• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seeing fireworks in NYC

teller80

DIS Veteran
Hello my disboard friends! I am thinking of going to see the fireworks in NYC but we'll be staying in Jersey City. Any guesses as to how long it will take me to get back to JC?

Hello my disboard friends! I am thinking of going to see the fireworks in NYC but we'll be staying in Jersey City. Any guesses as to how long it will take me to get back to JC?

4th of July Fireworks? Looks like they are on the East River this year and not on the Hudson River. If they were on the Hudson you could stay right in Jersey City and see them. Not sure if they will be high enough to view from Jersey City since they are on the East side.

If you do go into Manhattan to the East side it could take at least an hour to get back, maybe more depending on crowds and where you wind up viewing them.

Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks 2021 – FAQs & Where to Watch (macys.com)

MJ

The barges will be on the East River this year with best viewing spots in Midtown. If you come in to NYC at 34th Street and walk up to the FDR I’d give myself 2 hours to get home (crowds). You’ll need proof of vaccination for the FDR but there are other spots with no check points in Queens, and Brooklyn.

The fireworks are returning to Jersey City this year, too. They will be over the Hudson by the famous Grucci family who does some of the most spectacular fireworks. :flower1:

https://jerseycitynj.gov/news/jerseycitysjuly4thfireworkswillreturnfor2021

As for your question, I don't know. I've never left the city on the 4th. We can see the Hudson River fireworks from my apartment window. :teeth:

MY pic from my window below. ⬇
(The fireworks look low because I'm in a high-rise.)

MyFireworks.jpg

You'd probably be taking a bus back via Port Authority at 8th Ave & 42nd St. So, however long it takes you to get across town, plus the wait for a bus. Taxis crossing state lines will automatically double the fare, plus you'd have to pay for the $18(?) tunnel toll for the cab driver to return to NYC, as well as tip.

Just be very careful. The NYC streets are very dangerous right now, even in Midtown, where I live. Lots of stabbings and shootings. Do NOT take the subway.

This thread has a few of my posts from back in May, detailing some of the violence in NYC.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/nyc-insider-info-part-2.3837008/#post-62971677

It hasn't gotten any better. In fact it's gotten WORSE. :sad2:
3 weeks ago, a fellow Good Samaritan passenger tackled a man, who had just stabbed a woman twice, from stabbing her to death on the 14th St subway station platform. A few days after that 2 women were stabbed at the 135th(?) St subway stop, meanwhile there were 2 more unrelated stabbings a few subway stops north of that, a couple hours later by different people. Just a few days ago, the news reported 16 shootings in one night all around the city. I can't even begin to count the stabbings in and around the city - not just the bad sections. And an Asian person is brutally attacked almost every day on the streets. E.V.E.R.Y. D.A.Y. Normally I annotate all the examples I write, like the other thread. Just too tired right now.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter