September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

I hope all of you on the East coast are holding up well. I've been glued to the news watching. Also, I hope the heat breaks for you in the southwest. :grouphug:

Getting an early start....
Here is todays drawing!!

aladdin.jpg

I almost can't believe I actually drew it!!!!​

Oh my gosh! You could make a living drawing these things! Seriously!:worship:

:grouphug: to everyone in the northeast!

We have different weather problems and the heat is baking us alive. I had to work outside at a street festival yesterday in 108 degrees!:scared1: At 9pm it was still well over 100. I felt nauseated while in the sun, but once I got under the canopy, I felt better. I keep telling myself that Florida in Sept. will feel like Eatonville, WA after that. :rotfl2:

Please take care of yourself in the heat, Marblies, that's a lot for your body to take! But, you know that, so I will make the mama in me shut up!:rotfl: I'm still holding out hope for lower to mid 80s in the last week of September. Yeah, I know, I know.:rotfl2: This does seem to have been a ridiculously hot year, so I'm ready for a break in the temps!

Well, we are still here after Irene. lots of branches down and still raining but nothing serious. Hope everyone s safe this morning.

Getting an early start....
Here is todays drawing!!

I almost can't believe I actually drew it!!!!​

That is so cool! I love Genie's grin!!!!

10 DAYS TO GO!!! I just did online check-in! I was annoyed that I couldn't confirm that the request of bed rails was on there. :mad: I'm going to have to call them to make sure. If we don't have bed rails then the boys can't sleep in the beds.

Oh my word....I can't believe it's almost time for you to go!!!! I'm super duper excited for you!!!!!!

We have different weather problems and the heat is baking us alive. I had to work outside at a street festival yesterday in 108 degrees!:scared1: At 9pm it was still well over 100. I felt nauseated while in the sun, but once I got under the canopy, I felt better. I keep telling myself that Florida in Sept. will feel like Eatonville, WA after that. :rotfl2:

Oh my word yuck!!!! Stay cool today!!!!!

:woohoo: SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY FRIENDS!!! MAGIC NUMBER 9 :woohoo:

Bags are officially packed, less toiletries.

This week is all about preparation: cars need to be gased up and cleaned. Spray tan, fill in for my nails and pedi, last minute lists for the friends and family watching our house, kids and animals, buy groceries to stock the fridge for everyone while we are away, gotta pay some bills so all is well and there are no issues while we are gone (can u imagine the call from our family: "ugh there's no electricity and theres a note on the door :rotfl: - i'd DIE) Oh yes and plan a special day for my son who turns 7 Monday (the day before we leave).

Gonna need some pinot in the fridge this week to get through all the craziness, then I'm gonna need some to lay poolside and relax next week :laughing:

9 days til Disney
... :woohoo:

:woohoo: SINGLE DIGIT DANCE TODAY FRIENDS!!! MAGIC NUMBER 9 :woohoo:

Bags are officially packed, less toiletries.

This week is all about preparation: cars need to be gased up and cleaned. Spray tan, fill in for my nails and pedi, last minute lists for the friends and family watching our house, kids and animals, buy groceries to stock the fridge for everyone while we are away, gotta pay some bills so all is well and there are no issues while we are gone (can u imagine the call from our family: "ugh there's no electricity and theres a note on the door :rotfl: - i'd DIE) Oh yes and plan a special day for my son who turns 7 Monday (the day before we leave).

Gonna need some pinot in the fridge this week to get through all the craziness, then I'm gonna need some to lay poolside and relax next week :laughing:

9 days til Disney
... :woohoo:

Last year our Netflix was shut off while we were away and my BIL was staying at our house! I don't typically put things on autopay, but it was...and the card had expired. It's just Netflix not a super big deal...but I had made this huge deal about how he could watch all of these movies, etc. So we get home, and he's like....uh...you need to pay your Netflix bill! Ha! Oops! :rolleyes::laughing:

What souvenirs are all of you planning on getting? I'm starting my list and wanted some more ideas. :laughing:

I'm planning on: {so far}
-Pick-a-Pearl
-Christmas Ornament
-2011 Picture Frame

Still have power! :woohoo: No really bad flooding, only a few branches down so I cant complain! Ive yet to talk to friends, family but pretty sure its the same everywhere! Now back to my disneyplanning! :thumbsup2

As far as souveniers, dated photo album and ornament are a must. Ears for DS. MNSSHP pin as well as a 40th anniversary pin and one of our hotel. I want DS to get the 40th anniversary autograph book, and maybe a t-shirt. Those are my musts, but I know I will end up with a ton of extra stuff.. I cant say no to the mickey halloween decorations for home!

Unfortunately for us it will feel like we're in Austin TX.:dance3:

I'm going to buy a beach towel (i always do), my kids both collect pins: my son pirates and my daughter anything "cool" whatever that means :confused3
last trip in the german pavillion at Epcot I saw an awesome Wine Goblet with Maleficant on it, I'm buying that for me, and my hubby collects beer bottles/cups from around "the world" (i think he uses that as an excuse to drink?? LOL :rotfl:) As far as souvenirs for anyone else, I just cant afford it. They closed the $10 and under store so thats too bad maybe a few magnets - is magnet world still in DTD?? If not thats about all I'm buying.
This trip is just for us, and as selfish as it sounds-thats what we are focusing on.
last week my hubby had a seizure and we almost canceled. We downgraded again. We are now staying at All Star Music. I'm glad we are just going and I'm glad we are able to just spend time the two of us. Friends of ours are going to be there the same week, and I just told them yesterday that we'd meet up for an afternoon, but thats it. (we see them twice a week or more-so its not a huge deal).

What souvenirs are all of you planning on getting? I'm starting my list and wanted some more ideas. :laughing:

-Pick-a-Pearl
-Christmas Ornament
-2011 Picture Frame

Ornament is my only must have.

So the girls got autograph books for Christmas and I have had them packed away and yesterday while I was busy cleaning the kitchen dd 2 found them and ripped the book away from the cover :( Hope we can glue it so it looks nice again. We were so close :sad2:

RFrank - you made me lol about the electric. Sorry DH had a seizure. Scary

Irene is just about gone. She was lame, I was looking for a little more oomph :upsidedow

LHarper - I am so excited for you!!! You are so darn close!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Lots of damage around this area. only one death that I know of but LOTS of trees down and LOTS of major flooding all around the area.

Luckily all our trees stayed standing (I prayed to God all night to preserve my precious maple tree in the backyard LOL and he did) but the neighbors across the street weren't so lucky. about 1 am we were laying in bed (awake of course lol who could sleep with all that wind) and *creak creak CRASH* was all we heard. we jumped out of bed and saw the tree down across the neighbors driveway. luckily it missed their house and their vehicles but their mailbox may not have made it lol. Hubby is out there now helping them get it cleaned up.

I doubt we will be going anywhere today. Lots of places don't have power and lots of roads are flooded out and if they aren't flooded then there are trees blocking the road. So... we'll just stay home lol

On another note.... Souvenirs

I'll want to get another christmas ornament (we get one everytime we go)

Pins

I would like to do pick a pearl this time. never done it before.

and then DD is going to get to go to World Of Disney and pick out anything she wants (within reason lol) for her birthday.

We'll also get ears. we do every trip.

and who knows what else we'll end up with LOL

-Pick-a-Pearl
-Christmas Ornament
-2011 Picture Frame

I really only want the Mickey Trick or Treat Halloween buckets. They are too darn cute! Someone posted a picture yesterday and I just knew I had to get them for the kids. They are so cute! Besides that, maybe some other Halloween merchandise. I really want to just focus on things we can't get any other time.

I'm going to buy a beach towel (i always do), my kids both collect pins: my son pirates and my daughter anything "cool" whatever that means :confused3
last trip in the german pavillion at Epcot I saw an awesome Wine Goblet with Maleficant on it, I'm buying that for me, and my hubby collects beer bottles/cups from around "the world" (i think he uses that as an excuse to drink?? LOL :rotfl:) As far as souvenirs for anyone else, I just cant afford it. They closed the $10 and under store so thats too bad maybe a few magnets - is magnet world still in DTD?? If not thats about all I'm buying.
This trip is just for us, and as selfish as it sounds-thats what we are focusing on.
last week my hubby had a seizure and we almost canceled. We downgraded again. We are now staying at All Star Music. I'm glad we are just going and I'm glad we are able to just spend time the two of us. Friends of ours are going to be there the same week, and I just told them yesterday that we'd meet up for an afternoon, but thats it. (we see them twice a week or more-so its not a huge deal).

I hope your husband is ok!

Oh my gosh! You could make a living drawing these things! Seriously!:worship:

I was thinking the same thing!! ShhhQ your drawings are amazing!!!!

That is so cool! I love Genie's grin!!!!

Thank you all for your kind words..... but to be perfectly honest, I have to look at a picture to be able to draw them (or follow a tutorial).... the ones that I have attempted without having a picture are truly AWFUL!!

Thank you all for your kind words..... but to be perfectly honest, I have to look at a picture to be able to draw them (or follow a tutorial).... the ones that I have attempted without having a picture are truly AWFUL!!

Well even if I had a picture to look at or a tutorial to follow I still couldn't draw like you!!

As far as souvenirs, my Sept trip is a with some friends and my January trip is with my family. So on the Sept trip I plan on buying some pressed penny books so they will already have the books to put the presssed pennies in. I am sure they will have fun with the pressed penny machines. I will probably buy them some other things too. Just cause there are so many cute things in Disney :)
For myself I really want to pick a pearl :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter