**September 2019**

ADR day is coming up this week! Is everyone having a hard time getting Storybook Dining? I'm hoping for a 4-5pm reservation since my kids are really young. Just wondering if I should be planning on trying to get it for the end of our trip.

ETA: Our dates are the 5th-13th.
Did you get it?

My dates are locked in stone! I booked a bounce back, flights etc and it’s my daughters birthday on our trip. I’m just going to go with the flow and enjoy it for what it is, but those stats make me really happy!
Yes!!!! And keep in mind, these are July numbers in the dead of KIDS ARE OUT OF SCHOOL-CRAZYVILLE though they said summers have been slowing down. I've been to WDW on 5-6 days, and it really isn't bad at all. It is very manageable but we might not even have to deal with 5-6 crowds after all.

Did anyone notice this on the WDW website

"Q.
Will Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be available in Extra Magic Hours, Disney Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours?
A.
Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions. Details will be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com."

I'm noting that it says GUESTS STAYING AT SELECT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS" Do you think that means that not ALL resorts will be able to use EMH for SWGE?
Seems like a bit of a play on words.

Also all I've been seeing the last day is people cancelling their trips and moving them to August. Maybe September won't be quite as bad as I was first thinking it will be?

"Q.
Will Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge be available in Extra Magic Hours, Disney Early Morning Magic or Disney After Hours?
A.
Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge after its opening on August 29, 2019. Capacity is limited. Additionally, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will be available during Extra Magic Hours. During Extra Magic Hours Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can spend extra time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios enjoying select attractions. Details will be available at a later date on Disneyworld.com."

I'm noting that it says GUESTS STAYING AT SELECT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORTS" Do you think that means that not ALL resorts will be able to use EMH for SWGE?

Also all I've been seeing the last day is people cancelling their trips and moving them to August. Maybe September won't be quite as bad as I was first thinking it will be?
I could be wrong but I feel like this was a concern before Pandora EMH details were released but then all regular WDW resorts were included.

Usually planning gets boring after making ADRs while you wait for FPs but NOT THIS YEAR lol

"Q.
A.

I think the “select” is an attempt to exclude non-Disney resorts that are on property e.g. Bonnet Springs etc.

"Q.
A.

I feel like they have to put that "guest staying at select WDW resorts" part because not everyone understands that EMH are specifically FOR guests staying at WDW resorts. I think it's more of a "cover your rear" wording than a sneaky way to exclude.

I literally changed our arrival date so our ADR day wouldn’t be a Tuesday!! Historically bad, like you said!
I'm so tempted! Our last trip, ADR date was a Monday and it was so smooth and easy. My fingers are crossed that they will have done all their big updates by now, ahead of the SWGE announcement.

It’s been a tough few days with all the back and forth about our trip and whether to reschedule or not. As soon as I told my husband about the opening, he was like ‘nope, not doing it.’ He has PTSD and really bad anxiety with crowds and that’s why we always go during the lowest crowds of the year.

HOWEVER, we both decided that being in Disney with super heavy crowds was better than not being in Disney at all! We are never guaranteed tomorrow so we want to cherish the time we have! Right now, we will probably avoid SWGE unless by some miracle, it’s not as crowded as I’m thinking it will be. Our HS days are 9/3 and 9/7. 9/7 is a Saturday so that’s the only day I’m struggling with. We have a 7:30 Bon Voyage Reservation and then we’ll head to HS. If all we get done is our 3 FP, then so be it and we can go back to resort and swim!

For all us folks still going in September, let’s do this!!!!!

Hello, I’ll be there September 4-14, Pop Century. Love September because I don’t like crowds and now I’m thinking of re schedule my trip but I would lose the free dining that for my family is a great deal.
Do you believe all parks will be crowded, or it will be only HS?

We are also going in September during the last week. I’m hoping that we won’t be too affected because we are only planning to go to MK and AK. I’m worried about ADRs, though....

It’s been a tough few days with all the back and forth about our trip and whether to reschedule or not. As soon as I told my husband about the opening, he was like ‘nope, not doing it.’ He has PTSD and really bad anxiety with crowds and that’s why we always go during the lowest crowds of the year.

HOWEVER, we both decided that being in Disney with super heavy crowds was better than not being in Disney at all! We are never guaranteed tomorrow so we want to cherish the time we have! Right now, we will probably avoid SWGE unless by some miracle, it’s not as crowded as I’m thinking it will be. Our HS days are 9/3 and 9/7. 9/7 is a Saturday so that’s the only day I’m struggling with. We have a 7:30 Bon Voyage Reservation and then we’ll head to HS. If all we get done is our 3 FP, then so be it and we can go back to resort and swim!

For all us folks still going in September, let’s do this!!!!!
Life is short! Go to Disney! Even on a crappy crowded day Disney is still better than spending it at home, if you ask me :) We are thinking the same as you only we purposefully changed our trip and moved it up 2 weeks so we can be there at opening. Crazy, right? It works out better with our work schedule. I'm laying low on the ADRs for ONCE IN MY LIFE! We're taking it easy, enjoying some pool time, and hopefully will get into SWGE! Woot! :chewy::chewy::chewy:

I officially bailed on September. Now in May . Luckily , just before the 60 days for Fast Passes . I may regret it but since I have flexibilty switching .

I decided to add an extra HEA Dessert Party to our trip...so now we will do the Terrace one on the night with PM EMH and then the After Fireworks one on our last night. We won’t be back until the 50th so I wanted to enjoy HEA as much as possible (and eat more cheeseburger eggrolls than a person probably should).

I am still hoping that they have a similar event at Tony’s with parade viewing during MNSSHP like they did for the Christmas party.

I officially bailed on September. Now in May . Luckily , just before the 60 days for Fast Passes . I may regret it but since I have flexibilty switch
At least you can still plan your FPs! We had to move up our dates last December but it was 2 months out and I lost some coveted ADRs. You should definitely have lighter crowds! We're actually going May and Aug/Sept so we'll probably see it all!

Reactions: DLo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter