Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

HAY I ordered by Mickey Mouse Club House T shirt on Saturday from Zazzle so i can join in with the club house mickey t shirt wearing on 28th september

its ARRIVED!!!

:cool1::banana:

right from the USA ... that is Amazing so if any one is thinking oh its too late now well don't its cool and really quick!!

jason

I don't have the same MMC shirt that everyone has, but I have one that I bought at WDW a few years ago that has the MMC logo on it. I figured I'd fit in that way.

I don't have the same MMC shirt that everyone has, but I have one that I bought at WDW a few years ago that has the MMC logo on it. I figured I'd fit in that way.

cool well mine is not a t shirt its

Mickey Mouse Club logo - Customized - Basic Long Sleeve Raglan, White/Black, Adult 2X

so you will not be the only one not in a t shirt

jason

Re feedback on CM`s.
TBH this expectation that all service is excellent is rubbish and we have to buy into it to help the Cm`s.
I know on our last questionaire we were asked if we had been pressurised to leave excellent feedback - we had, but by Disney not the CM`s. Its all gone a bit far and I don`t want someones future in my hands, I want a hassle free vacation.

Checkin' in :hippie: but for now I'll have to go catch up with the last few pages of Pt. 8.

YEAH!! We are here - do you think this will be the last before the cruise?
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

cool well mine is not a t shirt its
Mickey Mouse Club logo - Customized - Basic Long Sleeve Raglan, White/Black, Adult 2X
so you will not be the only one not in a t shirt
jason

I just have an MMC Tattoo in the middle of my chest. I just wont wear a shirt:thumbsup2
Just kidding. of course we got our MMC shirts, but in different colors.

I like Sue's idea of addressing the servers performance and your expectations of them in the beginning of the cruise. That way, if they don't fulfill your expectations then you can give accurate feedback to Disney.

I'm so excited to hear more people are going to have their MMC shirts on!! If you have Ears, bring those, too!!

YEAH!! We are here - do you think this will be the last before the cruise?

Silly girl! Of course not! :rotfl2: We went through over 300 pages in 20 days with Chapter 8!

Repeated reply from thread 8
Personally, I think it should be done online but I do realize not everyone has access to online services.

They might have those persons not willing to participate in an online survey, receive a phone call asking those questions.

Somehow it is so impersonal to just mark your comments down either on a survey or a piece of paper. I have heard of people who mark negative things for no other reason than they are just unpleasant people. To think that a person could loose his or her job over one such a survey seems inefficient to say the least

DCL should do more follow up phone calls, especially to first time cruisers to see what their experiences were and how they could improve. They could do a random selection of persons in all categories to call to get much more feedback than they get in a survey. Questions like did you rebook on board, if so why or if not, why not etc. I think people might tend to be more forthcoming on the phone.

Just my thoughts...
girlcoffee.gif

Thanks - twice! I appreciate it.

R

Off the boards for two hours and I see they finally closed us down on chapter 8. Over 4500 posts and over 300 pages just since July 30th!!! And I'm sure this will go just as fast as we all ramp up and discuss those last minute details (even with a few dropping off to head over to the B2B and those leaving a bit earlier).

Excitement is building!!!!!!!!!!!!

From Krisannb:
On the EBTA I offered, and several took me up on it, to transfer memory cards to DVD's if anyone needed it. I will have my computer. Just leave me a note on my door! But please bring your own DVD (no Cd's).

From birkner:
John and I can also download your camera first onto either a DVD or a CD or if you bring one, a USB stick. If you don't have either CD's or DVD's with you, we probably will have a few extras. It is really cheaper to buy a USB stick as they are pretty cheap unless you get a lot of memory.

John says he will do it for free unless there is a huge demand then we will have to bring many extras and may have to charge a $1 or so each to do it. I am assuming most people know how to do this but if you want us to do this for you, will you please PM me so I know how many extra CD's or DVD's to bring.

If I don't hear from many people, we will just bring a few extra CD's and DVD's.

From su_kraft
I can also make DVD's and CD's - but we are not bringing media to put photos on... I secong the flash drive / memory stick. They are very inexpensive now...

That's so kind of you to offer!! Would you object if Gismo Sarah included that in the Mini Navigator?

I'm suppose to be working on finishing up a huge project, but instead I'm reading your posts. Can't believe we started yet another thread!! Keep up the great discussion . . .always learning something new from you.

Counting the days until our European vacation . . .

I just have an MMC Tattoo in the middle of my chest. I just wont wear a shirt:thumbsup2

I like Sue's idea of addressing the servers performance and your expectations of them in the beginning of the cruise. That way, if they don't fulfill your expectations then you can give accurate feedback to Disney.

thats cool

yeah i have stayed in 5 star hotels it can be a good idea to be clear straight away how you like things - string fences and all that be polite and remember they are human beings with feelings but at the end of the day this is our holiday

but really i have always had good service from disneyworld not the case with disney land paris - god that is such a mess the characters are great but really the cast members are so poor compared to disney world

at the end we are on holiday some things will go wrong and we must not let those ruin the whole holiday

i have found if you give a good tip at the start that can actually help

I just got an e-mail from DCL reminding me of my cruise and my paperwork! How can I forget?????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

So did I. Forget? Ha! It's all consuming at this point in time since I can't seem to get anything done. What's wrong with me??? Maybe this little reminder will motivate me....

Jackie

I just got an e-mail from DCL reminding me of my cruise and my paperwork! How can I forget?????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

yeah me too but reminding me i have booked ground transfer in the US to my disneyworld resort but not from barcelona

wow thats cool service right there its personalised

the email says contact us if you need any help to get to your hotel in barcelona WOW

actually i do so time to contact DCL:surfweb: love talking to those guys and girls :banana::thumbsup2

From Krisannb:

From birkner:

From su_kraft

That's so kind of you to offer!! Would you object if Gismo Sarah included that in the Mini Navigator?

hi

i am brining a new laptop as well with a DVD writer

i have a piece of software on it that can auto change RAW image files into TIffs and jpegs or vice versa

I work as a project manager in ICT so could help people if you want as well

jason

Re feedback on CM`s.
TBH this expectation that all service is excellent is rubbish and we have to buy into it to help the Cm`s.
I know on our last questionaire we were asked if we had been pressurised to leave excellent feedback - we had, but by Disney not the CM`s. Its all gone a bit far and I don`t want someones future in my hands, I want a hassle free vacation.

That is a really good point.

but really i have always had good service from disneyworld not the case with disney land paris - god that is such a mess the characters are great but really the cast members are so poor compared to disney world

It is so very different at DL Paris. We saw some extremely grumpy CM's and always said they would get the sack in Florida. It really put us off.

Definitely not .... we will get into double figures before we cruise for sure with all the excitement :yay::yay:

excitment - its verging on fever pitch this is so awesome ... and the email that DCL just sent me about transfer from barcelona airport was cool

28 days wow ... 27 tomorrow :yay:pirate:

From Krisannb:

From birkner:

From su_kraft

Not me but I think she should indicate people should if at all possible bring their own media, preferably a USB memory stick. If they are going to upload, the need to fill up their camera sticks before they download to a USB sticks. I think we would prefer to do it more toward the end of the cruise but will do whatever people need.

Just my thoughts...
girlcoffee.gif

Hi all, I'm repeating this question because I'd really like your thoughts. Forgive the repetition!

There's another thread devoted to whether anyone has felt pressured by CMs to give them an "excellent" rating on the satisfaction surveys at the end of the cruise whether they deserve it or not. (BTW, you can find that thread here.)

I don't want to repeat that discussion here, but I would like to ask a related question: Given that Disney needs feedback on their service, how can they get it without being irritating or intruding on our fun? Here's my post from that thread:

QUOTE:
Disney (and all service providers) needs feedback to make sure they can improve their service, and the closer to receiving the service, the fresher our impressions are, and the more reliable the feedback. Yet the very act of asking can intrude on our pleasure as guests.

Next, Disney (and other service providers) rewards and promotes those servers who rate well, and, I would hope, works with and provides more instruction to those who don't rate well. This means that the servers are under pressure to get good scores, and some of them (especially the less confident ones) turn around and put pressure on the guests they are serving to give them good scores. This is OK if they deserve it, and not if they don't, but again, can be irritating in either case.

How can Disney find out who is doing well, who needs more instruction to do better, and what DCL can improve without being intrusive or irritating? Remember that it needs to be done while it's fresh in our minds.

If you were Disney, what would you do? And, as a paying guest, how would you like to give feedback? What have you seen done elsewhere that works, or that you like? What, in your opinion, doesn't work?

This is a difficult problem, and one that's not unique to Disney, but if we can come up with a better way to help Disney improve our experience, and help us have more fun, ultimately we will benefit from it most!
END QUOTE

I would very much be interested in your thoughts on this, especially from those who are repeat cruisers!

Thanks,
Richard

Re surveys: First night when we get the "exceptional service" talk from servers we tell them we certainly expect their service will be excellent and assure them throughout the cruise (with a warm smile!) that we will let them know if there is anything they can do to make it so. We also take the time to tell them that we like to laugh and have fun. I do know that the information from those surveys is calculated before the day is over and there have been changes made before the ship sets sail again based on common comments from multiple cruisers. (this info from DIS cruisers who are in the survey calculation business) We always take the few minutes to fill it out and we do mention CMs all around the ship that have given us magical moments ----and there are always several.

I'm so excited to hear more people are going to have their MMC shirts on!! If you have Ears, bring those, too!!

Silly girl! Of course not! :rotfl2: We went through over 300 pages in 20 days with Chapter 8!

We have DL 50th anniversary gold ears, but can't locate any of our black ears. We might just have to go with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter