• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Secret Places to get away from the Kids?

pammy1027

Mouseketeer
My first trip ever to Disney will be in January (I'm 39 years old). We will be travelling with no kids and I'm wondering if there is anyplace we will be able to get away from all the kids we'll be around all day long at the parks?? No offense to anyone who has children, but it's my vacation and I'd like a little Adult time as well outside the hotel room...

Thanks in advance for your help!

Since you said we I assume you're going with a significant other? If so, I'd suggest reading one of the many guides out there geared towards couples at Disney. My DH and I made several trips before we had kids and there's plenty of romantic and pretty places for adults. Disney doesn't forget that adults are the ones paying the bill ;)

Off the top of my head, I would suggest really exploring the World Showcase at Epcot. There are beautiful gardens and benches off the beaten path that are very relaxing. I don't know where you're staying, but every Disney resort we've stayed at has its own quiet spots.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

You can go to Pleasure Island at night if you're looking for some adult entertainment. There's also Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk. Dinner at Victoria & Albert's is usually free from kids. The deluxe resorts have bars, where you will only encounter adults.

Thank you very much for the input and suggestions! I'm printing out everything as my first trip is only 2 weeks away and I'm clueless except for this message board.....

Happy New Year :D

If you want to get away from EVERYONE, park at DTD. Walk across the street to Team Disney. It's a Disney business office, but they allow guests into the atrium which is also the world's largest sundial. I used to go there to get away from it all when I was on the College Program. They also have a large "cement pond" out back where there are usually ducks ready to be fed, and I've never seen a single other person there. There is even a wooded area nearby, and I believe a natural pond as well if you're up for a little bit of a walk.

Intermediate hotels and higher have lots of great places to get away as well.

Check out the various trails in AK in early AM during these times everyone is rushing to the Safari/or Rapids ride . The trails are quiet and in the AM the animals are very active (great photo-op). This is our favorite park to use EMH and we do it just to enjoy the animals.

A great place to people watch is the trail that leads to the International Gateway just past England in Epcot, there is plenty of shade and benches and it is a great place to enjoy a cool drink and a little peace.

I know this may be heresy on a disney board, but City Walk at Universal has a more adult atmosphere than any place in disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter