Security at toy story parking lot?

thank you! I wasn't sure if the new security checkpoint at TS prevents people from walking in.

It wasn’t open today when I arrived at 12:30
I’m also very glad I got to the park when I did. My friends that arrived after me took over an hour to park because the structure and toy story both closed off
Yeah, I had a friend live-posting to IG; it took her 2 hours and 15 minutes from when she got off the 5 to when she entered the park. She only stuck it out because she had two Festival of Holidays tabs left and didn’t want to no-show on a Flex rez.

We went yesterday and parked at TS also. We were leaving about 3 and OMG that line to get in was a nightmare. But the security in the lot was not running and everything was normal (except for the giant line). I think ALL the locals remembered they still had Festival tabs to use. :) We had some to use up also but we got there at 8 and getting in was smooth and easy.

We went yesterday and parked at TS also. We were leaving about 3 and OMG that line to get in was a nightmare. But the security in the lot was not running and everything was normal (except for the giant line). I think ALL the locals remembered they still had Festival tabs to use. :) We had some to use up also but we got there at 8 and getting in was smooth and easy.
LOL yep! I originally wasn't going to come until 2. But I was excited and wanted to go earlier, so I came at 12:30. It was much busier than normal, but thankfully there were still spots left. Since it was so busy at Toy Story, I thought the Harbor entrance would be packed, but it wasn't. Walked right up, got my bag check, and went in.

I can share my experience with this. I arrived 12/28 at my hotel / lodging, and my first day for Disneyland is 12/29. I went on 12/28 night time to exchange paper voucher for actual Disneyland tickets. On 12/28 night time, TS parking lot wasn't doing security, and after arriving Disneyland by Toy Story Shuttle buses, I too was wondering the same thing, if we would have to do double security, because it looked wide open at the drop off point to the Harbor security entrance point.

On 12/29 early morning, they did security checks before you can get on the bus. They moved the pick-up location from Woody down further (I didn't pay attention to what the name of the lot there is). That was the only place they were picking up from, so you don't have a choice, to ride the shuttle you have to go thru security at Toy Story. When we arrived, there was new barricades separating the TS bus drop people from those entering from Harbor, so you can just enter without going thru security again. When we return back, they dropped us off at the security pick up location, so we had to walk a little bit further for Woody lot.

On 12/30 when we went, they didn't do security checks at TS parking lot. They herded everybody to the Woody pickup location. When we asked CM about security the day before on 12/29, he said it was just a test run to iron out the kinks, that they aren't doing it permanently yet. He said there will be another test run later that week. When we arrived at Disneyland, the barricades weren't there anymore, and we had to contend with the crowds of people entering from Harbor (and boy, was it a lot of people). Upon return, they dropped us off at Woody pickup area.

On 12/31, they ran security checks again at Toy Story parking lot. After my experience at the main security check points at Harbor entrance the day before, I much prefer the security checks at the TS parking lot, as they were a lot less people to contend with.

We went again on 01/02/2020 and 01/04/2020, and both those days, they didn't run security. So for now, it's not a permanent thing, and was told it will be as needed by CM, but that they are still in testing phase.

Great3

I’m not familiar with which parts of the lot have what names. How far is it to walk to the new security area in the lot from the Harbor entrance? We will be staying at the Homework Suites on our next trip

If they are running security at TS are there handicap parking spots close by?

On 12/31, they ran security checks again at Toy Story parking lot. After my experience at the main security check points at Harbor entrance the day before, I much prefer the security checks at the TS parking lot, as they were a lot less people to contend with.

They must not have run it for long because I parked in TS like usual on that day and they were not running security at TS when I went through. I never saw security being run the whole time I was there from 12/30 to 1/4. I could see more work being done to it, though (fencing was getting some work).

I parked in Buzz that day (12/31). I know I heard some people on the bus got parked in Bullseye when I was going back to my car around. They seemed confused how to get back to Bullseye which would make sense of they'd gotten on at a different pick up location than drop off.

I also never waited in longer than a couple people back security line once I got to Harbor so that's definitely an indicator why they weren't bothering with security at TS by the time I got there. I didn't even wait in line turnstile lines come to think of it...

I did want to experience TS security, but as I kept bring parked in Jessie and Buzz, it looked like a downright pain to get to as it's really only convenient for those parked in Woody. Maybe that's part of the puzzle? They're only running these tests while filling Woody?

Very interesting they did run it for a little bit on 12/31

We are planning on walking across the street to TS lot next month to use the shuttles. I'm trying to figure out on Google Maps where the busses pick up. We're staying at the Hilton some will be walking in that way.

They must not have run it for long because I parked in TS like usual on that day and they were not running security at TS when I went through. I never saw security being run the whole time I was there from 12/30 to 1/4. I could see more work being done to it, though (fencing was getting some work).

I parked in Buzz that day (12/31). I know I heard some people on the bus got parked in Bullseye when I was going back to my car around. They seemed confused how to get back to Bullseye which would make sense of they'd gotten on at a different pick up location than drop off.

I also never waited in longer than a couple people back security line once I got to Harbor so that's definitely an indicator why they weren't bothering with security at TS by the time I got there. I didn't even wait in line turnstile lines come to think of it...

I did want to experience TS security, but as I kept bring parked in Jessie and Buzz, it looked like a downright pain to get to as it's really only convenient for those parked in Woody. Maybe that's part of the puzzle? They're only running these tests while filling Woody?

Very interesting they did run it for a little bit on 12/31

I pretty much rope dropped the parks almost everyday. It’s interesting they stopped doing security checked later on 12/31 that day. When we reach the TS bus drop off point, I can see the lines at Harbor Security checkpoint back up all the way back to Harbor Blvd itself, so was glad to walk straight thru to the park turnsites entrance.

Who knows what they do when, we just go with the flow and walk to where we were being directed.

Great3

Homewood Suites is as close as you can get to walk into TS parking lot. The pickup point seems to be Woody during the early mornings when they aren’t doing security (the circular turn area), or a little further down to the left of Woody pickup area nearby the fence railings when they are doing security. I think the fencing is fairly new as I don’t see it in the google satellite maps, but it’s pretty much further down the circular turn in area separating woody lot (NW side) from the lot across on NE side (Again, not sure of name of this lot).

Great3

I saw posts in the RoTR thread that TS lot has security. Is this always the case or just on busy days?

For what it’s worth, Toy Story security wasn’t running when we got there at 5:30am on 1/17 or when we left a little after 7pm. I did see reports of it running around 7am, so it did run for part of the day.

On Wednesday 1/15 around 3:30, security was not running, and bus pick-up/drop-off for Woody was where it’s always been. On 1/17, bus pick-up/drop-off was by the security area, even though it wasn’t running for us. So just an FYI that that that changes, apparently.

I’m curious about the logistics of shuttling security people over there and having it go up and down all day... and how do you get there from Buzz or Jessie?

If they are running security at TS are there handicap parking spots close by?
Yes, the whole section of spots nearby is handicap - quite a bit of it.

Thanks to everyone who replied. We were visited on 1/7-1/11. We used the buses 1/7 -1/10, no security at the toy story lot at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter