*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain-Taking the Magic Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
\
Any plans for a stateroom tour? If the case you guys are welcome to check it out to have a glimps of which accessible features DCL can offer. Always good to have a mental picture in case of a loved on ever needs anything or whatever.

Great idea!! We did one a stateroom tour from Deck 2 to a 1 bedroom suite on the last WBTA and it was great fun!!

Thanks Karen for starting the new thread :goodvibes :worship: :woohoo:

I'd like to sign up myself and mum for the FE group please - #6520

Thank you :flower3:

can everyone interested in the FE please PM PFlamingo with their details?

everyone interested in the candy swap, please PM goofieslonglostsis with your details?

and anyone intersted in the secret mickey, please PM me with your details?

thanks

May I make a few suggestions?
1. for the first page, could we have the following
Dis Name, real name and stateroom number?

2. For the FE, Candy Exchange etc., I suggest that people PM you with their DIS names, real names, stateroom numbers. For the FE, you also need the names of children and ages.

Also, I would like to know how many people are interested in doing WBTA 2011 pins and lanyards. We will need to sell at least 100 pins to make them.

Last year for lanyards, we formed a team of people who chipped in about $10 each to give everyone a lanyard with their name in the pouch.

I have previously posted pictures of both and can do again if people are interested.

"People come and go so quickly around here, Toto!"

I can see I'm going to have to hustle to keep up w/ everyone here!

Okay, sure, I'll do the FE. I can handle an Excel spreadsheet, and being "between jobs" I've got some time to do it.

You can count us in on the candy swap - though I'll have to think about what's representative of Georgia. We have Bob's Candy Cane factory, though not exactly "southern" per se, and the infamous Pecan Logs (pronounced PEE-can, though I prefer the more "Yankee" pe-CON, not being a GA native).

The Madeira tour sounds interesting, too.

Ummm, what's a "secret Mickey"? I'm assuming like a "secret Santa," but details, please.

We'd be up for lanyards and pins.

I've been looking at hotels - the Praktik sounds interesting but at the moment there's no availability for the 8th-10th (which is probably when we'll be there). Any other suggestions/recommendations? I'd like to be near El Corte Ingles if possible - I know I'll want to make a pre-cruise trip there.

May I make a few suggestions?
1. for the first page, could we have the following
Dis Name, real name and stateroom number?

2. For the FE, Candy Exchange etc., I suggest that people PM you with their DIS names, real names, stateroom numbers. For the FE, you also need the names of children and ages.

done, the people in the FE and SM lists have their room numbers posted, i know not everyone wants to share their room numbers, but if they're in the exchanges its obviously a part of that!

Also, I would like to know how many people are interested in doing WBTA 2011 pins and lanyards. We will need to sell at least 100 pins to make them.

Last year for lanyards, we formed a team of people who chipped in about $10 each to give everyone a lanyard with their name in the pouch.

I have previously posted pictures of both and can do again if people are interested.

i'm interested in definately one, possibly 2 pins

"People come and go so quickly around here, Toto!"

I can see I'm going to have to hustle to keep up w/ everyone here!

Okay, sure, I'll do the FE. I can handle an Excel spreadsheet, and being "between jobs" I've got some time to do it.

thanks again for offering to organise this, i've sent you a PM

You can count us in on the candy swap -

please PM goofieslonglostsis with your info

Ummm, what's a "secret Mickey"? I'm assuming like a "secret Santa," but details, please.

the info for the FE and the secret mickey (including what it is) is on the first page.
if you are interested, please PM me with your info

thanks to everyone for the active planning we now seem to be doing now that we have our shiny new thread!
please feel free to continue posting on here that you are interested in the various activities, but please make sure that you PM the people organising the various activities to ensure you arent left out of the various lists being compiled!

"
The Madeira tour sounds interesting, too./QUOTE]

Would you like me to add you name to the "interested" list?

Sure!

I'm about 90% sure we'll be going at this point. I have to get together all the money details (airfare, hotel, dog boarding, etc.) and convince DH we can do this (but he's such a DCL junkie by now, he's not to difficult to convince). So unless we run into some major financial problem (i.e., I don't find a job; we can't sell my house - still have mine from before we were married - long story), we'll be there.

I was reading the trip reports last night. OMG! I sooooo want to do this!! I was telling DH how great it sounded. I think he's a bit nervous about going to Barcelona and getting around there. I'm much more adventurous about these things than he is, but he trusts me. Silly man. ;)

Sure!

I'm about 90% sure we'll be going at this point. I have to get together all the money details (airfare, hotel, dog boarding, etc.) and convince DH we can do this (but he's such a DCL junkie by now, he's not to difficult to convince). So unless we run into some major financial problem (i.e., I don't find a job; we can't sell my house - still have mine from before we were married - long story), we'll be there.

I was reading the trip reports last night. OMG! I sooooo want to do this!! I was telling DH how great it sounded. I think he's a bit nervous about going to Barcelona and getting around there. I'm much more adventurous about these things than he is, but he trusts me. Silly man. ;)

We did the last WBTA and it really was a wonderful experience, right from arriving in Barcelona. We have wanted to go for a long weekend for quite some time, and thought by adding a few days there to the beginning of the vacation it would kill two birds with one stone. Wrong!!! We just wanted to go back. It is a beautiful and interesting place with loads to do. We only scratched the surface. My daughter and family had a short day there at the end of their cruise and felt just the same.

Much of what you want to see there can be done on foot if you like walking around. We do, and walked miles. We didn't use any public transport, but it appeared to be very easy to use and navigate and we will be using it next year to see more places.

Sure!

I will put your names on the potential Madeira tour list.

Barcelona seemed very safe to us as we did tours with other DISers mostly. Our only one day by ourselves, we went to the Picasso Museum and walked all over the Rambla. We actually walked from the Picasso Museum to the El Corte Ingles to the Agua restuarant which was about 4.5 hour walk without any problems.

we spent a few hours walking round barcelona earlier this year before our last cruise, and found that as long as you take the normal common sense precautions, it can be a lovely and interesting sightseeing trip. we also found the underground fairly easy to use too :)

noel, count us in for 2 pins, gary wants one too :)

we spent a few hours walking round barcelona earlier this year before our last cruise, and found that as long as you take the normal common sense precautions, it can be a lovely and interesting sightseeing trip. we also found the underground fairly easy to use too :)

noel, count us in for 2 pins, gary wants one too :)

I will put you down for 2 pins if we are able to generate enough interest.

Are there any photos of the pins from the last cruise? I did look but could not find. Thanks :goodvibes

Finished pin on front of card:
wbtapin.jpg

Pin card front art:
PinCardTop.png

Pin card back art:
PinCardBottom-1-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter