Scotland Meets Thread (formerly Scotland: A Brave Adventure)

Thanks everyone for the recommendation for Rabbie's. I just finished booking for the Stirling Castle and Loch Lomond.

Sayhello I arrive on the 30th around 430pm. I have been to Edinburgh before on a cruise so just spent the day there. I think you will find it is easy to walk around on your own if you decide to stay in the city. I love castles so I had to try and see Stirling.

I'm really looking forward to this trip. Glad to see I won't be the only solo traveler.

Hi everyone I am booked on the August 31, 2014 trip. I'm wondering the best way to visit Stirling Castle. Calypso you had a driver, can I ask how much? The train looks like another option. I have also glanced at the group tours but they return late and I'm not sure what time the welcome dinner is that night.

Thanks

You are going to have so much fun! Yes, he was £50.00 per hour. Paddles had the same driver and we chose him based on her recommendation. As you see there are less expensive ways to get to Stirling Castle. However, I would do it the same way again. We stopped at a few other locations prior to Stirling as well as the William Wallace monument afterwards he was an awesome story teller.

We are going back to Edinburgh in September prior to our London/Paris ABD trip and spending a few days there, then heading to Inverness for a day tour. I thought about taking the train to get there until I saw that our tour operator also does private tours from Edinburgh to Inverness. So, now we have 2 day tours :laughing: While it is more expensive than taking the train, I chose that route based on the wonderful experience I had with our driver from the Balmoral last year.

Hi Paul! So do the odds look good for the new tram to be up and running from the airport into Edinburgh by this June? (Our June 29 ABD fast approaches and I am working on pre-tour details!)

Hi

We're going on the June 29 trip too!! There will be 12 of us all together. My Parents, Myself and my 14 year-old son, my sisters, their husbands and kids (ages 13, 11, 11 ans 9) We are so very excited! This will be our 4th ABD and we always meet the nicest folks. Can't wait to mee you!:wave2:

Anyone on the June 29, 2014 trip? My whole family is going and we're so excited!! 12 of us in all!! This is our 4th ABD and we've heard guides for this particular trip are the absolute best (which is hard to believe, because we've had some spectacular guides already!) Can't wait to meet you!:woohoo:

Hi

We're going on the June 29 trip too!! There will be 12 of us all together. My Parents, Myself and my 14 year-old son, my sisters, their husbands and kids (ages 13, 11, 11 ans 9) We are so very excited! This will be our 4th ABD and we always meet the nicest folks. Can't wait to mee you!:wave2:

Great! This will be a fantastic trip and we look forward to meeting you all! We will have 4-me, DW, DS (20) and DD (13). We are meeting up with two other families we met on a prior ABD and now close friends. Guess this trip will be one of large clans!

Witchery by the Castle was a cool dining experience. For pub food we enjoyed The World's End Pub and also Whiski Bar & Restaurant.

So - what kind of Ciders do they have over in Scotland??:confused3
Would love to check out the local drinks and pair them up with local foods & such = YUM!!:)

Thanks 4 the above suggestion -:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

P.S. Just heard on a tv travel show the other day that the Scots are famous for inventing........THE RAINCOAT.:goodvibes
(something like it was invented in 1838 in Scotland) -

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers

So - what kind of Ciders do they have over in Scotland??:confused3
Would love to check out the local drinks and pair them up with local foods & such = YUM!!:)

We had Strongbow Cider which I have also had at Epcot. We also had Thistly Cross Cider, which was my favorite. DH tried Kopparberg Pear Cider and he loved that one. I wish I could find the Thistly Cross cider here in the states.

Hi Paul! So do the odds look good for the new tram to be up and running from the airport into Edinburgh by this June? (Our June 29 ABD fast approaches and I am working on pre-tour details!)

The trams will officially start taking passengers on 31 May so you will be able to get a tram from the airport to the city centre. :)

As a side note, Yahoo just announced that they will be showing the Outlander series on Starz this summer. The trailer looks promising. What do you think calypso726? You got me to read the whole series! I wonder how much of the book they will show on TV. They would have major rating issues there.

As a side note, Yahoo just announced that they will be showing the Outlander series on Starz this summer. The trailer looks promising. What do you think calypso726? You got me to read the whole series! I wonder how much of the book they will show on TV. They would have major rating issues there.

I've been following this since they announced it would be coming to TV. Ron D. Moore, the producer, has promised to stay true to the books. He also includes Diana Gabaldon, the author, on developments. He has told the fans that he is not allowed to screw up his wife's favorite book series :goodvibes We have been told nothing is being left out or cut with regards to the parts in the book that aren't suitable for all audiences which is why it has to be on cable. The fans were told that the only thing not in the books that will be on the show is a little more back story on Claire and Frank's relationship so the audience can understand why she loves her husband and wants to get back to him.

So glad to hear you read the series! I am waiting on pins and needles for book 8 to be released in June!

Hello All!

Our family is signed up for the August 17-25, 2014 Scotland trip. It is me, DH, DD (10) and DD (9). I haven't been on the boards since our last cruise but I thought I would check in and say hello and see if I can find some other families who will traveling with us :)

Hello All!

Our family is signed up for the August 17-25, 2014 Scotland trip. It is me, DH, DD (10) and DD (9). I haven't been on the boards since our last cruise but I thought I would check in and say hello and see if I can find some other families who will traveling with us :)
Hey, there, DCPhotoGal! I've added you to the Roll Call on the first post of this Thread. It looks like you will be on the same departure as DISer disneydeb8 & her family! And I'll be on the trip right after yours. :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Has anyone started the new Outlander novel? I'm planning to save it for the plane ride to Scotland. So excited for this trip!

Has anyone started the new Outlander novel? I'm planning to save it for the plane ride to Scotland. So excited for this trip!

Good thing you reminded me! It's released today and I'm going to download it now. :)

Yes! I pre-ordered it on Audible and downloaded it on my phone. I started listening to it today. I missed my "Outlander family."

Yes! I pre-ordered it on Audible and downloaded it on my phone. I started listening to it today. I missed my "Outlander family."

Is Davina Porter still the narrator? I am listening to An Echo in the Bone right now.

Is Davina Porter still the narrator? I am listening to An Echo in the Bone right now.

Yes, she is. She is awesome. You'll appreciate the new release. The end of Echo leaves you with some serious cliffhangers! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter