, not 15. Buy a resale contract at one of the other 14, one could use it at 14 resorts. Being able to possibly stay at 14 resorts compared to 1 resort. Which would you pick? And what do you think which is worth more? And which has more value? Some people buy a contract and use it just at that resort, that’s great. I like to enjoy the “Club” I bought into. DVD seems to be taking the Club out of DVC with Riviera.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter