Saving Geraniums

grammynelliebelle

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had luck with keeping geraniums from year to year. I remember my dad uses to let them go and then hang upside down in the basement and replant the next year. Anybody have luck with that or is there something else. I would love to reuse the plants next year. TIa Grammy:goodvibes

In my last house I would knock the dirt off and hang them upside down in the basement. I didn't have space to put them in a window. It worked well year after year. Now I just bring them in the house to a very sunny window all winter.

Thanks for the info. I am really a newbie to this so a question. When you hung them in the basement did you cut the flower heads off first.Also if you keep them in a sunny window do you also cut them back or just treat them like they are out in the garden? Do they have a dormant period? TIA Grammy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter