September 2008 code watch

When are you leaving for your Sept. vacation?

• Aug 28 or earlier

• Sept 1st-7th

• Sept 8th-14th

• Sept 15th-21st

• Sept 22nd-28th

• Sept 29th- first week of Oct.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We'll be at the WL Sept.6-14, 2008. We booked with AAA and decided to buy the deluxe. With 2 kids, and them wanting to do characters, it was our best option.....inlaws and cousins may be joining us too...not sure yet. I'd love for free dining, even though I have the deluxe, I'd get a refund on the portion that is basic and just pay for the upgrade!

Count me in on your watch.

I'm starting to plan for our trip next Sept as well. I know they've changed the room rates and the discounted rate won't apply for your whole stay if you're there longer than the promotion period. You'll get the discount for the days in the period and then the rack rate for the rest of your stay. Does anyone know if the free dining (assuming it's offered) would stop in the middle of your stay if you remian past the promotion deadline?

Add us to the list of people hoping and praying for free dining in 2008.:banana: :wizard: We have booked POFQ for Sept. 19 - 28, 2008. I too spoke with a CM that mentioned that she thought free dining would be offered to the general public. I hope so!!

Trish

My fam will be staying at POR from the 16-23 Sept 08! Hoping for free dining or some other discount...So excited!!!! :yay:

I was just at WDW last week and cast members were talking with me about the 2008 free dining plan. They said it was going to be slightly different in that it wont't include the appetizer; another thought it also won't include gratuity so I don't know:confused3 I had free dining this last trip that I booked back in April. Isn't it something that anyone staying on site can get?

I'm also hoping for free dining in Sept. :goodvibes

I was thinking-----The UK promotion and the Bounceback promotion happened earlier this year than they did in the past. Maybe (just maybe?) the booking period for free dining for the general public (if it is offered) could come earlier than April? I'd LOVE to be able to book free dining before the spring!

I think that WDW is waiting to see how many UK residents and Bounceback guests book free dining before they decide if and when the general public can get in on the promotion.

Let's all hope for pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I was just at WDW last week and cast members were talking with me about the 2008 free dining plan. They said it was going to be slightly different in that it wont't include the appetizer; another thought it also won't include gratuity so I don't know:confused3

That's true. Free dining is no longer 100% "free," as you'd have to add your own tip to every ts meal. There are no appetizers included on the 2008 dining plan, so if you want a soup/salad/whatever, you'll have to pay OOP for it.

I'm jumping on board the 'Please give me free food in September 2008' bandwagon.

I am pretty new to the Dis, so, don't know what "subscribing" means, but, want to stay up to date as I'm on super hopeful free dining watch.

What is better, to go ahead and make a ressie w/o it and then apply the code to your ressie when it comes out, or, to just wait and make a ressie?

This year, we just made it when it came out, because we hadn't even planned to go until it came out, but, maybe we just got lucky this year.

Let's hope hope hope!

I am pretty new to the Dis, so, don't know what "subscribing" means, but, want to stay up to date as I'm on super hopeful free dining watch.

What is better, to go ahead and make a ressie w/o it and then apply the code to your ressie when it comes out, or, to just wait and make a ressie?

This year, we just made it when it came out, because we hadn't even planned to go until it came out, but, maybe we just got lucky this year.

Let's hope hope hope!

Last year, we made it when we heard about the deal. Actually, we were going anyway and when I was investigating the trip, I found out about the free dining and booked it pronto.

This time, I'm just going to make my reservations for when we want to go and hope that free dining or some other deal comes along. If so, I'll just call and have them redo my reservation, applying the deal to the trip. If I have to change dates to accommodate it, I'll do my best to do it.

We are booked at CSR for September 13th-20th! YIPPPEEEEEE!!!!
I am hoping for a code too!
CM said he could NOT guarentee Free Dining would be happening, and they were still working out the kinks....BUT we have a pretty good chance! ;0)
I HOPE SOOOOO!
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Count us in as another hopeful for free dining for 2008!!! If we can't get a great September rate or free food, we will go the first part of October for my son's b-day.:goodvibes
How many have actually booked for Sept. 2008? We just got back 8/27 and I'm wanting to book another trip asap! :laughing:

A few quick questions, how long does the free dining promotion run? What are the dates? Is it just in Sept? Thanks!

We are hoping for the free dining, too! We are going to POFQ Sept. 12-21st, 2008. Both my kids, my son-in-law, 3 cute grandkids and oh yeah..my DH! First vacation with EVERYONE since my daughter got married 10 years ago. SO..if we don't get free dining, I'll be disappointed...but not enough to spoil our time at the World!!!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter