Seeking general advice for a first time cruiser with children

forgop

Mouseketeer
I'm a DVC member and it seems that you're better off buying direct for a cruise than using points and I'm trying to wrap my head around for a trip in Oct 2014. My preference is to sail out of Port Canaveral but would consider Miami if the pricing is much better. I will be traveling with 3 children(11, 10, and 7 at the time, the youngest of which has autism). We're on a year round calendar and have 2 weeks off for fall break in early October, so the week is even flexible.

Historically speaking, any idea when I might see specials for this period for a DVC cruise? My preference is with a Disney cruise, but honestly, I'm willing to wait out to just a few weeks in advance to shop for the hottest cruise deal as I don't need to be surrounded by Mickeys to make it more worthwhile.

My background is in procurement, so I'm all about getting the best VALUE for my buck (By value, I don't necessarily mean the cheapest). Aside from Disney, any particular sites you'd recommend for a last minute special shopper?
Thanks for any pointers you can give me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter