Sending items before hand

KD5

Earning My Ears
We are going to WDW mid-February and have three kids - 6, 4, and 6 months. Rather than bring all the items for the baby with us (diapers, wipes, formula, etc.) I thought about sending them ahead of time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I suggest that you try to send the package to arrive the day before or the day of your arrival. I know this is difficult to do, but some resorts will not hold the package for very long. They send it to another facility to be held until your arrival.

When you address the package, you will need to include your reservation number and the date of your arrival on the package. This helps the resort to know the package is for a guest about to check in. That also may aide in the resort's decision to keep your package on the premises if it should arrive too early.

I don't know your planned mode of transportation, but if you are flying into Orlando and using a towncar service to get from the airport to your resort, it may be cost effective to wait until you arrive and take advantage of the free grocery stop on the way to the resort. You would save on packaging and shipping charges. Most of the towncar services will provide you with a complimentary 30-minute stop at a grocery store as part of their service. You advise the towncar service that you want to make the stop at the time you make your reservation. You might want to request a stop at Publix (local grocery chain). I have heard of some towncar drivers stopping at more expensive convenience-store-type places.

Have fun!

Hi,
I would certainly sent the stuff ahead. Just address it to you, in care of the hotel. Put in the lower corner your arrival date and they will hold it. I called my hotel and that's what they said to do. I ended up not doing it because as it turned out we had an extra suitcase to use. Suprising, as we went with my two teenage daugthers!!! LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter