School Schedule Changed. Need Advice!

LikeSeriously

Mouseketeer
Our school system just voted to change our calendar for next year. I already have a trip booked for the first week of October 2023. Our fall break has now been changed to the second week. That first week was like our best kept secret ever!

Missing school is 100% NOT an option for us. So I have to change our trip.

My choices are:
~ Second week of October
~ Thanksgiving Week
~ Week before Christmas

We travel Saturday to Sunday, so the weekends before and after each of these weeks will be included. And we make the most of every day, so sometimes we hit parks on travel days.

What is the lesser of three evils here? I just cringe at all of these options compared to that first week in October when we usually go.

I will add that we have been the week of Thanksgiving as well as the week of Christmas in the past. We managed because I’m a schedule oriented person. But free fast passes played a huge part in that as well. We were able to avoid all major wait times both trips. We haven’t been since Covid, so I’m just now realizing that fast passes aren’t there. Paying for something like that is NOT and option.

What are y’all’s thoughts on these times? I’d love to hear them!

Of the three, Thanksgiving is the worst. A couple of decades ago, it was pretty good, especially before Wednesday. Not any more.

The week before Christmas somewhat depends on where Christmas falls in the week.

Next year, Christmas falls on a Monday. This means Christmas crowds will start arriving on Friday, towards the end of your potential trip. And that Sunday (your departure day) is Christmas Eve. Do you really want to be traveling on Christmas Eve?

But Columbus Day 2023 is Monday, October 9, 2023 - the second week of the month. It’s more crowded than usual that week.

If you don’t mind traveling on Christmas Eve, then WDW is such a fun way to get into the Christmas spirit.

But if that travel date bothers you, then go with the second week of October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter