Sell me on BOG dinner or is just lunch ok

kniquy

DIS Veteran
For my families upcoming trip we will be traveling with the grandparents, who have never been to BOG and my daughter who loves beauty and the beast (4yo). A prior trip with just my older boys we did BOG lunch - we enjoyed it and took our time eating and did check out the other rooms. We were happy with the lunch meal. I am trying to decided if it is worth trying to get BOG dinner reservations,

I am sure the food would be good, but is it a must do is the Beast or Bell there? or should the lunch experience suffice. I thought it was great just being there for lunch and it has the benefit of not taking up too much park time.

Please let me know your pro/cons of each.

Never done lunch but dinner is a wonderful experience. We have been 3 times and found the food and atmosphere were amazing. The Beast makes a brief appearance in the different rooms before going to the Library I think it was to greet people as they leave. Then after a certain amount of time there is a break and he comes back and walks through the rooms again and greets people again. I would give it a try.

Dinner=wine, table service, beast
Lunch, not the same experience. I loved dinner there but already know I would not appreciate lunch.

I have only been once and it was for dinner. The three in my group really enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The service was exceptional.
I know quite a few people say they did not like the food, but I thought it was really good. The gray stuff was a little underwhelming but I enjoyed it. And you get to meet The Beast.

We have done both and dinner was much nicer. Steak dinner was good, choice of wine and beer, and Beast photo.
Lunch was chaotic with people all over the place.

We have done both... I prefer dinner. Lunch just felt like noisy regular QS in a pretty setting to me. Dinner felt more like the BOG experience I had been picturing. That being said, I think a four year old would be fine with lunch and just checking out the castle.

Loved lunch. Sat in the Master's bedroom on purpose, to avoid the busy main room. It was darker, quieter. Loved ordering online beforehand and having the time to walk around (we left hubs at the table) to see the other rooms.

try the grey stuff, it's delicious....

but seriously, you are paying for the experience, not the food. but the food was decent.

It is better than CRC dinner, which i know doesn't say much lol

Done all meals and will probably never return for dinner. Had it been my first, maybe I would feel different but we ate dinner after having breakfast and lunch. All dinner was .... ordering from server instead of pre-order & the beast. Not even the desserts were much different - which QS to TS stinks. Dinner was still loud, chaotic and we found the food nothing special.

Lunch is our favorite meal there.

I'm in the minority here, but we loved dinner. Our server was knowledgeable, friendly, and we enjoyed our meal. In the end, it comes down to meeting Beast. If your crew would like that, dinner is for you (at least once). Otherwise, you can see the castle and have some French onion soup at lunch. Character meals are much more expensive but that's not limited to BOG.

For me lunch and dinner at BOG are two entirely different experiences. I didn't care much for lunch, it just didn't feel all that special to me. I really like dinner at BOG though. We have always had great food and wonderful service.

I've done and enjoyed both. Lunch is the better value, IMHO, but I'm not all that interested in characters and not really a huge Disney table service enthusiast. I liked being able to experience the castle without the high TS price tag.

We did dinner on our last trip and we loved it. We sat in the Gallery room, we were the only people in there for the beginning of our dinner. When we left, there was only a handful of other tables with people eating in that room. Our service was wonderful and so was the food. We paid OOP so we didn't even order dessert (we used snack credits for Dole Whips at the evening parade instead), and they still raved about it. In fact, it is the only restaurant my DDs asked to return to this trip! They said it was their absolute favorite place they had dinner and we also dined at Cali Grill with Fireworks viewing, 'Ohana, Le Cellier, Ragland Road and Mama Melrose F! Package. Not slouchy places, lol!

Now, I have never done lunch so I can't help you compare the two, but we have another dinner and PPO breakfast this trip. I recommend you try it at least once.

We love dinner. One of my favorites in at Disney actually. You get to meet the beast and they serve rolls. I love my rolls.

We've done both several times. Dinner is much better than lunch. Food has always been very good and we've had excellent service at dinner. You also get to meet the Beast and it's the only place to do so. There's just no comparison between the two.

We've also found dinner far less crowded. We often sit in the gallery room and they never seem to fill it to capacity at dinner.

We have done lunch and dinner and I think meeting The Beast makes dinner worth your while. My kids were very impressed with him and my daughter the princess felt like she had finally been restored to her proper place in the world dining in the ballroom.
Lunch is a little less magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter