Scrapbooking Adhesive

anne930

DIS Veteran
I'm coming to the experts for advice... I did the layouts for a Disney Cruise scrapbook several years ago and never stuck anything in place. Now I want to finish it. I read somewhere that that the Scotch ATG gun was the way to go, so without realizing the difference in the models, purchased the yellow ATG-700. It works with 1/2" and 3/4" tape and seems huge to me. The pink ATG model uses 1/4" tape. Which size tape do you use for general scrapbooking - for pictures & Disney cutouts, it seems the 1/2" would adhere better since the tape is wider, but for lettering, the 1/4". Can I use 1/4" tape in the ATG-700? I can still return the ATG-700, so need to decide soon...

Thanks so much!

I don't have an ATG tape runner but I would think any size tape would work well for your needs. Hopefully one of our scrappers familiar with the ATG tape runner will post to answer specifically for you.

I use photo squares to adhere my photos and papers.. I also add a my tape runner between the photo squares on the big papers to make sure they adhere.

I have been using the 1/4" Pink Scotch ATG for a few years now and love it! Initially I thought it would be a pain to deal with as the actual unit is quite large. I have been scrapping since 1998 and this is the first adhesive I have found that actually seems to stick decently over time. Some of my other adhesives would have a problem adhering to textured cardstock but not the ATG.

Good to know! Thank you for replying. Anyone else have either the 1/4" or the 1/2" Scotch ATG? 1/4" seems so little to me!

I use the pink ATG gun as well, not sure what the tape size is but I think it 1/4 inch.

For things like letters and small embellishments I use zig pens, with the ball point tip. And glue dots, those are my 3 go to adhesives.

I think I've decided to keep the yellow ATG gun that's 1/2" wide, but get the 1/4" adapter. That will give me 2 sizes. I just hope it's a good adhesive... A lot of what I scrap is bigger pieces. I've used some the cheap tape runners and they don't stick well so looking for a better solution! Time will tell, I guess...

The zig pen sounds interesting. I think I'll give that one a try... Thanks for the suggestion!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter