• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sat.April 30th one day only will it be worth it?

LisaRay

DIS Veteran
Hello, I am new to the disneyland board. I was on here back in 2002 when we went for the 1st time.

However we spend most of our vacation time in Florida. So please excuse my small amount of Disneyland knowledge! :confused3

My husband is going on a business trip to Vegas and I am tagging along. At the end of the trip he has to rent a car and drive to LA for a very short meeting and then we will be flying home from there. So we will be in LA for one full day. Sat. april 30th. Flying out at 6:30 am on sunday. We plan to spend that sat. night near the airport but may be able to spend the Friday night before our disney day near disneyland.

I am thinking that a Saturday is probably the busiest day we could possibly be there and I am not sure it is even worth our time and money. We will be without the kids but I am not sure how much we will be able to really get done and enjoy at the parks that day. So I am torn between cramming a full day in at DL or maybe we should just find something else to do touristy in the LA area.
Any advice for me? I would love some!! Thanks!! :)

Loving Disneyland as I do I think any amount of time spent there is worth it! If you get to the park at opening, in fact 30 minutes before you will be surprised at how much you can accomplish in just a couple of hours. As Disneyland begins to fill up you can head over to California Adventure, their crowds are lower on Saturdays. They will have the Electrical Parade over there. I really think that two adults could get enough done to make it worth it but that's just me! You will know ahead you cannot do it all so you can just go at the pace that suits you. My husband and I did a one and half day trip there jus the two of us last August and it was really fun. It felt weird to be there without the kids but it was a blast!

Depends on what you expect. I am going with a friend on May 6th for one day only :earsboy: . We are not planning on going on many of the rides - just taking in some show/tours. Anytime in dl is better then none for us! The best part - NO KIDS!!!!!!!! :cheer2: We'll have a blast no matter what.

I would do some research on what is there so you will know exactly what you want to try to do, making a "must do" list of about 10 things and an "if there is time" list with a few more things. Check the Disneyland website so that you will know what attractions will be closed. It is definitely worth doing even for just one day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter