Sea World Adventure Camp?

KittenLittle

<font color=FF66FF>Minds her manners! ;)
Does anyone have any experience with the Summer Splash camp for middle school kids??? It looks like something my DD would LOVE-but I would like to hear more about it.
Thanks!!

My elder DD did one of the Camp Seaworld weeks and had a great time. They may have changed the format a little as this was 4/5 years ago ( she was 13/14 at the time). They had 3 fulldays at SW and one at BG with one "check in" afternoon. They had two sleepovers one in the manatees area and one in Wild Arctic ( although they could have been in the dolphin cove or shark area :eek: ) the other nights were spent at a local hotel. I think they were three to a room, but may have been four.

She learned a lot about the care of the animals at SW and saw a lot of backstage stuff. For the money I thought there were quite a few things that could be done better, without any real cost to SW but I may just being picky (hey it's a fair amount of money LOL). The CM's were great with the kids, it's well organised and they get the chance to learn a good amount about how a animal park functions. IMHO if your kids are interested in this as a career option it's money well spent. As a "fun week/time" for the kids or giving parents the chance of some adult time together it's a very good option, but it's certainly an expensive option.

Thanks,Vernon! My DD loves animals and has always indicated interest in marine biology.Next June will be her 11th b'day and my 30th anniversary,so it could turn out to be a great way to celebrate. I was thinking DH and I could see the sights while she was at the camp,and then do stuff with her on the week-end. It would be an expensive week,and I would need to start planning now. I don't think we can apply to camp until the schedule is set this Fall,but it surely looks like a lot of fun for all of us!
Any more info,folks??:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter