Saratoga Springs

I’m piggybacking on this thread. The DW and I originally booked AKV for our May trip but found we could squeeze in an extra night at the SSR! We got a preferred room, so what’s the best preferred section if we want easy bus access?

Congress Park and The Springs are the 2 sections in that category. Neither will have a long walk to the buses and Springs offers a little shorter walk to the restaurants. Both were the most requested sections - Congress Park for quiet and Disney Springs views and The Springs for being central to everything. The Springs is also the last bus stop before departing for the theme parks so short on the trip out. You can run into seats not being available by the time the buses come around if you're departing at a busy time. Congress Park is second to the last stop before heading out to the parks so not bad either.

The GrandStand.
I’m piggybacking on this thread. The DW and I originally booked AKV for our May trip but found we could squeeze in an extra night at the SSR! We got a preferred room, so what’s the best preferred section if we want easy bus access?
Sorry - just noticed you said Preferred. The Preferred actually have the worst bus stops IMHO as the bus comes in at GrandStand and CP and then the Springs with all the other stops in between. CP and the Springs are Preferred because of access to DS, not the buses. Sorry for the confusion.

Sorry - just noticed you said Preferred. The Preferred actually have the worst bus stops IMHO as the bus comes in at GrandStand and CP and then the Springs with all the other stops in between. CP and the Springs are Preferred because of access to DS, not the buses. Sorry for the confusion.

Totally agree that the buses at the Springs aren't great. My family watched at least 6 full buses to MK over about an hour at the Springs stop and missed rope drop. They fill up at the other resorts and don't have room for anyone else. When we did get on a bus, it was standing room only. If buses are a big deal, then the Grandstand is the place to be. Always get on an empty bus, so you get a seat every time. Grandstand is easy to get to from the THV's too. Don't bother with the internal transfer to the Springs.

For early hours at a park, would the Springs first bus still be a problem? Or should we just take our car to the park?

I would suggest you request Paddock because that pool is so much fun for kids your daughter’s age. The grandstand pool is just a standard pool, no water slide. Since you get to make 2 requests on your online check in, also request to be near the pool (which also happens to be the bus stop, so double win)
I do like the grandstand when it’s just me and my husband but paddock is the preferred location of my kids.
We will be going with our five year old granddaughter in November. I'm calling Friday to make the reservations. I was going to get the preferred area, but should I go with the standard room and request a room in the Paddock area, if we want to be near the better pool? This will be our first staying here, so I have no clue about where everything is and where to request our room. TIA

For early hours at a park, would the Springs first bus still be a problem? Or should we just take our car to the park?

Early in the morning when crowds all head to the park at the same time, it is an issue. We watched numerous full buses pass us that didn't stop because they were full. When we did get on a bus, it was standing room only. If I were to do it again, I'd walk back to the Grandstand to get on an empty bus.

We will be going with our five year old granddaughter in November. I'm calling Friday to make the reservations. I was going to get the preferred area, but should I go with the standard room and request a room in the Paddock area, if we want to be near the better pool? This will be our first staying here, so I have no clue about where everything is and where to request our room. TIA
I think she would LOVE the Paddock pool, it has one of the best small child water play areas (it’s even gated so they can’t sneak away) The Paddock Grill has a small offering of breakfast, lunch and dinner choices (though not as large as you will find at the Artist Pallet at the main building)
In my opinion, the preferred area is really only preferable if you plan on going to Disney Springs (because it’s the closest to there)
If it is important for you to be near the Carriage House (the main building where you check in) it’s about 5-10min walk across a pond with foot bridge.
If you will be spending most of your time in the parks and at the pool, I do recommend requesting the Paddock, near the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter