Seeking tips for saving space with 5 in a room.

kimbergirl

Earning My Ears
Looking for space-saving tips for AKL room (deluxe, but I understand they're not very big)with 5 people (3 adults, 2 "juniors"). I've heard there's very limited drawer space. I'm planning to take lots of clothes hangers and may request an additional luggage holder. Other than that (and packing light, which is a skill that does not run in my family), what other suggestions do you have? I'll also post this on Resorts board. Thanks

We unpacked what we could and kept the rest in the suitcases under the bed. I also brought an extra folding duffle to keep dirty clothes in and stuffed it under the beds too. There's a lot of space down there! (This was at the ASMU, though). As stuff got dirty it was transferred under the bed and new clothes brought out. Kinda cumbersome but it worked.

We have used a pop up hamper in the corner to store dirty clothes. If you will be bringing a lot of shoes then you might think about bringing a hanging shoe holder. A cheap one from the dollar store is small but can save floor space.

The closet in the AKL is good sized, has a rod and hangers and a shelf on top. We had two teens in the standard sized room and had plenty of space.

Generally I bring a few extra hangers and those clip type pants hangers(you can hang shorts off them if necessary to save drawer space). I unpack totally, and then as I determine the clothes are dirty and can't be worn again, I repack them into the suitcase, so that on the last day, my suitcase is packed and I don't waste a lot of time the evening before repacking. I also ship purchases home, excpet for those souvenirs that I absolutely "have" to carry home(ie-for the dog sitter, my house watching neighbor). I find this works well. You can always stick the suitcases under the bed, and just pull them out to put the dirty clothes in as needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter