• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Semi-last minute, 1 day MK

Roobear77

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone...long time GAC/DAS user (my husband), but haven't been since pre-pandemic. Turns out our kids have chosen to go to MK for a single day as opposed to some other activities when we are in Orlando in 2 weeks.
I've been trying to catch up on all the changes and just want to make sure I have this correct.
He can get approval for his DAS ahead of time using the video chat. If that works, we have the choice of two pre selections. Other than not having to get return times at the attraction and used the app instead, the rest seems the same.
If he is not approved, we can try going to City Hall day of.
Two questions: Do we have to have our tickets purchased in MDE before he does the video approval? I'm assuming we do but I hate that a ticket is for a specific date now (what if the weather is terrible and we want to go a different day?)
And the other is does he have to have his own MDE? I have always been the holder of the app, he hates being on his phone, I always had everyone linked in mine. Do we need to set him up with his own and link me and the children?

Oh one last question..what do you think the odds are that our magic bands from 2017 will work for tapping?

Thanks everyone..can't believe we are actually going back!

Yes, everyone will need to have a ticket and a theme park reservation to do the video chat and make DAS Advanced Selections. If you change your date, be sure to change the theme park reservation as well. And as long as it is at least 2 days ahead, you can try to change the Advanced Selections (based on availability).

He can be a profile managed on your MDE, but he must be present for the video chat (and probably required to speak for himself).

Your MagicBands will work for tapping.

Great thank you!
One other question. Now that you can get a return time from the app, do you have to have tapped into the park before you can get one?

Great thank you!
One other question. Now that you can get a return time from the app, do you have to have tapped into the park before you can get one?
Yes, the DAS-holder plus any guest in the party who wants to ride must be in the park when you get the DAS Return Time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter