• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Satuli Canteen... best food to order?

MandyLovesMulan

A girl worth fighting for!
What are your favorite items to order at satuli canteen? (I am trying to plan out the bowl mixture option... what items have good flavor/quality?)

We didn't like the tofu at all sadly... I usually love tofu but theirs had so much batter on them they tasted more like french fries than crispy tofu. The potato hash was really good though and we enjoyed the beef bowl with it and the onion sauce!

I've only eaten there once and had no idea what I was getting. I ended up trying the beef bowl with sweet potato hash which I was skeptical about but felt adventurous that day. It was different from what used to but I was pleasantly surprised how good it was.
Enjoy what ever you choose and take advantage of the mobile ordering.

Is the veggie slaw that comes in things creamy like cole slaw? Or does it have more of a vinaigrette on it?

I had the Beef Bowl with sweet potato hash base & creamy herb sauce. It was by far the BEST quick service meal I have ever had & one of my favorite meals of the trip!

Also did mobile ordering & glad we did because after we quickly picked up our food, we saw the line to order was a mile long.

Had the slow roasted beef with the quinoa/vegetables and with the romaine salad with the herb dressing each time. Both were good, but got the salad version 3rd time..it was my favorite meal at Disney (only ate QS).
My son (8) loved the cheeseburger pods, but didn't care for the vegetable chips that came with it so I ate them, they are ok...the taro root ones a bit bland.

I got the beef bowl with quinoa and it was very good. DH got the cheeseburger pods but didn't like them and DD got the hotdog and loved it.

We got the cheeseburger pod for my son and he didn't love it but he devoured the chicken bowl. We loved all of the bowls we had at the table, and I recommend any option. We didn't try the tofu though. I would recommend trying a few of the sauces they have to go with the bowls. They were willing to give multiple choices.

I ordered the exact same thing, also using the mobile ordering. It was fantastic! I would order the same thing again without a doubt.

I had the Beef Bowl with sweet potato hash base & creamy herb sauce. It was by far the BEST quick service meal I have ever had & one of my favorite meals of the trip!

Also did mobile ordering & glad we did because after we quickly picked up our food, we saw the line to order was a mile long.[/QUOTE

We got the beef bowl with quinoa salad and the herb sauce. I agree with pp that it was the best food we ate all week. It was filling, yet not heavy and tasted fresh and delicious. It was a large enough dish that DS10 and I shared and were just barely able to finish it. Great portion size

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter