Scotland anyone?

wbc99

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used their points for a stay in Scotland? If so, which resort/hotel/castle? Did you enjoy the trip? Was there much to do? Etc. etc. TIA!

Haven't been yet (going to visit friends in '06) but I've heard the De Vere Cameron House on Loch Lomond is the place to stay. I also think we can trade in there.

Check it out:

De Vere Cameron House

A year ago, DH and I spent one week in Ireland then a week in Scotland. We loved both countries. Lots to do and see. Our history seems like yesterday to what theirs is. Beautiful castles, awesome ocean views and cliffs. We did not stay on points so I can't address that. We bought a couple of books on the two countries and listed the things we wanted to do and prioritized them. That's where we got the best info.

We had a romantic weekend at Cameron House (no kids!) - it is a fabulous hotel in a magnificent location on the banks of Loch Lomond. We would highly recommend it. They also have timeshare lodges which you may be able to rent if you want something bigger - I think they are expensive (and you may not even be able to get hold of one) but we toured a couple when we were there and they were out of this world.

Originally posted by goofy4dvc
Our history seems like yesterday to what theirs is.

Just two thoughts...one is when we were touring Westminster Palace and the security guides pointed out to us that the original court was already 500 years old when Henry VIII took over...I think they like to boggle American minds with that fact. :-)

The second is something I heard years ago.... 200 years is a long time for an American, 200 miles is a long way to drive for a European.

Someday we'll make it back to the British Isles...DVC might make it affordable. :)
-Joe

2 years ago I did a 9 day tour of Scotland with Presitage Tours. It has nothing to do with Disney. The tour I did was called Royal Scotland and we visited all the castles & "royal" things in Scotland. It's a bus tour and the bus only holds 14 people max. We had 11 on our trip. We did over 1500 miles in 7 days (2 were travel days). It was the best tour I have ever been on. Our tour guide lived in Scotland so he knew the area well. We did the highlands and lowlands and learned a lot. We went in July and it did rain in the highlands. Loved the trip. I believe we paid about $1100 per person and it included all meals, hotels, tours, etc. Only thing I spent money on was stuff I brought back. Great trip, I would do it again.
PS: I did this with a girlfriend and we did not feel out of place. The rest of the traveling group were couples and 1 single Professor from Cambridge. She was a lot of fun and didn't feel out of place either.

We went 3 times (not on points) and loved it. We like to go anywhere from 2 - 3 weeks though. Flights are expensive so once you are there you might as well stay as long as you can. The history is amazing (we have nothing to compare) and the country is so beautiful and the people so friendly - you'll love it. We usually go in August for the World Pipe Band Competitions but get out of Glasgow right after and try to see the rest of Scotland. We loved Oban on the West and St. Andrews on the East (oh well - and everything in between).

Not on points either, but we also recommend going in August and going to Edinburgh for their festival, including the Military Tattoo!

Bobbi:D

Is it really that place? When I googled the name of the place De Vere Resort Ownership Cameron House a lot of other places came up that are not the beautiful one on the link? Help. I hope it is the one in the link you sent...it's gorgeous!

Is it really that place? When I googled the name of the place De Vere Resort Ownership Cameron House a lot of other places came up that are not the beautiful one on the link? Help. I hope it is the one in the link you sent...it's gorgeous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter