• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Thank you aussietravellers, you have been such a help. I am going to see if I can change hollywood and vine. Thanks for the heads up on that one and I might call disney tonight and put in all my room request for CSR and animal kingdom (even thought it is only for one night ). Arusha Savannah review is what I will ask for, thank you so much. We never never get time together and thought since MIL will be there why not plus she offered. I am so excited to show her the magic of disney at age 65yrs and never been out of Australia she to is counting down the days. It will be special to see how she enjoys the trip, even though it will mean I will have to hold my tongue at times.....ummmmm.
If you don't mind me asking how old were your kids when you did the everglades boat? I am just a little worried that spending a long long day with miss 7 might turn into a nightmare. Did it take much time to do the boat ride? It was an optional extra. We are going with orlando travel I think it is called. It must be the same one as if you left from the values like we have to. Its the only disney resort they leave from???? Is the coach alright, does it have a toliet? All these questions. Sorry just tell me to shut up!!!! I wish we were all staying in the same resort so we could have a dis meet? I would love to put your faces to your dis names. xx

O.k so just got into the hollywood brown derby. Its going to mean we end up having to pay for one of our meals at disneyworld. But hey out of 14 days I can't complain, as it uses up 2 credit points. I am hope that means that it is nice? have I done the right thing. I feel better about not going to hollywood and vine though.....oh I am like a child in a lolly shop he he he....

If you don't mind me asking how old were your kids when you did the everglades boat? I am just a little worried that spending a long long day with miss 7 might turn into a nightmare. Did it take much time to do the boat ride? It was an optional extra. We are going with orlando travel I think it is called. It must be the same one as if you left from the values like we have to. Its the only disney resort they leave from???? Is the coach alright, does it have a toliet? All these questions. Sorry just tell me to shut up!!!! I wish we were all staying in the same resort so we could have a dis meet? I would love to put your faces to your dis names. xx

My DS was 8 when we went on the everglades airboat and he loved it. We had booked from Australia from a travel brochure and just had a voucher. We didn't even know that the airboat as an option. The company, I can't remember the name now, but it was operated by Grayline Tours. They have a KSC tour and KSC with airboat ride so he dropped everybody at the airboat ride first (it was on the way), then dropped the few left on the bus at KSC and came back and got us and took us straight to KSC and we all left KSC together to go back to ASM. I have just looked on the Grayline site and it says that it's 40 minutes, so it doesn't take a large chunk out of KSC. It may not be the same company, but there can not be that many who do the tours :confused3 Anyway it's something to think about if you are on the tour and they make the stop there, we knew nothing about it until the bus made the stop on the way to KSC. It wasn't tiring though, cause you are sitting the whole time so I don't think that it would make your DD any more tired than she will be by the end of the day.

I can't remember if there was a toilet on the bus :confused3 Didn't use it and I didn't really pay attention :rotfl: It was too early in the morning, we were half asleep and on the way back we were tired, it was nice to get back on the bus and rest.

Brown Derby was much nicer than H&V, I think it was only 1TS credit when we went though, bit rude of them putting it up :rotfl: They have a famous cobb salad there, they give you the recipe on a little card that is shaped as a hat, very cute.

A dismeet would be fun, there will be so many of us there in Sept/Oct. It's finding the time in our very heavily planned days :lmao:

If you don't mind me asking how old were your kids when you did the everglades boat? I am just a little worried that spending a long long day with miss 7 might turn into a nightmare. Did it take much time to do the boat ride? It was an optional extra. We are going with orlando travel I think it is called. xx

My DS was 8 when we went on the everglades airboat and he loved it. We had booked from Australia from a travel brochure and just had a voucher. We didn't even know that the airboat as an option. The company, I can't remember the name now, but it was operated by Grayline Tours. They have a KSC tour and KSC with airboat ride so he dropped everybody at the airboat ride first (it was on the way), then dropped the few left on the bus at KSC and came back and got us and took us straight to KSC and we all left KSC together to go back to ASM. I have just looked on the Grayline site and it says that it's 40 minutes, so it doesn't take a large chunk out of KSC. It may not be the same company, but there can not be that many who do the tours :confused3

We did an airboat ride in May and I second the view....it is so much FUN and something that if given the opportunity, I would do again in a heartbeat.
My son was 5 when we first took him to WDW. We had a car and drove down the KSC (1 hour trip down). There was so much to see and do at KSC; and he didn't get tired because in between the 3 main sections of KSC, you get on a bus. It can be a nicely paced day because you're sitting in the bus (air conditioned) and at each of the stops, there is a gift shop. And you leave each section when you want to and just wait for the next bus to come along.

O.K so I am seriously thinking about the air boat ride now. It sounds like fun if it means everyone returns at the same time whats the differenct. I just had it in my head it would mean we would return at like 9pm or something when we have such an early flight the next day. I will have to contact the bus company and check it out, it sounds like a must do. Thanks guys, I really appreciate all your advice your great!

For those of you that may have stayed at POR, which rooms do you recommend, the mansions or alligator bayou? Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. Deb from Dreams is just finalizing everything and asked if i had a preference!
Not long now.:yay:

We got a surprise yesterday. Got home and a courier had dropped off our paperwork and baggage tags from DCL.

How did you get baggage tags? I asked to have them posted and they said they wouldn't for international guest? You lucky thing...how exciting. Wow I see you only have 1wk and 6days. Yay!!!

How did you get baggage tags? I asked to have them posted and they said they wouldn't for international guest? You lucky thing...how exciting. Wow I see you only have 1wk and 6days. Yay!!!

They do post the packet to the cruise people. They used to post the tags to Australia because a friend of mine had hers sent and she didn't use a TA.

We are getting ours sent to our hotel in NY so we will have them :banana:

Two weeks today, two weeks today (she says whilst skipping around the room :dancer: )

We weren't supposed to get them delivered to home, as the usual 2 week prior to cruise timing meant we would have already have left so we asked for them to be delivered to the WL.

A week out from leaving and the whole house has been thru the wars and been to the doctors. First yougest DD came down with a bad cough and the the eldest, same thing. Then me and now DW with a bad throat.

All are on the mend except me who now has suspected pneumonia so I am off for some tests this morning. Fingers crossed or our trip maybe delayed or worse cancelled. I suppose better to happen now rather than on the trip.

:sick: :sick: :sick:

Oh DizOz,
I feel your pain, we have been sick here as well. First little DS (3) then DD(11) now me. I am of to the doctors as well, I feel like I have razor blades down my throat!!!!! I think all the lead up work and excitement might of hit us all hard with colds and infections. Like you said lucky now rather than away. Praying you don't have pneumonia.....xx

Good news, no pneumonia. But I have got a cough like someone who smokes 3 packs a day. I would kill for a good night sleep.

DW and youngest DD are much better. Just me and our eldest DD who are under the waether.

Anyone still have 4 days to recover.

Good news Dizoz about not having pneumonia. Hope the cough is gone within the next four days though. I am still not to good had the doctor at our house at 5am this morning. Now on antibotics finally....should be on the mend soon.

About 33 hours and we will be on our way :cool1: I still haven't packed and have so much to do, I'm getting a little stressed. Will we make it out the door on time????

About 33 hours and we will be on our way :cool1: I still haven't packed and have so much to do, I'm getting a little stressed. Will we make it out the door on time????

You'll make it.
Breathe.....in.....out!

Remember, you're going to the home of capitalism and consumerism. Whatever you forget to pack, you can get over there.

I'm a little bit envious of all you September travellers....but then I only have to remember that when you get back, it will shortly be my turn to go. ;)

You'll make it.
Breathe.....in.....out!

Remember, you're going to the home of capitalism and consumerism. Whatever you forget to pack, you can get over there.

I'm a little bit envious of all you September travellers....but then I only have to remember that when you get back, it will shortly be my turn to go. ;)

Thanks, I just seem to have so much to do tomorrow and still have to pack. Of course I could get off the computer and that would allow time to pack, but for some reason I am not motivated to pack. I wish there was a packing fairy who would come and do it for me :rotfl2:

Thanks, I just seem to have so much to do tomorrow and still have to pack. Of course I could get off the computer and that would allow time to pack, but for some reason I am not motivated to pack. I wish there was a packing fairy who would come and do it for me :rotfl2:

Well, hit that OFF button and go start packing! You'll feel much better once you start putting something into the suitcase (even if it only one sock!) :rotfl2:

Well, hit that OFF button and go start packing! You'll feel much better once you start putting something into the suitcase (even if it only one sock!) :rotfl2:

Well I do actually have the suitcases open and I do have one thing in two of the suitcases. Each suitcase has another suitcase in it :rotfl2: So I guess I have started packing, I just packed a suitcase :lmao:

Well I do actually have the suitcases open and I do have one thing in two of the suitcases. Each suitcase has another suitcase in it :rotfl2: So I guess I have started packing, I just packed a suitcase :lmao:

You can sleep easy tonight. And if you've packed a suitcase in each suitcase, what more do you need? :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter