Seaworld trip report

Mary Diehl

DIS Veteran
Our family spent a nice day at Seaworld on Tuesday 6/24. Was VERY hot though. Bought our tickets on line to save the 20%. No problems and lady just looked at them, scanned them and said "Have a nice day". My family was nervous that they wouldn't work. Also, we stayed at the RPR and when my husband went to concierge to get the bus schedule, they gave him 5 coupons that entitled you to free magnet picture frames. We picked these up on our way out. We didn't use RP transportation because the first bus didn't leave till 9:05 and we wanted to get there early to do Kraken and J to A. We got there around 8:45 and waited for them to drop the rope. We headed straight for Kraken and rode this about 5 times and then did J to A. Got wet and decided not to ride it again for we didn't want to walk around the park too wet all day. Did all this within the first hour with no waiting. Headed for the show at Key West Dolphin Fest @ 10:00. Got there right when it started and had to sit in the handicapped area. When they tell you to arrive 30min. early, do it. All the shows were packed by the time we arrived(5 min. early) Funny show-can't tell you why. You'll have to be surprized. Then the Penguin Encounter and to Pacific Point Preserve. The kids enjoyed hearing the seals bark. Bought two trays of fish for the seals at $5. When they say watch out for the big white birds, they mean it. Some of them stole the fish right out of my kids hand. We next did the 11:00 Shamu Adventure show. That was o.k. Alot of people sure do like to get wet/soaked!! We then headed over to the Shark Encounter area and gave our reservation # for Shark's Underwater Grille. Good we had ressies because they were turning people away saying they were totally booked for the day. They took us at 11:45(ressies were for 12:00) Had a nice booth one row over from the tank. I voiced my disappointment in my trip report on other board. We received bread while waiting for our entree. My husband got the scallops for $20(5 or 6 of them) but nothing else. No veges, salad etc. I thought that was odd. I got the seafood stir fry-which was good. My son got the tuna which was totally raw. Waitress got offended when asked to send it back to get cooked. My other two boys ate from the children's menu and did get watermelon and fries with their nuggets. The youngest did receive a paper to make a shark from and a finger game. All in all, I don't think I'd come back here for it was too expensive for what you got and our waitress was not very friendly. After we ate, we walked through the Shark Encounter and then headed for the Cyde and Seamore show at 1:00. Very good show-so funny! We leisurely walked the rest of the park and did whatever we came upon. We did, however, do the Wild Arctic and wasn't worth the 45 min. wait. Should have done this the first hour so we wouldn't of had to wait. Liked the Dolphin Cove but too many people. Kids had to wait a while before they could stand up against the wall to try and steal a touch on the dolphin. The dolphins tease you for they swim real close to your hand but not enough to actually touch them. Maybe it was different for others but we tried our hardest to touch them. Shamu icecream bars cost $2.55 if anyone's interested. Son bought a stuffed shark for $10. My husband bought me one of those Quarry Critters for $18. I'm not sure what they're made out of but they are so cute. Mine is a polar bear and a bird. It's a figurine that you'll see throughout many of the gift shops. Kids spent alot of time in the Stingray Lagoon. They liked the feel of them. Left the park at 5:00 for we were all getting cranky from the heat. It was a day well spent!!

Thanks for the report!!! We are going to Sea World in a few days and I can't wait to get away for awhile. We had reservations for the Sharks Grill but I cancelled after reading other reports on it. My husband is the only big seafood eater in the family and I didn't want to waste alot of money on me and the kids not eating much...I just thought it might be something different to do. We are Dining with Shamu tho (on my DH birthday!). I hope that it is good. I want to get some up close pictures also. Glad you had a good trip...hopefully we will also:D

Thank you for your trip report! We are staying at RPR pretty soon and I am wondering how you got to Seaworld if you did not use the bus from RPR???

Thank you again for sharing your experience with all of us!!!!

Thanks for sharing - Wonderful trip reports!!!!

We drove to Seaworld since we wanted to get there before it opened for the transportation RP provided did not. You may still want to inquire at concierge about a schedule. Maybe the times of departure will change. It costs $7 to park. I wish I could give you detailed directions on how to get there. My husband drove and used directions given by someone here on the board. Some of the names of the roads weren't remembered by this person and it got a little confusing. Just ask at concierge and I'm sure they'd be able to tell you how to get there.

Thanks for the report, this really helps with our planning for the day. Do you remember how many Shamu shows they have each day?

The schedule I have from our visit , 6/24, has Shamu Adventure Shows listed for the times of 11:00, 2:00, 3:30 & 6:15.

Great trip report! Do you think that you spent enough time in the park? We'll be at WDW in mid-Aug and are planning a trip to SW on a Monday and weren't sure how long a stay we should plan on. How crowded was it when you left? I ask because someone suggested that we go mid-day and stay until park closing. But since we'll be using the Lynx bus system, I'm not so sure that's a good idea. Not too sure how late the buses run at night. So, would you suggest getting there at opening and leaving mid-afternoon or getting there around 3 and staying late? Thanks to anyone who has a thought here.

I just know for our family that getting there early seemed to be the best. Like I said, we were able to ride Kraken several times and J to A all within the first hour without any wait. We arrived around 8:45 and got one of the first rows of parking spaces. When we left at 5:00 it was packed. Also, when we decided to do Wild Arctic (4:00) we had to wait 45 min. Shows were also packed by the time they started. We arrived about 5 min. before they started and had to either stand all the way in back or sit in the very back row. Eight hours seemed to be all we could tolerate because of the crowds and heat. We basically did everything we wanted to and did most of everything on the map.

Have to say sounds like u had a good day pity about the underwater shark grill was hoping to try it next year last year we found this park best seen over 2 days at a slower pace the kids love the play area and i love the beer school to answer the lynx bus q we used lynx last year we arrived about 9.30am left 6.00pm but this was late sept but park was still busy this park can be the best for the whole family:cool:

When we were at the HRH we took the first free shuttle to SeaWorld at 8:00. We got there before the park opened.

I wonder if the PBH would give the same coupons for the free magnets if I inquired about the transportation schedule. I guess it is worth a try.

cpl100 I got given the magnet vouchers in Nov at the tourist info desk at the Premium Outlets mall . We were also given them at our hotel (a cheap little one) so I think lots of places have them!

Zoe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter