**September 2019**

I hope to see some updates on September hours now. I know for TSL they had 7am EMH last summer and for Pandora I believe it was super late nights. I feel like every plan I have is in question now. Don't mind me I am going to keep rambling. For 5 months, 3 weeks and 3 days ;)

I went by Kenny's predictions. But now just assume nothing there is legit until things get tweaked.

Okay, so hear me out! MAYBE I'm being too optimistic and I've fully came full circle on my negativity with going during SWGE opening but what if, just what if, the parks won't be as insane as we think they will because of the phased opening. Literally it is just going to be Smuggler's Run and that's it! Maybe I'm being optimistic and dumb LOL

Okay, so hear me out! MAYBE I'm being too optimistic and I've fully came full circle on my negativity with going during SWGE opening but what if, just what if, the parks won't be as insane as we think they will because of the phased opening. Literally it is just going to be Smuggler's Run and that's it! Maybe I'm being optimistic and dumb LOL

Not gonna happen. Its going to be like the second coming, with lightsabers and blue milk, in there.

I pray pray pray you're right. But not gonna happen.

I have such mixed feelings too! First I was like “no way that’s so awesome....quickly followed by “oh crap, the crowds will be awful”. But my non-refundable plane tickets have already been purchased so full steam ahead!!

I've gone from, "OH MAN! Dude, this is gonna suck and to ok, maybe the other parks won't be bad to OK I GOT A PLAN FOR THIS back to OH MAN! Dude, this is gonna suck." But still kinda high on life, we got free dining, MNSSHP and Star Wars, and we planned a big family/friends trip so I think it's going to be pretty amazing even though I have SUPER bad anxiety especially with crowds. Oh man.

Not gonna happen. Its going to be like the second coming, with lightsabers and blue milk, in there.

I pray pray pray you're right. But not gonna happen.

I know that people are booking just for this, but at same time, why did Disney release free dining at all this year then if they were gonna throw this up so early? I am so torn cause I feel maybe people seriously underbooked their vacations in lieu of Star Wars opening LATE fall so Disney was like OK WE GOTTA PUSH THIS UP AND GET THOSE CROWDS IN THERE.

Last edited:
I've gone from, "OH MAN! Dude, this is gonna suck and to ok, maybe the other parks won't be bad to OK I GOT A PLAN FOR THIS back to OH MAN! Dude, this is gonna suck." But still kinda high on life, we got free dining, MNSSHP and Star Wars, and we planned a big family/friends trip so I think it's going to be pretty amazing even though I have SUPER bad anxiety especially with crowds. Oh man.

I know that people are booking just for this, but at same time, why did Disney release free dining at all this year then if they were gonna throw this up so early? I am so torn cause I feel maybe people seriously underbooked their vacations in lew of Star Wars opening LATE fall so Disney was like OK WE GOTTA PUSH THIS UP AND GET THOSE CROWDS IN THERE.
Guessing FD did not help numbers as much as they wanted so they went full steam ahead.

So how are my September peeps handling the announcement of SWGE opening early? I guess this is another plus to me having to change my trip to August. I'm just hoping this doesn't cause my already busy week to become even busier.

I was going to beg y'all to talk me down because right now all I can think is "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" but it appears we're all in the same boat. I was specifically trying to avoid GE! I'm so horribly disappointed! I'm still sticking to my original touring plan at DHS, and will try to ignore GE as much as I can, because I don't want to deal with the crowds. But this is my friend's first time at WDW and I feel like the insane Star Wars crowds are going to ruin it for her.

What are we all going to do???

:faint:.......:sad: I want to die. We booked 31st- 8th and already paid in full with gift cards. Plus I bought MNSSHP tickets and our AP’s expire the 15th. I wasn’t going to renew them until the end of 2020 because I didn’t want to deal with Star Wars crowds. I seriously can’t even reschedule because when would we even change it to?

Okay, so I'm back on the maybe it will be okay train! Pandora and Toy Story opened during the summer, not exactly during the fall. We will have DL to lessen the blows so to speak for diehard SW fans, and the ones who were waiting for November news will probably still book then hoping to beat the crowds. I'm trying my damnest to be optimistic about all of this, because I feel the free dining was released cause people weren't booking September, and still - it's underbooked so they were gonna try to let SW rip to get the November/December crowds boosted.

I think we are going still but avoiding DHS like the plague. Which stinks because I want to see TSL. I just kinda wished they announced it next month so I would at least not have to fight for ADRs with as many people. Maybe the people who book for SWGE won’t be wanting yo est st sit down meals.

I know that people are booking just for this, but at same time, why did Disney release free dining at all this year then if they were gonna throw this up so early? I am so torn cause I feel maybe people seriously underbooked their vacations in lieu of Star Wars opening LATE fall so Disney was like OK WE GOTTA PUSH THIS UP AND GET THOSE CROWDS IN THERE.
I'm guessing the crowds just weren't high enough even WITH free dining......

So how are my September peeps handling the announcement of SWGE opening early? I guess this is another plus to me having to change my trip to August. I'm just hoping this doesn't cause my already busy week to become even busier.
Not only am I keeping our Sept 16-22 trip.....but I ADDED a 8/28-9/3 trip :) I listened LIVE to the shareholders meeting and as soon as they announced the tiered opening of SWGE, I booked Pop WITH a Sun in Fun room discount. I know, we are crazy! The plan for opening....get there early and spend parts of thursday-saturday at DHS. Then do Disney springs on the weekend with dinner ADRs. Spend the rest of the time at F&W booths. I only made 3 ADRs for this trip and the rest we will wing. Anyone who knows me knows that this type of trip is totally against my OCD personality but we plan to enjoy the resort a lot during this time. We shall see the madness that ensues.

I gave it a few hours to settle, and I'm still so so crushed. Our September trip was going to be the kids first trip with their grandmothers there and who knows what it will be like. Its possible we have to just swim at the pool all day. We just don't like going on code red days. Such such bad news for what we had planned :(

Last edited:
Our trip is August 29-September 11, we have split stays until September 3 and our last parkway is the 10. I’m really hoping to not be super crowded in every park and to hopefully get in and see SGE. If we can get a fast pa
I don’t get why they were selling deep discount rooms via prince line at Christmas (which I sadly booked) and free dining now this.

I get the ‘maybe free dining wasn’t enough’ but would they really open a project this big earlier than they planned???

I’m in full panic mode about our plans. And dreading the email from TP saying my crowd level 1 days are now 10’s!!
I'm there the 29-11 and I'm hoping the die hards won't book without the main ride attraction being open. if you can only afford to go once why go before it's fully opened. The first weekend will be nuts with locals and everyone who is there wanting to have a first look, but I'm hoping it will calm down a bit after that. I'm also hoping they do EMH every night like they did when Pandora opened. Our plan is to just go with the flow and do our fast passes, see some shows, have our dinners that I booked this morning and if it gets too crazy head back and enjoy AKL. So happy we booked an amazing resort in case the parks have to take a back seat this trip. It is our 5th trip this week in a row and our last so I'm thrilled to be able to see SWGE, but bummed about the crowds. i was there when the parks closed for 2 days for a hurricane so if I can work with that this should be ok too.

I am seriously considering changing my dates. Luckily , I am driving so don’t have to worry about flights. Just not sure what will be a good time now. Ugh. Chose this week ( sept 8-14) thinking I was safe from the craziness. Ugh what to do ?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter