• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Sea World special programs, has anyone...?

crazyme5kids

DIS Veteran
Has anyone or does anyone know someone who has done the Animal care experience or the Trainer for a Day programs? What were they like? Was it worth the money? I am thinking about sending 3 teens on one of them, so I really want to see what people thought, it is so expensive. Anyone?

My daughter went on the "Camp SeaWorld" courses about 3 years ago ( age 14) she had a great time and really enjoyed it. At the time it was a 4 night/5day course it also included her food and accommodation ( 2 nights dormed in a local hotel with other kids on the course and 2 nights "sleepovers" in SW itself. They had one night in the Shark building, and one in Wild Arctic , but they also use the underwater viewing at the Manatees and Dolphins.
I think at the time it was $500 per person but I think now it has risen to $750. I think this has taken these courses from "fair value" and placed them at "expensive but still probably worthwhile for someone wanting to persue a career in this field" .
She did have a great time ( even if she did return with a "Texan Drawl" after 5 days !!! :rolleyes: ) It's a lot of money for 3 of them :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter