• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

secret cabins !!

A Secret Porthole Room is just like a Category 8 Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom in terms of location, size, layout, and having a large porthole. But, because the view is partially blocked, it's priced at the lower Category 10 Deluxe Inside Stateroom price.

As other have noted, with only six such rooms on each ship, they tend to be snapped up far in advance. Largely thanks to this board the Secret Porthole Rooms aren't so secret any more.

We booked one in December for our 4/30/05 eastern. It was about $600 cheaper than a Cat. 8 which is essentialy what it is. Hope this helps. :D

Originally posted by makaylee
It was about $300 cheaper than a Cat. 9 which is essentialy what it is.
Category 9 rooms are down on decks 1 and 2. Category 8 rooms are similar, but are up on decks 5, 6, and 7. So, I think the SPRs, being on deck 5, are more like Category 8. That makes the savings even better.

Hey i think my cusin won one of the rooms on the magic, she had a buch of tanks for her view. I really didn't know that they are that popular. My cousin really did like the view but for free any is good.:earsboy:

Hi, we are sailing on 3/day cruise on the wonder may 19th 2005.
We booked with allseas and have 5522 booked.
My only slight worry is as it's an adjoining room will we be bumped if they need it and will that mean we will go back into an inside deluxe ?
Anybody any ideas?

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Specifically requested SPH 5020 back in January 2004 for my September 2004 sailing directly through Disney. My guess is that if you have a specific room you want and its available, they will give it to you. JMHO

WE booked a SPH in Oct 2003 for April 2005 and were told that there was only one left when we booked. Gotta do it early or hope someone changes their reservation. Deck 5 is the best place to be for us. The locations near the kids clubs can't be beat.

I booked 5020 about a year in advance for my Feb 2004 cruise. I just booked 5520 for my April 2005 cruise:D

I got three of them for our 4 night Wonder cruise on Oct. 9, 05. I am so thrilled, with not only having a porthole, but being so close to the kids' clubs.

Lori P. :)

:eek: We have changed our plans and will be cruising January of 2005, but it seems that is already to late to book these rooms, dear god:earseek: It really irks my husband that I would have to give $1000 so far in advance and have Disney reap the interest, instead of leaving the money in our own interest bearing accounts:earseek: , me, I'm just happy to get the room !

We got 5522 for our cruise last August at about 10 months out from our sail date. We were originally booked in a Category 11 but we decided to upgrade. I called DCL and asked specifically for one of those rooms on Deck 5 and we lucked out.

Our experience with the SPH was in March 2002 booked it through a TA for June 2003. She thought we were nuts to book it so far out. We got the last one so the TA decided we knew what we were doing. While onboard June 2003 we tried to book the Oct 2 2004 sailing to Antigua. No luck so we're going with a cat 9.

I called my TA 2 years in advance and told her we wanted adjoining spr. She called DIS. and they told her just to fax all our info and when they open those dates they would go down the list and if we got them they would let us know. Well we are booked for the Aug. 28, 2005 cruise in 2 ADJOINING SECRET PORTHOLE ROOMS!!!:sunny: :sunny:

I just booked secret porthole room 5520 through Dreams Unlimited for the April 28 2005 3 day cruise. I can't wait! I hope I won't be disappointed.

Kelly

Originally posted by cruisedis05
Well we are booked for the Aug. 28, 2005 cruise in 2 ADJOINING SECRET PORTHOLE ROOMS!!!:
Congratulations!

Just a bit of advice...

"Adjoining" means adjacent (situated next to or touching something or each other). Families that want a pair of staterooms with a connecting door between them should ask for connecting staterooms, not just adjoining staterooms.

:D Those are my photos from this Feb... I booked the same room location, but starboard side (5520) for April of 2005. :Pinkbounc

Hey Kelly! I'm in 5520 on May 1st....I bet you leave the same day I come!

I'd like to know what cat. the room would have been if the porthole wasn't obstructed??

holly

Originally posted by Kelly&John
I just booked secret porthole room 5520 through Dreams Unlimited for the April 28 2005 3 day cruise. I can't wait! I hope I won't be disappointed.

Kelly

Originally posted by hmneal
I'd like to know what cat. the room would have been if the porthole wasn't obstructed??
The other forward staterooms on Deck 5 are Category 8 (deluxe oceanview). The SPR rooms are the same size, with the same layout, and along the same hallways.

We've booked 5024 for April 2, 2005 - I see there are others going in April 2005. Anybody else on the same cruise??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter