Seasonal Hollywood and Vine

disneyfantotheend

DIS Veteran
How many years has H&V been doing the seasonal Character meals? I know nothing is ever guaranteed, but I am trying to figure if we should book it for our December trip. We do not have small kids, so we have no interest, if it would be Disney Jr characters. Our goal this trip is all new restaurants and the only other one we have not done at DHS is Brown Derby.

It's been Minnie's Christmas dinner for just a few years. Maybe 3? We've been twice and enjoyed it. You can book it and cancel if they change the theme/characters and it doesn't appeal to your family any more.

It looks like Minnie and Friends is only dinner, still Disney Jr in the morning, and it is seasonal so you should get Christmas outfits. We have it booked for dinner in June and it is a beach party.

From Disney's website:

Minnie’s Seasonal Dining
Mingle with Minnie and her friends at delightful dining parties throughout the year.

You’re invited! Meet Minnie and some of her famous pals for lunch and dinner celebrations serving up seasonal deliciousness. Guests can pose for pics with popular Disney Characters, say “hi” to those stopping by and engage in table activities geared to the theme. Plus, the party gifts make great souvenirs!

Minnie’s Seasonal Dining events cost $50 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Some dining plans accepted.

Don't miss your chance to attend the following events:

Springtime Dine
March 12, 2018 – June 3, 2018
Shake off winter’s chill with a divine dinner party that marks the bright and beautiful delights of spring!

Summertime Dine
June 4, 2018 – September 2, 2018
Head to Hollywood & Vine for a beach-inspired bash celebrating the sizzle of summer!

Halloween Dine
September 3, 2018 – November 8, 2018
Visit Minnie’s favorite happy haunt for a spooktacular Halloween feast that’s frightfully delightful.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!

Reservations at Hollywood & Vine are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit. Please note: All Character appearances are subject to change.

Show Less

From Disney's website:

Minnie’s Seasonal Dining
Mingle with Minnie and her friends at delightful dining parties throughout the year.

You’re invited! Meet Minnie and some of her famous pals for lunch and dinner celebrations serving up seasonal deliciousness. Guests can pose for pics with popular Disney Characters, say “hi” to those stopping by and engage in table activities geared to the theme. Plus, the party gifts make great souvenirs!

Minnie’s Seasonal Dining events cost $50 per adult and $30 per child, plus tax and gratuity. Some dining plans accepted.

Don't miss your chance to attend the following events:

Springtime Dine
March 12, 2018 – June 3, 2018
Shake off winter’s chill with a divine dinner party that marks the bright and beautiful delights of spring!

Summertime Dine
June 4, 2018 – September 2, 2018
Head to Hollywood & Vine for a beach-inspired bash celebrating the sizzle of summer!

Halloween Dine
September 3, 2018 – November 8, 2018
Visit Minnie’s favorite happy haunt for a spooktacular Halloween feast that’s frightfully delightful.

Holiday Dine
November 9, 2018 - January 6, 2019
Deck the halls at a dazzling dinner party filled with holiday cheer and the joy of the season!

Reservations at Hollywood & Vine are highly recommended and can be made up to 180 days prior to your visit. Please note: All Character appearances are subject to change.

Show Less

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/fantasmic-dining-package/
I have an ADR for 4:25 with the fantasmic dining package. Im trying to plan the evening and curious how much time we will have between meal and show? Should we plan on eating around 5 and being there till 7 seeing characters then head to the theatre? Will we be done so early that I should plan to go back into work the park and kill time? If the show is at 8- And we have vip passes- can we arrive at 7:45? Thanks for any tips. First time visitor

If your ADR is at 4:25 what do you plan to do between then and 5:00 ?
You will definitely be done in time to be back in the park long before 8.
I would arrive at least 30 minutes early

I have an ADR for 4:25 with the fantasmic dining package. Im trying to plan the evening and curious how much time we will have between meal and show? Should we plan on eating around 5 and being there till 7 seeing characters then head to the theatre? Will we be done so early that I should plan to go back into work the park and kill time? If the show is at 8- And we have vip passes- can we arrive at 7:45? Thanks for any tips. First time visitor
I’m curious too. We have a 4:10. I figured we would have a little time between the dinner ending and needing to get in line for the 8pm Fantasmic dinner package section, but not sure if is quite enough time to really do anything...

I’m curious too. We have a 4:10. I figured we would have a little time between the dinner ending and needing to get in line for the 8pm Fantasmic dinner package section, but not sure if is quite enough time to really do anything...

In my experience, H & V sometimes runs behind but nothing TOO terrible. I would say you might wait 15 - 20 minutes...or you could be seating right away. There's no way of telling. I'd leave a comfortable 1 1/2 hours for dining and meeting characters. I would get to Fantasmic! 30 - 45 minutes ahead of the show. Even with FP or Dining Pkgs, you'll find a seat if you arrive later...but if WHERE you find that seat is important to you, I'd arrive 30 - 45 min early. If there's time to kill in between dinner and Fantasmic!, I'd do One Man's Dream (museum / Disney exhibit experience in a 'theatre-looking' building on the way to TSMM). You can set your own pace in there and spend as much or as little time as you want. Just my 2 cents!

Is it Minnie and Mickey at lunch? We have the fantasmic package with a lunch and it is called the seasonal dine so I assumed it was them in their Christmas attire.

Is it Minnie and Mickey at lunch? We have the fantasmic package with a lunch and it is called the seasonal dine so I assumed it was them in their Christmas attire.
It’s called “Minnie and friends” for lunch and dinner so Mickey wouldn’t be a guarantee but I’ve seen pictures of him there. If you are going on or after Nov 9, it’s christmas attire. Before that is Halloween.

In my experience, H & V sometimes runs behind but nothing TOO terrible. I would say you might wait 15 - 20 minutes...or you could be seating right away. There's no way of telling. I'd leave a comfortable 1 1/2 hours for dining and meeting characters. I would get to Fantasmic! 30 - 45 minutes ahead of the show. Even with FP or Dining Pkgs, you'll find a seat if you arrive later...but if WHERE you find that seat is important to you, I'd arrive 30 - 45 min early. If there's time to kill in between dinner and Fantasmic!, I'd do One Man's Dream (museum / Disney exhibit experience in a 'theatre-looking' building on the way to TSMM). You can set your own pace in there and spend as much or as little time as you want. Just my 2 cents!
Thanks for the advice! This is great for planning our rough itinerary!

It’s called “Minnie and friends” for lunch and dinner so Mickey wouldn’t be a guarantee but I’ve seen pictures of him there. If you are going on or after Nov 9, it’s christmas attire. Before that is Halloween.
I know they say no character is guaranteed except the one in the meal name (here, Minnie) but Mickey has been there the last two Christmas seasons we have gone

If your ADR is at 4:25 what do you plan to do between then and 5:00 ?
You will definitely be done in time to be back in the park long before 8.
I would arrive at least 30 minutes early
I just said between 4:25 and 5 meaning while we wait to be seated if we don't get seated right away. I've read that you can still wait even with a reservation.
Is it just a short walk between the theatre for Fantasmic and H&V?

I just said between 4:25 and 5 meaning while we wait to be seated if we don't get seated right away. I've read that you can still wait even with a reservation.
Is it just a short walk between the theatre for Fantasmic and H&V?
It is not very close to the theater but not super far away either. About a 10 minute walk, but in our experience it usually ends up taking us 20-25 minutes because we stop to buy glow things and drop off the stroller and use restrooms before the show.

It is not very close to the theater but not super far away either. About a 10 minute walk, but in our experience it usually ends up taking us 20-25 minutes because we stop to buy glow things and drop off the stroller and use restrooms before the show.
Ok perfect.Thank you for the info!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter