SB idea to share!

MerryPoppins

<font color=coral>I posted around Woo Hooty time<b
My DH's cousin scrapbooks and I looked at her book on Saturday after the DIS Meet. She brought it to my in-law's 50th anniversary party, so I could see her new pages.

She has started liking 2-page spreads, but thinks patterned paper can be too busy if you do both pages. I agree. She had taken patterned paper and had a color copy made on acid-free paper, blowing up an element of the paper that she liked. For example, if the paper had fall leaves and acorns, she blew up a leaf and an acorn and cut them out. Then on the facing page she used a complimenting color of paper and the home-made "die cut" that matched. The layouts were SO cute and she said they took no time at all. She had also copied elements of wrapping paper, fabric and a Christmas tablecloth. I got to thinking about cute Chrismas cards I've seen. Gets the wheels turning, doesn't it?

Now, why didn't I think of that? :) Can you think of other ideas?

I love this idea and will definitely have to try it.

I haven't done anything that creative but I am working on our WDW trip album and I bought the mickey ears punch. On almost every page I have tiny ear punches as accents in some form that the viewer can search for like hidden mickeys! For example the knob on the top of a flag pole or the center of a letter O. My kids especially like this and the grownups do too.

MerryPoppins it is nice to see I am not the only one on the computer at this early hour!

What a cute idea, pas2. I'll have to remember that when I do my next Disney album. It'd be fun.

These are great ideas! Now with my new color copier it will be even easier too!

Lisa

What a great idea. I suppose it would work with a scanner and printer as well. :)

I get some of the cutest ideas for scrapbooking from gift bags. They have some really fun ones out there! Coloring books make great inspiration too. Pas2- We have hidden Mickeys in our album too. Of course we've looked at it so many times, they aren't really hidden anymore!

Ok... I was surfing to get some ideas for my WDW trip in which I am leaving for in 2 days and I came upon a website that had specific disney pages..... I loved an idea I saw!! Each page was a letter of the alphabet with that letter large in the corner of the page and all the pictures pertaining to those letters ! They showed M for Mikey and all pictures of things with Mickey in them...... I thought I could use the letters as emotions too.... such as.... F for Fun... and pictures of my kids smiling and having fun ! Each letter could easily become a double page layout for those who take too many pictures like I do !! I think on the plane I may even get a notebook with a letter on each page and every night before bed, jot down a few ideas for those letter pages and which pictures to include from the day ! I can't wait to do this.... it will be my first out of the ordinary scrapbook !!!!!

Debbie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter