September 2011 - The Planning Has Started!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was well into our plans when we added our 2 nights at AKL onto our vacation. So, it changed our plans. Before DH and I were going to get an in-room sitter so we could go to Night of Joy, but we decided not to do that once we booked 2 more nights. I now want to wait until our first night at AKL to eat at Boma. It feels like these little changes have now changed our whole trip. So, I'm basically starting the planning process over again.

Here are the places that are on our list to possibly eat at. Most are for lunch or dinner, with the exception of maybe 1 character breakfast. We plan on just eating at food courts or QS for breakfast.

-Coral Reef
-The Garden Grill
-The Crystal Palace
-'Ohana's
-Cape May Cafe
-Le Cellier (lunch since it will only be 1 TS credit)
-Garden Grove
-Yak & Yeti
-Chef Mickey's
-Boma

For Counter Service places:

-Main St. Bakery
-Starring Rolls
-Wolfgang Puck Express
-Sunshine Seasons
-Flame Tree BBQ
-Tangierine Cafe

That's pretty much what happened to us. We were booked all 9 nights at CBR with Free Dining and Waterpark & More tix. So we were going to do Blizzard Beach and Disney Quest. Then when we switched the 2nd part of the trip to the Poly I decided to drop the WP&More tix to make it more affordable. So I had to start the planning all over! :upsidedow

Your dining plans look great! I think I already gave you my opinion on most of those places in your PTR! :goodvibes

Hi!!
Thanks for adding me!!:flower3:

My thoughts about some of your TS dining-

-The Garden Grill --
have eaten here twice. Good character interaction, great, actually- but the food was not that great IMO. If you have other character meals, you may want to rethink this one.
-'Ohana---
Breakfast or dinner? Dinner is good- it's fun. The bread pudding alone makes me want to go back. :)
-Le Cellier (lunch since it will only be 1 TS credit) --
Some have had not so great experiences here lately, but we have always enjoyed it.
-Yak & Yeti-
Just okay for us, not awful- some people really like it-- we would return. Possibly this trip

For your CS meals- we love Sunshine Seasons- probably our favorite CS and Flame Tree BBQ is good too.

Our meals so far- the places we are planning on returning to:

Kona
'Ohana
San Angel Inn
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier

the ones we've never tried before but are possibly thinking of:
Grand Floridian Cafe
Narcoosee's
Tony's (Does anyone have any opinions on this place? My son wants to eat there.)

Shelly---- you're still entertaining Marrakesh?? Which chicken dish would you get?
You have to do 'Ohana. I think it's fun.

I agree with you on Garden Grill. The characters are wonderful, but the food not so much.

We did Ohana for breakfast once and it was good. I am considering it for dinner this time. Not so sure I will like bread pudding though. :scared:

Yak & Yeti -- just can't get past the name! :rotfl:

Yes, I am still thinking about Marrakesh. . . thinking about the Chicken Kebobs. But I'm not sure what Moroccan herbs & spices will taste like. :confused3

The ONLY reason we're doing Garden Grill is because my oldest son is very excited to do a meal with Chip & Dale. :confused3 I'm really hoping he either forgets about it or I can change his mind before then. I think our TS credit could be used in a MUCH better place. :rotfl:

No, 2008 was the last time they were there. They switched to Donald Duck (with Goofy and Minnie).

Are you kidding me?!?! Then they really need to update the picture for Cape May on disneyworld.com. That is where my son saw it and got so excited. GRR! :mad:

Are you kidding me?!?! Then they really need to update the picture for Cape May on disneyworld.com. That is where my son saw it and got so excited. GRR! :mad:

We were there September 2008 and October 1, if I'm not mistaken, is the day they switched it to Donald Duck. I couldn't figure out why they took two characters away and only added one. Then they should have at least added Daisy to the mix or Pluto. :confused3

I have done all the Disney math every which way! :faint: It all depends on who is in your party and where you are staying.

For us - If we are staying Moderate it is better to take free dining than to take a 30% room discount. And if we are staying Deluxe it is better for us to take the room discount and pay OOP for food.

THANKS! We are going moderate!
My fav restaurants are
O'Hana!!!!
Teppen Edo
San Angel
Le Cellier

but this time we are going to add a few new
ones
Markeesh
Wolf Gang(not express)
We Have To Do O'Hana's for dinner
I'm still deciding on the rest
I was not a big fan of Tony's or Mama Melrose, although I did like Italy
We are considering Kona's and the Garden Grill but I am always open to suggestions
Via Napoli

Everyones Planing looks as if it is coming right along. Mine on the other hand is at a stand still, I tried to pin DH down on what places he wants to eat at other than Marrakesh which he has been bugging to go to for years and years, I just always hated the thought of trying it and not likeing the food, it would be such a waste of money, I did agree this trip to go there since it will be our first time on the DxDP.
So now he wants to try Teppan E do in Epcot too.

I had thought we would mostly do breakfast and dinner-some signature places but anyhow below is my tentative list I better get onto it my ADR date is March 30th

Breakfast

Ohana's
Kona
Boma
The GF Cafe
1900 Park Fare
The Wave
All are "New" for both of us with the exception of Boma's I have gone there, will be new for DH

L/D
Aloha Dinner Show-not sure yet
Mama Melrose=Fantasmic Pkg-not sure yet

The Plaza
LTT
Biergarten
Via Napoli
Marrakesh
Rose & Crown
San Angel Inn
Teppan E Do
Cali Grill
Le Cellier
Les Chefs de France

Also considering Capt Jacks in DTD, so depending on which 2 cr meals we choose some of the above will not happen this trip, but all on the L/D are "new" except Biergarten and Rose & Crown, Mama Melrose and Ahloha Dinner which we have done before

I love trying new places usually so should be fun

I am so excited to get to do ADR's at 180 days this time around!! We booked at 62 days out in Sept '10...I was able to get everything I wanted, but not at all of the times were exacty what I would have chosen.

Now I just have to narrow down what we are going to do this time around....
:dance3:

Just wanted to do a Banana Dude shake it party for finally booking the trip this morning.:banana::banana:

Now Shelly---- you can breathe a sigh of relief-- I thought I was reverting back to my procrastinating ways there for a bit.;)
And Moroccan spices taste like Morocco, silly.:goodvibes I figured you'd get those kebabs- they were the only thing on there that I thought I could eat too.

Sheila- your dining plans look good. We love Cali Grill- but have only been there once.

TGM is telling me I have 53 days until my reservation window opens on March 6th. I'm so happy he is counting for me.:laughing:

Joining the party :yay: We are going to be at the POR riverside from Sept 22-27 We originally booked free dining but then our TA changed us to stay and play free...with 3 kids it was cheaper :)

DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon but this is the first time I have planned with kids. Feel like I know nothing! haha We are looking at what we want for dining right now and we are SO confused by it! DH and I didn't do any character dining but this time we are looking to do several. I think we are going to do Chef Mickey's for breakfast and we want to do the Epcot princess for dinner. Besides that we have no clue yet!!

Joining the party :yay: We are going to be at the POR riverside from Sept 22-27 We originally booked free dining but then our TA changed us to stay and play free...with 3 kids it was cheaper :)

DH and I went to Disney for our honeymoon but this is the first time I have planned with kids. Feel like I know nothing! haha We are looking at what we want for dining right now and we are SO confused by it! DH and I didn't do any character dining but this time we are looking to do several. I think we are going to do Chef Mickey's for breakfast and we want to do the Epcot princess for dinner. Besides that we have no clue yet!!

:welcome:

Just wanted to do a Banana Dude shake it party for finally booking the trip this morning.:banana::banana:

Now Shelly---- you can breathe a sigh of relief-- I thought I was reverting back to my procrastinating ways there for a bit.;)
And Moroccan spices taste like Morocco, silly.:goodvibes I figured you'd get those kebabs- they were the only thing on there that I thought I could eat too.

Sheila- your dining plans look good. We love Cali Grill- but have only been there once.

TGM is telling me I have 53 days until my reservation window opens on March 6th. I'm so happy he is counting for me.:laughing:

Congrats on FINALLY booking!! :cool1: And look at you sporting a brand new ticker!!

:banana:

And what exactly does Morocco taste like??? :confused3:rotfl:

YAY ~ Sheila is here too!! :woohoo: This thread is going to be a lot of fun over the next 7 or so months! :yay:

Tour Guide Mike.
http://www.tourguidemike.com/index.asp

I don't do Disney without him.

Some people don't care for his website but I think his Least Crowded parks Charts are always well worth the price. The times I have deviated from his advice I have regretted it.

YMMV, of course.:rotfl:

We use his advice as well! Totally worth it!
Do you know when he will post the Sept '11 advice? Will it be before the 180 days?? We hadn't booked this early last year so I'm anxious to see what he has to say....Thanks!

Congrats on FINALLY booking!! :cool1: And look at you sporting a brand new ticker!!

:banana:

And what exactly does Morocco taste like??? :confused3:rotfl:

YAY ~ Sheila is here too!! :woohoo: This thread is going to be a lot of fun over the next 7 or so months! :yay:

New ticker... wooot woooot! Although I will say I kinda miss my generic one. I thought it was pretty with Epcot and all. :upsidedow

um, Morocco tastes sort of Moroccan-ish I guess.:rolleyes1 Ain't never been.:rotfl2: Long as it don't taste like nasty, all is well.:banana:

I agree--- I'm looking forward to this thread starting to hop over the next 7 months.
(although, yeah, um...... we're here so I'm sure it won't lack for conversation at all.:rolleyes1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter