"See the Line Where the Guests Meet the Mouse? It Calls Me..." March 2017 *New Post 7/4*

Sounds reasonable to me!

Haha, thanks for the support! I have a feeling that I will be enjoying a delicious breakfast Dole Whip very soon!

Seriously! And also... let's all not forget we're at Disney... which is typically ten times better than the best day at work anyway... even in line! :laughing:

Wow, GREAT POINT! Yeah...if they don't enjoy hanging out on a vacation day with the people they chose to come on vacation with...they need to make better decisions in the future! :laughing:

TO ALL THOSE FOLLOWING ALONG...
Unfortunately, the days caught up with us and it looks like we will not be able to finish this trip report before we leave for our Walt Disney World trip TOMORROW. Upon our return, we will post our final update. For now, however, we really need to get back to packing. Thanks for reading along! See you in a week!
-Scott and Alli

Ha! Reading this reminded me of how cold that week was. You never realize it until you're seeking out the warmth of the sun, but EVERYTHING is shaded in WDW. My kids didn't complain once about being cold...but we were all DYING. I waited 45 minutes in the shade to meet Buzz Lightyear with my 4 year old son. He was happy as could be and I felt like the guy from The Revenant.

Now that it doesn't require a ton of forethought and waiting to be able to see Rivers of Light, I think people will start to enjoy it a lot more and not be so hard on it. It's a good show for children because it has a lot of the impressive effects similar to Fantasmic, but it's not scary like some of the Fantasmic scenes involving the villains.

The added transportation on park hopping days can be a bit of an annoyance. Though, I think the reason we were able to keep going and going Energizer bunny style, is that we took it easy in the afternoon and mostly sat at nice restaurants eating and relaxing!

Thanks for reading!

I'm happy to report that we did some park hopping last week and it went really well. We'll do more in November. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to AK at night. We did it during the day and Pandora was amazing but we took a midday break at the Coronado pool and never made it back out. We'll try again in November.

The other thing people do not understand is that the Fastpass queue and the standby queue are not exactly the same length in physical square footage. I realize this should be common sense and everyone reading and posting on the Disboards understands this fact, so I don’t need to explain it to you. But when we were trying to enter the Fastpass queue for BTMRR, we were just surrounded by so many people making snide comments like “ugh, is this the FASTPASS line?! The standby line is so much shorter, we should’ve just done that!” Every time I hear that I really want to say, “Ok bye, have fun with that!” Or, “Hand me $20. If you beat me out of the exit of this ride, you can have it back!”

OMG That was so my dh last week and I was so annoyed. Of course about 2 minutes after he complains, he realizes he was wrong and the fp line wasn't really long at all. Just a shorter queue so it seemed longer.

By the way, we ended up taking our food over to the seats in front of the Plaza to eat. On our next trip we want to eat at the Plaza, we never have!

We tried the Plaza Restaurant last week and I was disappointed. Don't get the reuben. I should of gotten the fried green tomato sandwich. The plaza ice cream parlor was great though. The cookie ice cream sandwiches were huge and so good.

TO ALL THOSE FOLLOWING ALONG...
Unfortunately, the days caught up with us and it looks like we will not be able to finish this trip report before we leave for our Walt Disney World trip TOMORROW. Upon our return, we will post our final update. For now, however, we really need to get back to packing. Thanks for reading along! See you in a week!
-Scott and Alli

Have a great trip! We got back Saturday and the crowds weren't bad at all last week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter