Sending groceries ahead?

CGEEKESS

Earning My Ears
I was looking at some other boards for tips and one mentioned sending non-perishable items ahead to the campground. They said they would hold them for pickup until you arrive. Has anyone tried this and do you think it was worth the extra effort? :p :bounce:

Yes! It is worth the xtra effort. I shipped a whole bunch of stuff ahead of time. It saved $$ and time in the stores.

I started looking around and went to each store in my area that was having buy 1 get 1 free sales, and then 1 for the house, 1 for the cabin.

I shipped 3 cases of water, poptarts, cereal, spices, condiments, coffee, sugar, etc. etc. etc.

I will do the same the next time I go too :D

Hope this helps.

If you don't mind answering, what shipping service did you use and about how much did it cost?
Thanks,
K

I used UPS, I sent it out 1 week and 1/2 ahead of time, It cost me about $25.00 to ship it all out. I used 2 boxes.

I don't remember which address I sent it to. I called FW the day I was shipping it, asked for the address and informed them that I would have packages shipped there.

The packages were there before I was, it was great!

We just sent out our boxes the other day.I have sent food down everytime we're at the cabins.The prices at any of the grocery stores in the Orlando area are high.So I start my box a few weeks before and pick things up.We ship UPS.From Vermont it takes 5 days.On the outside I put our Name / ressie #/date of arrival.We plan on it arriving the day before we do.Then all I need to do is pick a few things in Orlando.It saves time and $$ in the long run.

Here's the address :
Ft Wilderness Resort and Campground
4510 N. Fort Wilderness Trail
Bay Lake , FL. 32830

Have a great time
Heidi

slight correction on the address,

4510 North Fort Wilderness Trail
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Telephone: (407) 824-2900
Fax: (407) 824-3508

In got the address out of the Passporter.I hope my boxes get there :( I have faith in UPS to figure out the error.I would be more worried if the zip code were wrong.

Heidi

You might want to give Netgrocer.com a try then. I've used them several times without a problem shipping foods to Ft Wilderness and the All Stars.

Hey UPS is great. I have rec'd items that only had my company name and city for an address. You can bet your last dollar UPS knows every address in WDW.

However, we always just make a complete list and split it up between family members and met back at the check out with everything we needed. The Publix or the Super Walmart both have the same prices we pay at home. Of course we only live about 90 miles away and have our own car so its not a big deal to run back out if we need anything.

I can see where if you don't have a car and only get a 30 minute stop it may be better to ship ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter