Seaworld hotels

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of starting our next vacation with 3 days at sea world/ aquatica. What hotel would you recommend? It'll be me, DH and DD age 7. We would then transfer to SSR ..or should we just stay at SSR and use the lynx bus to sea world? Thank you!

We are thinking of starting our next vacation with 3 days at sea world/ aquatica. What hotel would you recommend? It'll be me, DH and DD age 7. We would then transfer to SSR ..or should we just stay at SSR and use the lynx bus to sea world? Thank you!
Marriott’s Cypress Harbour is very close to Sea World. Nice, roomy accommodations - a timeshare property rather than a hotel.

If you are planning to be there at park opening, staying closer to Sea World is best compared to busing over.

Just got back from a stay at the newly renovated Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. I like this property a lot (breakfast is included, spacious rooms including kitchenette, nice pool and hot tub area, and food option onsite). The only possible negative really is that they have a lot of rooms and just two elevators, so sometimes the hike to the elevator is a little far (consideration especially if anyone has mobility issues). Being a SeaWorld partner hotel you get quick queues (one time fastpass) for each coaster, simulator attraction at the park too. Just stop at the ticket desk the night before. They have shuttles to the very close by parks, but we just took ubers over to do everything on our own time (really inexpensive) due to short distance for convenience. I'd happily stay here again.

Other great partner hotel choices (but these don't include breakfast) are Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld, Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, and the Renaissance Hotel SeaWorld. These three all have shuttles too, but you can actually walk to the SeaWorld park. They offer that quick queue deal too, as they are SeaWorld partner hotels. I've stayed at all three of these too and really like them. The Hilton Grand Vacation club is a condo with a real luxury feel - stunning pool and hot tub area. If I was staying an entire week, this would be my pick. The Renaissance is a four star hotel with stunning lobby, stunning pool areas (adult pool with cushy loungers and water park type area for kids) with luxuries like heated towels. I don't usually do four star hotels, though, as there are usually extra charges for parking, internet, and food prices are super high which is true here at the Renaissance, but the place is lovely if you are looking for four star luxury. The Hilton Garden Inn just has double beds, but is a really cute fun friendly property that I have stayed at more than once. It's typically a really economical choice too. All of these offer the quick queue passes too as SeaWorld hotels.

I'd probably in your shoes pick my new favorite at the moment for short SeaWorld stays, the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. It has everything we need for a short stay with the added advantages of extra space and breakfast (I'm into comfort and convenience when it works for my budget these days). The pool and hot tub area totally satisfy my kids too. Pre uber, I picked the others to be walking distance to SeaWorld, but these days a quick uber is a super convenient and relatively inexpensive and means being walking distance is not that big a deal. This property is maybe a mile or so away.

Staying at SSR and going over or staying at a SeaWorld hotel first?? I hate to pay the premium for Disney hotels when not going to Disney (SeaWorld hotels are really lovely and a great value for the dollar). But I also these days really like not moving staying put and an uber from Disney to the SeaWorld places isn't that bad. Not sure which I would actually do in your shoes. The rate I was paying at Disney vs. the rate I'd be paying for my place near SeaWorld would probably influence my decision for that particular choice. The quick queue perk while nice is not really necessary IMHO. I think taking the lynx bus would take too long and be too inconvenient (convenience and getting to parks quickly and easily is a big deal to me on vacation) and if staying an SSR, I'd fork over and do the super convenient uber or lyft ride over, which would be little more expensive because of the distance, but something that I'd include in my vacation budget if I wanted to stay put at the same hotel the entire time.

Last edited:
Just got back from a stay at the newly renovated Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. I like this property a lot (breakfast is included, spacious rooms including kitchenette, nice pool and hot tub area, and food option onsite). The only possible negative really is that they have a lot of rooms and just two elevators, so sometimes the hike to the elevator is a little far (consideration especially if anyone has mobility issues). Being a SeaWorld partner hotel you get quick queues (one time fastpass) for each coaster, simulator attraction at the park too. Just stop at the ticket desk the night before. They have shuttles to the very close by parks, but we just took ubers over to do everything on our own time (really inexpensive) due to short distance for convenience. I'd happily stay here again.

Other great partner hotel choices (but these don't include breakfast) are Hilton Grand Vacation Club SeaWorld, Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld, and the Renaissance Hotel SeaWorld. These three all have shuttles too, but you can actually walk to the SeaWorld park. They offer that quick queue deal too, as they are SeaWorld partner hotels. I've stayed at all three of these too and really like them. The Hilton Grand Vacation club is a condo with a real luxury feel - stunning pool and hot tub area. If I was staying an entire week, this would be my pick. The Renaissance is a four star hotel with stunning lobby, stunning pool areas (adult pool with cushy loungers and water park type area for kids) with luxuries like heated towels. I don't usually do four star hotels, though, as there are usually extra charges for parking, internet, and food prices are super high which is true here at the Renaissance, but the place is lovely if you are looking for four star luxury. The Hilton Garden Inn just has double beds, but is a really cute fun friendly property that I have stayed at more than once. It's typically a really economical choice too. All of these offer the quick queue passes too as SeaWorld hotels.

I'd probably in your shoes pick my new favorite at the moment for short SeaWorld stays, the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld. It has everything we need for a short stay with the added advantages of extra space and breakfast (I'm into comfort and convenience when it works for my budget these days). The pool and hot tub area totally satisfy my kids too. Pre uber, I picked the others to be walking distance to SeaWorld, but these days a quick uber is a super convenient and relatively inexpensive and means being walking distance is not that big a deal. This property is maybe a mile or so away.

Staying at SSR and going over or staying at a SeaWorld hotel first?? I hate to pay the premium for Disney hotels when not going to Disney (SeaWorld hotels are really lovely and a great value for the dollar). But I also these days really like not moving staying put and an uber from Disney to the SeaWorld places isn't that bad. Not sure which I would actually do in your shoes. The rate I was paying at Disney vs. the rate I'd be paying for my place near SeaWorld would probably influence my decision for that particular choice. The quick queue perk while nice is not really necessary IMHO. I think taking the lynx bus would take too long and be too inconvenient (convenience and getting to parks quickly and easily is a big deal to me on vacation) and if staying an SSR, I'd fork over and do the super convenient uber or lyft ride over, which would be little more expensive because of the distance, but something that I'd include in my vacation budget if I wanted to stay put at the same hotel the entire time.
This all looks great. The only issue I am having is that DH enjoys eating out on vacation (usually dinner) and it doesn't look like we'd have any options in this case, which is why SSR appeals to us with the proximity to DS.

This all looks great. The only issue I am having is that DH enjoys eating out on vacation (usually dinner) and it doesn't look like we'd have any options in this case, which is why SSR appeals to us with the proximity to DS.

With the exception of eating at SeaWorld or at your hotel/condo, as you have observed there isn't much in the way of eating options walking distance. If you are like us, after a busy theme park day it's nice to have something right close by vs. needing to travel to go to dinner. We when staying at SeaWorld hotels we usually just have dinner at our hotel (option at the Marriott and Hilton properties and we thought the food was good at both the Marriott Residence Inn and Hilton properties) or we eat at the park we are at. That was fine for us and we were actually quite happy with hotel selections. If you are looking for more selection than that for those few days and don't have any issue with the cost of SSR, just staying put there would certainly work. If you are willing to do uber or lyft to the parks or have your own car, I've never found the distance between Disney Springs and the SeaWorld area bad at all. We went to Disney Springs one afternoon on our last trip when staying by SeaWorld, and it was easy to get over there.

We just booked a trip on there website. They have a promo kids are free with each adult. We got 5 days admission everyday, all you can done every day for under 1000. I think the stay is at one of the partner hotel. It was a little more for the official hotel but you get priority seating free. You should check there first.

Holiday Inn Express Suites Seaworld is very new, had spacious rooms, and includes free shuttle to parks and quick queue for everyone in your party.
Also includes free breakfast and access to 2 pools. Highly recommend it.

Holiday Inn Express Suites Seaworld is very new, had spacious rooms, and includes free shuttle to parks and quick queue for everyone in your party.
Also includes free breakfast and access to 2 pools. Highly recommend it.
Cool. Can you walk to sea world from.there?

Cool. Can you walk to sea world from.there?
Not realistically, it’s on the back side of the park. Mako and Kraken are literally across the street. It’s so close, but there’s not a back gate that I’m aware of...

Aquatica is sort of walkable, though.

We stayed at Renaissance one year and it was an extremely nice hotel. Walk to SW but had to drive to Aquatica. There are 2 other hotels on either side that are walking distance I think. We are currently booked at the Double Tree for our trip this Summer. We are not planning to spend much time at the hotel though other than maybe a quick jump in the pool. We are staying there to store our stuff, sleep, and shower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter