Saw Disney's "Frozen" last night. Wow.

My wife and I saw Frozen on Thanksgiving and loved it. And I agree with the OP, the music was fantastic. I still find myself singing the songs, much to my wife's chagrin.

Saw it - Didn't like it.

The potential is there for a good movie and the animation is spectacular but it doesn't work for me.

I found Olaf annoying (like Jar-Jar binks annoying). The music mostly unremarkable, the troll song was good but the "duet" between the sisters, which should've been a very powerful scene just never came across that way.

I think if they had shown more of the relationship between the sisters - expanding on that rather than spend time on Olaf (who seems anathema to the story as a whole) they would've had a much more powerful movie.

This movie was great. Easily the best Disney movie in the past 20 years. Music is up there with Beauty and the Beast.

I will respectfully disagree with you on that point. Not even close to Beauty and the Beast.

I saw Frozen today and really enjoyed it. To me, it wasn't quite up there with BatB (which I still think is "practically perfect in every way," to quote Mary Poppins),
:thumbsup2

but I'd put it on par with "Tangled." Enjoyed the songs, thought the voice cast was great, and I liked the core "sisters" story. I loved Olaf and though Josh Gad was hilarious.

I felt like the music was far better than the music in Tangled, but in Frozen the storytelling wasn't as good as Tangled.

I've seen it twice, and definitely liked it better the second time around, not that I didn't like it the first time around, I did, but the things that irked me the first time around didn't bother me as much with the second viewing. The original music apart from the story, was very good. I'd say a notch below Aladdin or Lion King, and "Let It Go" (a.k.a Defying Gravity- Disney style) is absolutely on par with songs like "Part of Your World" and "Circle of Life".

However, when put together with the story, something just didn't quite mesh for me. It was almost as if the songs and the story weren't developed together. They just didn't quite click perfectly. And even on the whole the songs seemed to be written for two different movies. "Let It Go" and "For the First Time in Forever" just don't feel like the belong with the other songs to me. Even the High School Musical-esque "Love is an Open Door" fits better with the other songs. (Although, I will admit, I'm totally addicted now to "Love is an Open Door" it is so wonderfully cheesy, I just can't help myself.)

Even with that nitpicking though, the music is so strong that it elevates this movie beyond the flaws for me. It doesn't quite reach Aladdin or Lion King status, but it is close. I really hope Disney will tighten up the story and develop it as a stage production. I think it would be far better on the stage than on the screen, and it was pretty darn good on the screen.

Saw it - Didn't like it.

The potential is there for a good movie and the animation is spectacular but it doesn't work for me.

I found Olaf annoying (like Jar-Jar binks annoying). The music mostly unremarkable, the troll song was good but the "duet" between the sisters, which should've been a very powerful scene just never came across that way.

I think if they had shown more of the relationship between the sisters - expanding on that rather than spend time on Olaf (who seems anathema to the story as a whole) they would've had a much more powerful movie.

Thank you for writing my review for me. Glad someone else was able to go in and leave their rose colored glasses home.

Thank you for writing my review for me. Glad someone else was able to go in and leave their rose colored glasses home.

Ok supernova we get it you didn't like the movie... Lol

Just out of curiosity... I have seen your sn pop up a lot around this board and you seem to dislike everything you comment on. (Just a simple observation) It makes me wonder: What do you consider to be a well-done movie? What gets 4 out of 5 stars from you animation-wise and motion picture wise? Not flaming you or trying to make you angry, I am just curious...

Just out of curiosity... I have seen your sn pop up a lot around this board and you seem to dislike everything you comment on. (Just a simple observation) It makes me wonder: What do you consider to be a well-done movie? What gets 4 out of 5 stars from you animation-wise and motion picture wise? Not flaming you or trying to make you angry, I am just curious...

Yes, I am also interested. WALL-E and Toy Story would be up there for me, but I still think Frozen is fantastic.

The avatar's more there for the villain than the movie, although I did like the film... primarily for the villains. I fast forward through the Helen Reddy stuff. I haven't seen a decent movie in a while. For me, the antagonist is twice as important as the protagonist. Tangled was a borefest to me, and the 'villain' was weak. Can't think of the last solid Disney film I saw. But I have never been one of those "Disney can do no wrong" people. Because they can. And they have.

It's not that he didn't like the movie... he didn't even see the movie and is criticizing it.

Judging by his avatar I'd guess Pete's Dragon (the darkest Disney movie ever).

I liked Pete's Dragon. lol I havent seen it in ages though...

I'm not a Disney can do no wrong person either. I see stuff I like and stuff I'm disappointed in too. But I do like most of their stuff.

I don't get what people who always bash Disney are doing here. It's a forum mainly for people who actualy enjoy Disney. If you don't enjoy Disney movies, then don't come here.

This whole thing reminds me of the paper towels last year.

I'm intrigued.

There was a whole post about how Disney World cut corners, that it's not what it used to be, and this guy was having a huge fit about how the restaurents now give generic brown paper towels instead of fancy ones. It's been a running gag for months after that.

lynypixie said:
I don't get what people who always bash Disney are doing here. It's a forum mainly for people who actualy enjoy Disney. If you don't enjoy Disney movies, then don't come here.

This whole thing reminds me of the paper towels last year.

Where are we nursery school?

You do realize that's like saying if you have a different opinion you done belong here.
I have always found that to be one of the saddest aspects of this site. Unless you tow the "accepted" mantra you are told to go elsewhere.
Are we still in 3rd grade where if you don't agree with me I'm taking my ball back and going home?
You love Disney so much that you cant handle hearing a dissenting opinion?

Very sad. I love Disney. I also thought Cars and Planes were horrible, money grabbing hunks of junk. I not apologizing because people can't tolerate differences of opinions.

Where are we nursery school?

You do realize that's like saying if you have a different opinion you done belong here.
I have always found that to be one of the saddest aspects of this site. Unless you tow the "accepted" mantra you are told to go elsewhere.
Are we still in 3rd grade where if you don't agree with me I'm taking my ball back and going home?
You love Disney so much that you cant handle hearing a dissenting opinion?

Very sad. I love Disney. I also thought Cars and Planes were horrible, money grabbing hunks of junk. I not apologizing because people can't tolerate differences of opinions.

You do realize that a poster saying those that loved Frozen are "wearing rose coloured glasses" can be seen as antagonistic and juvenile right? It's a sweeping generalization that some would get offended about.

FTR I loved Frozen and Tangled. Cars is a crappy series and you couldn't pay me to watch Rescuers or Pete's Dragon ever again.

There was a whole post about how Disney World cut corners, that it's not what it used to be, and this guy was having a huge fit about how the restaurents now give generic brown paper towels instead of fancy ones. It's been a running gag for months after that.

A napkin fit? Hahaha.
I've see the flatulence fit thread which I assume will resurface for months too ;)

LimeCordial said:
You do realize that a poster saying those that loved Frozen are "wearing rose coloured glasses" can be seen as antagonistic and juvenile right? It's a sweeping generalization that some would get offended about.

FTR I loved Frozen and Tangled. Cars is a crappy series and you couldn't pay me to watch Rescuers or Pete's Dragon ever again.

And that's equally as bad but rarely are they told [or gently given the suggestion )to go else where.

I too saw the napkin thread, what is not being said was that the topic of the thread was how Disney has gotten "cheap". Now I've been going over 15 years so I remember when they had thick big napkins and while it's not an important factor in my vacation, I do agree it's a downgrade. Saying so doesnt mean I dislike Disney, it's just mean that the mouse world has gone down in some areas.

I read in the paper that there's some kind of economic situation happening in America lately. Could that have something to do with the napkins?

All kidding aside Pete's Dragon is really dark. I just rewatched it recently with my son. Orphan lives with hobos. Creates imaginary friend to cope with abuse. Runs away. Is taken in by lonely woman who pines away for her dead fiance lost at sea and lives with her alcoholic father. Pretty heavy stuff. And that's just the exposition.

Lol I remember the great napkin debate. The ones w the little mickeys were a lot cuter though... Hehehehe

I also thought Cars and Planes were horrible, money grabbing hunks of junk. I not apologizing because people can't tolerate differences of opinions.

I think pixie was referring more to supernova who is coming off as completely anti-Disney on all these threads lately... I hadn't been on here in a while but I had seen the movie last week n wondered what the buzz on the boards was... And yes we are all entitled to our opinions and shouldn't have to apologize for them. Eliza you and I were able to have a respectful difference of opinion and to politely agree to disagree. I don't like to start cyber arguments lol

Btw, I do agree about planes. It was cars & turbo mixed but w planes. I didn't like it that much. My kids weren't wowed either, but I did enjoy the first Cars movie. Cars 2 got weird...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter