sea world after DC

mom2ee

Mouseketeer
Is it crazy to think that after our day at DC, we could head over to SW for a few hours of fun? Our girls are 7 and 8 and we have never been to either DC or SW.

It's a full day and IMHo you'll be tired. The other aspect is that DC is such a relaxed and wonderful day I think going to another park that's busy and potentially heaving with people will take away from the feeling of DC.

I'd return to the hotel,freshen up and book a nice meal somewhere. You will have a weeks worth of SW to use and kids of that age will love SW. I'd make plenty of use of that week and recoup some of the $$$s you've spent on the DC tickets. IMHO while it's possible to cover most of SW in one day your best use would be 3 or 4 half to three quarter days mixed in with some pool time or shopping at Belz.

It can be done, but yeah, you'll be tired.

We went from DC to SWF on July 4th two years ago.
But we stayed at the Renaissance Resort, which is literally across the street. We came back from DC at 5pm, rested, got some free snacks in the club room, then went over to SWF and saw the fireworks. Place was packed, we went straight to the ski stadium and got a seat near the front of the orchestra. The last Shamu show finished, those people came over to the stadium overflowing into the grass. The fireworks went off, great show, and then everyone headed for the exits. It took about 30 minutes to get out of the park because of all the people, but we had fun.

If I was doing it today, I'd probably go back to the hotel, get cleaned up, go back to SWF and eat at the waterfront area, catch the last Shamu show, the fireworks, then leave.

we did it - I was trashed tired...my seven year old little girl was rockin and ready to go... we went from discovery cove to the hotel to shower and then to the dinner with shamu thing followed by fireworks and another shamu show - shamu rocks america -

I was going to stay at the hotel and pass out - very glad I did not

We did it. Our Dolphin swim was early in the AM and at about 2 it started to pour. We decided to just leave our suits on with t-shirts and such and do SW in the rain. It never did stop raining. We had a ball!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter