September 2016 Trip Thread!!!!

Oh no! Note to self: use the monorail if possible after rest break. Thanks tlovesdis for the heads up.

That line is long too!! That one only has one scanner I believe. That one was nuts in the mornings, I can't believe people were actually waiting in it!!! All of the security lines are bad, at times. Early entry wasn't bad at the regular security lines, but Monorail was!

Maybe it was so packed because of the start of the holiday season, I don't know, but it was crazy. I hope the rest of the weekends are better for all of you going!!!

It was insanely busy when we went in OCt last year. I hope its a little better this time since the parties haven't started yet. I saw the temps are creeping up. Its so hot here in Phx that I want cooler. lol

The temps are going the other way. The high tomorrow may not get out of the 60's! Coming from Houston, I am nervous that it might actually feel too cold to swim much at the DLH or ride the wet rides. It's suppose to be in the 70's the entire week.

The temps are going the other way. The high tomorrow may not get out of the 60's! Coming from Houston, I am nervous that it might actually feel too cold to swim much at the DLH or ride the wet rides. It's suppose to be in the 70's the entire week.

My weather apps are calling for a high of 22C (72ishF?) for tomorrow with a 20% chance of rain but then it goes up for the rest of the week to between 26 and 30C (70-86F). I have multiple weather apps because I love having a second (and third!) opinion! :)

We're at Universal Studios today and then Disneyland tues through thursday. It's insane here at universal today so i hope thats not a sign of how disneyland will be the next few days

I posted this on the main thread but I had to post it here, too: DH got us into Club 33 for lunch, for my birthday, tomorrow!

Ok, like I wasn't already completely bouncing around here getting ready for our flight out early tomorrow morning....

DH works for Boeing, has for 32 years. He mentioned to his boss quite awhile ago that we were going to DL, and said, "You don't know of any connections we have to Club 33, do you?" She said, "Actually, the company does have a membership; I know the guy who manages it... let me see what I can do." I knew nothing about his inquiries; it was a surprise. DH JUST got the call a few minutes ago saying they'd got us in for lunch tomorrow, our first day, at 1:30!!!!!!

He came into the bedroom where I was packing and said, "Now, what time are we getting into the parks tomorrow?" I said, "Like, 11:30, 12?" "What are we doing for lunch?" "Well, I thought we'd just grab something quick service for a snack, since we're having dinner at Napa Rose at 5:30." "How about Club 33 at 1:30?" I was like, "Whaaaaa?" He started to explain and I threw a shirt at him and screamed, "No way! How did you do that?" He was laughing his head off and then told me the story.

I never thought I'd get in there, like, ever.

I've been on the phone trying to move our Napa Rose chef's counter reservations to Thursday or Friday night; got a message in waiting for a callback. We had ressies for 5:30; there is no way I'm going to be able to eat lunch at 1:30 and then go do justice to the chef's counter at 5:30, nor would I want to crowd those two awesome experiences. (eta: got in at the dessert counter for the late seating Thursday night instead :) )

I'm so super uber excited!

:jumping1::cool1::cheer2::banana::bounce::dancer::hyper:party::woohoo::dance3::jumping3:pixiedust:

I posted this on the main thread but I had to post it here, too: DH got us into Club 33 for lunch, for my birthday, tomorrow!

Ok, like I wasn't already completely bouncing around here getting ready for our flight out early tomorrow morning....

DH works for Boeing, has for 32 years. He mentioned to his boss quite awhile ago that we were going to DL, and said, "You don't know of any connections we have to Club 33, do you?" She said, "Actually, the company does have a membership; I know the guy who manages it... let me see what I can do." I knew nothing about his inquiries; it was a surprise. DH JUST got the call a few minutes ago saying they'd got us in for lunch tomorrow, our first day, at 1:30!!!!!!

He came into the bedroom where I was packing and said, "Now, what time are we getting into the parks tomorrow?" I said, "Like, 11:30, 12?" "What are we doing for lunch?" "Well, I thought we'd just grab something quick service for a snack, since we're having dinner at Napa Rose at 5:30." "How about Club 33 at 1:30?" I was like, "Whaaaaa?" He started to explain and I threw a shirt at him and screamed, "No way! How did you do that?" He was laughing his head off and then told me the story.

I've been on the phone trying to move our Napa Rose chef's counter reservations to Thursday or Friday night; got a message in waiting for a callback. We had ressies for 5:30; there is no way I'm going to be able to eat lunch at 1:30 and then go do justice to the chef's counter at 5:30, nor would I want to crowd those two awesome experiences. (eta: got in at the dessert counter for the late seating Thursday night instead :) )

:jumping1::cool1::cheer2::banana::bounce::dancer::hyper:party::woohoo::dance3::jumping3:pixiedust:

OMG! That is amazing news, I am so jealous!

Have a fantastic time!

Congrats!

We arrived today. If this is light crowds, I'd hate to see when it's busy!!! I guess it's because it's smaller, but it felt really, really crowded. Ride lines weren't too long though and we had a blast! Except for the Matterhorn! That was a beating!

Last week it seemed as though Autumn had well and truly started so I figured that I could get a jump on packing this week since we would not need our Summer clothes anymore this year. This week, however, it has been in the mid 20's so we are back in shorts and tees here!

Great because I love the heat but nad because now I have to do all of our laundry and packing Thursday night!

DS turned to me this morning, sighed and said "it HAS to be Friday or at least Thursday, right?" When I told him it was only Wednesday, he replied "mom, you HAVE to be kidding me! Will this week eeeeeeever end?"

I feel as though I might have to apologize to his teachers for this week.

Just back from a lovely three days. Monday and Tuesday seemed a lot busier than previous mid September trips, yesterday (Wed) much quieter. Loved seeing the Haunted Mansion all (candle)lit up at night.

We are in Victoria and just spent a lovely 6 days in Ucluelet at a cottage! If you have not already done so, definite check out Cathedral Grove on the way to Victoria.

We also loved the Rainforest and Lighthouse Trails in the Ucluelet and Tofino areas!
Thank you we did check out Cathedral Grove & loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter