Sea World Parking

ConnieB

My girls with Anthony Daniels, SW Convention 2012
We have the Silver Pass vouchers to redeem. I'm wondering if there is somewhere to "drop off" people without entering the parking lot?

I'd like to drop off my teenager and have her go redeem her voucher and get her pass. I could either wait...or circle around if waiting isn't allowed. Since her pass will include parking, then we'd be able to not pay for parking.

Will this work?

The booth to pay for parking is quite a ways away from the entrance. I can't think of any place you would drop her off that would still be a close walk.

My guess would be that you would pay for parking to get in, then once the Silver pass was purchased, you could get a refund for your parking right inside the park at customer service.

The booth to pay for parking is quite a ways away from the entrance. I can't think of any place you would drop her off that would still be a close walk.

My guess would be that you would pay for parking to get in, then once the Silver pass was purchased, you could get a refund for your parking right inside the park at customer service.

Their website says that they don't give refunds for parking....they expect everyone buying online to pay for the first day parking. I'd like to not do that, obviously.

There must be somewhere to drop off people when the driver isn't staying isn't there? Disney has one, and every other amusement park I've been to has a no parking area for pick up and drop off only.

If no one knows where it is, then I guess I'll just pull up to the parking area and find out from them....I just prefer to know in advance what I'm doing, lol.

We did this last year, if their policies haven't changed, you just need to show the voucher and they'll let you park for free on the first day. Also, you can redeem the vouchers all at once at the kiosks out front, so one person can do all of them. Don't forget, once you're in the park, show your AP to get 10% off all food purchases and non-clearance store purchases (the clearance store is over by the tide pools). :)

We did this last year, if their policies haven't changed, you just need to show the voucher and they'll let you park for free on the first day. Also, you can redeem the vouchers all at once at the kiosks out front, so one person can do all of them. Don't forget, once you're in the park, show your AP to get 10% off all food purchases and non-clearance store purchases (the clearance store is over by the tide pools). :)

I guess I can try this first, lol....but their website speaks of parking being after the first visit. It sure would seem easier to do it this way though!

We intend to use the AP discount first thing, because we're going to try the dining plan.

I think I used the eticket to cover parking last year. Can't remember I could've had a pass that wasn't expired.

It's a very, very long way from the parking booth to the entrance. I've never dropped anyone off.

Not sure if SeaWorld will be doing this promo again this summer. We did it a couple of times last summer. Hope it's on again tho.

With your AP you could buy $100 of SW bucks, they were packaged 20 x $5 cards. This cost $80 so you were up $20. You could use these bucks to buy the dine all day deal combined with your AP price.

There were 3 of us, the dining plan was approx $90 and we still had $10 left all for the initial price of $80.

For us it was well worth it to use the dining plan, there was me, ds13 & ds friend 13 so they were never hungry.

I
Not sure if SeaWorld will be doing this promo again this summer. We did it a couple of times last summer. Hope it's on again tho.

With your AP you could buy $100 of SW bucks, they were packaged 20 x $5 cards. This cost $80 so you were up $20. You could use these bucks to buy the dine all day deal combined with your AP price.

Where do you buy SW bucks? Sounds like that would be a great strategy for souveniors too....do you get the merchandise discount if you use the SW bucks? Sounds like double dipping, lol.

We leave in less than 12 hours! :banana:

The SW bucks (maybe not the correct name but close) was a promo inside the park last summer. Since we only get to go in August I don't know if it's on now.
You can ask when you are redemming your AP or buying the dining plan.

Enjoy.

I guess I can try this first, lol....but their website speaks of parking being after the first visit. It sure would seem easier to do it this way though!

We intend to use the AP discount first thing, because we're going to try the dining plan.

I went back and looked at the website and the parking after first visit only applies if you buy the annual pass at the park that day, so as long as you buy your voucher in advance and show it at the parking booth, you're fine!

Here's the exact verbiage:

Free general parking. Annual Passes purchased at the park, free parking starts after first visit.​

I think I used the eticket to cover parking last year. Can't remember I could've had a pass that wasn't expired.

It's a very, very long way from the parking booth to the entrance. I've never dropped anyone off.

There were 3 of us, the dining plan was approx $90 and we still had $10 left all for the initial price of $80.

For us it was well worth it to use the dining plan, there was me, ds13 & ds friend 13 so they were never hungry.

Wow! I totally have missed those every time we've been! Where did they sell the the SW Bucks?

We got the bucks at either customer service or close to it before you go thru the gates. I think we were exchanging our etickets for the actual ticket and saw a sign for the bucks.
I think too they sold them at the dining plan kiosk at the front of the park.

Hope they will be doing this same promo this summer as I really thought they were a great deal and kept my money inside SW.

We got the bucks at either customer service or close to it before you go thru the gates. I think we were exchanging our etickets for the actual ticket and saw a sign for the bucks.
I think too they sold them at the dining plan kiosk at the front of the park.

Hope they will be doing this same promo this summer as I really thought they were a great deal and kept my money inside SW.

Thanks! I'll keep my eye out for them. We're headed there for a couple of days on our way to Disneyland next month and will easily spend $100 during that time.

Hi Starshine!

I was just posting on another board about refillable popcorn and drinks. You can reuse the cups and bucket throughout your visit (you can even save them to bring back another time-I still have mine from years ago;)).

The last time we used them you could get popcorn or cotton candy refills in your popcorn bucket and soda or frozen lemonade refills in your drink cup. I would bring along a few ziplocs to put the popcorn and/or cotton candy in so you can switch back and forth. Water bottles (when empty) would be good for putting soda in as well. This way you could get one refillable soda and one bucket for the whole family.

SW doesn't allow any cups with removable lids or straws. I seem to always forget this and have to throw my nice styrofoam Sam's Club cup away at the entrance.:laughing:

Those SW sound like a great deal! Can you post back after you can and let us know if they still offer them. Also, what the current cost is on the refillables? I think the popcorn was like $4 and then about 1.50 for refills and the sodas are around $7-9, refills under $2 for soda and a little more for frozen lemonades. I think it's time DD11 and I went back to SW for a visit. We miss it!

Hi Starshine!

I was just posting on another board about refillable popcorn and drinks. You can reuse the cups and bucket throughout your visit (you can even save them to bring back another time-I still have mine from years ago;)).

The last time we used them you could get popcorn or cotton candy refills in your popcorn bucket and soda or frozen lemonade refills in your drink cup. I would bring along a few ziplocs to put the popcorn and/or cotton candy in so you can switch back and forth. Water bottles (when empty) would be good for putting soda in as well. This way you could get one refillable soda and one bucket for the whole family.

SW doesn't allow any cups with removable lids or straws. I seem to always forget this and have to throw my nice styrofoam Sam's Club cup away at the entrance.:laughing:

Those SW sound like a great deal! Can you post back after you can and let us know if they still offer them. Also, what the current cost is on the refillables? I think the popcorn was like $4 and then about 1.50 for refills and the sodas are around $7-9, refills under $2 for soda and a little more for frozen lemonades. I think it's time DD11 and I went back to SW for a visit. We miss it!

I totally forgot to look for SW Bucks when I was there! The popcorn was originally $5 for the bucket (well, maybe $4.95 or something, but in effect $5. We brought our bucket from last trip (if you do this, remember to bring the lid - that's how they tell if you've already paid for the original bucket at some of the larger snack places. Or, if you forget it, get refills at the carts instead) and refills were $2. The refillable cups varied in price, I think the original ones were still $7.99 - $10.99 (we brought our old one this time around) and soda refills were still $0.99. If you have an annual pass, then you get 10% off refills, too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter