Seahorse Snorkel Adventure at CC?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
Hi all,

Just got my cruise excursion form for our upcoming 4 day cruise and noticed a new excursion at castaway cay. It's called the seahorse shorkel adventure. Has anyone done this? Is it worth it? ($49 for the excursion)

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
Just got back a couple of weeks ago and did this excursion. We generally liked it and it was a perfect 1st snorkel for our DD12. However, the current was too rough for our DS6 and just about all the other kids under 8. If you have done a lot of snorkeling, or have been to really good dive/snorkel sites you will find this one boring, as the reef was only about 6 to 20 feet with sandy flats on either side - not great for seeing really BIG fish. On the other hand, if it is your first or second time snorkeling it would not be intimidating. We did the morning excursion...I would not do morning again because we missed all the good photo ops on CC.
Any more questions...just ask.

Jennifer :sunny:

Thanks, Jennifer.

I am a strong swimmer who has only been snorkeling a couple of times (both at CC, the snorkel course) and am looking for something a little more interesting to see. I've never been to a really good site, is it any better than what you see on the normal snorkel course? We are cruising on the NYE wonder cruise so would probably do the afternoon one as it's likely to be a little warmer.

Thanks again,
Lisa

Lisa,

I overplanned CC day so didn't have a chance to try snorkel course, but I would think seahorse snorkel is much better than the course unless you were lucky enough to be one of the first ones out in the water - the visibility did not look good to me when I ventured over to family beach in the mid afternoon...just too many people in the water. We saw lots of colorful fish (just not the great amount or as many varieties as you would find at a really great site) and a few people in our group saw a ray, also the visibility remained great throughout the snorkel. The crew was very professional and the boat was nice and had bathrooms.

hope this helps,
jennifer:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter