Secrets to DW

HaleyB said:
Any Fast Pass disconnect tips for WDW?
I don't think there are any official Fast Pass disconnects other than Lights, Motors (show at MGM Studios). You can get a Fast Pass there about 5 minutes before or after (not both) getting a Fast Pass for something else.

But (at least as of 2004) you could get a Fast Pass for some not so busy rides before the next-fetch time on your previous Fast Pass. This is not really predictable.

Disney secrets:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disscav.htm

Great tips, bumping! :bounce:

My tip is to get to shows early, you never know they may choose you to be the star! My DD's had to welcome tarzen with an arrgggh and I steered the ship at the backlot tour and got a soaking!

I just noticed this thread goes back to 2001 which was before our last trip when our son was 4 and now he is 7 1/2!!!! We missed so much magic just by not being on the DIS back then!!! So happy to be apart of it now!!

I'm new to this, so this may be old news to you guys, but I thought I'd share anyway. If you have little ones who are too short (or even bigger kids who are a little too nervous) to ride the 3 mountains, you can get special "future ____" certificates (suitable for framing) for free at these rides in the Magic Kingdom. For example, at Splash Mountain, they will give you a Splash Mountaineer certificate, which shows brer fox and brer bear and brer rabbit on it, and states that the bearer of the certificate is entitled to go to the front of the line when he or she is big enough.

I had never heard of them until we discovered these a few years ago when my then 5 year old son found out he was just a tad too short for Space Mountain. He started to bawl his eyes out, the cast member asked us to wat a second, opened up her kiosk, and produced the magic certificate, signed by the big mouse himself, and filled in my son's name on it These certificates are really nice, and make great souveniers -- we've never been able to bring ourselves to part with on by using it as a front-of-the-line pass. But you do have to ask the CM for it, they don't seem to just volunteer them!

Hey Mickey said:
I'm new to this, so this may be old news to you guys, but I thought I'd share anyway. If you have little ones who are too short (or even bigger kids who are a little too nervous) to ride the 3 mountains, you can get special "future ____" certificates (suitable for framing) for free at these rides in the Magic Kingdom. For example, at Splash Mountain, they will give you a Splash Mountaineer certificate, which shows brer fox and brer bear and brer rabbit on it, and states that the bearer of the certificate is entitled to go to the front of the line when he or she is big enough.

I had never heard of them until we discovered these a few years ago when my then 5 year old son found out he was just a tad too short for Space Mountain. He started to bawl his eyes out, the cast member asked us to wat a second, opened up her kiosk, and produced the magic certificate, signed by the big mouse himself, and filled in my son's name on it These certificates are really nice, and make great souveniers -- we've never been able to bring ourselves to part with on by using it as a front-of-the-line pass. But you do have to ask the CM for it, they don't seem to just volunteer them!

That's such a great tip! I had never heard of this. Granted, our son is tall enough to ride everything at DW now, but it's cool to know that they do this! Thank you Hey Mickey! :wave:

Just so you know, even if the child is technically tall enough to ride, they will still give him a certificate if you ask.

When you go to the Disney resorts and tell them your child is celebrating a birthday they deliver balloons and a card with there favorite character to the room / Campsite :) they also sell little birthday cakes too. We have been for 2 of my ds's birthdays and they loved the suprise . (I am not sure if it was mentioned I am a little overwhelmed by all the great tips ;))

...on our last trip our son encountered one of the trained squirrels (over by Honey I Shrunk The Kids in Epcot. The squirrel freaked me out as he was about to climb on his leg.... of course, it was not until afterwards that I discovered that he was a cast member too and not an everyday squirrel. Hope to see him again in a couple of weeks....:thumbsup2

...on our last trip our son encountered one of the trained squirrels (over by Honey I Shrunk The Kids in Epcot. The squirrel freaked me out as he was about to climb on his leg.... of course, it was not until afterwards that I discovered that he was a cast member too and not an everyday squirrel. Hope to see him again in a couple of weeks....:thumbsup2

Those squirels freaked us out a couple of weeks ago. We were sitting on a bench eating a snack outside of Honey I Shrunk the Kids and this squirel kept coming right up next to us. I really thought he was going to jump into the stroller with my DS2. We were afraid of it, but I didn't know at the time it was a trained squirell. :rotfl:

I didn't have time to read through every page but does anyone have all the secrets/tips on one thing, like a word document?
It would make it so much easier for me to show everyone thats going on the trip in 55 days!!!
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter