• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**September 2019**

Hi. I'll be there 16th to 26th September, staying at Beach Club. I live in the UK and booked it in April 2018 and am beyond excited! Our free dining deal came out then (it always comes out the year before) so I won't even have to worry about paying for food! We don't get the discounts that Americans get so free dining is a huge deal for us.

Awesome. We are at Beach Club the same dates as you (we arrive on the 22nd for a F&W couples trip).

We literally time our drive down around stopping for beer releases lol. I don't drink it but if it makes driving down to Disney frequently more enjoyable for him I am all for it ;)

I know we still have a lot of time (weather wise) but anyone else obsessively checking Dorian's path and forecast?
I AM!!!! We arrive late on Saturday night and there until the 8th... I’m nervous! I would love if it falls apart after making landfall these next few days! Fingers crossed!!

Are we all still worried for the crowds of SWGE or are we all thinking we're gonna be okay?

I think opening week is going to be good. Too much availability. I think people are avoiding it but still going September and October. I think middle of the week may be ok but the weekends will be tough with SWGE and Food and Wine and a ridiculous amount of deals. There is a lot less hotel and dinning availability middle of a September than last year too. I watch that week because that is when go. I booked the original free dining and was floored to see SWGE open up. I do want to see it though. So 6am it is :-).

We literally time our drive down around stopping for beer releases lol. I don't drink it but if it makes driving down to Disney frequently more enjoyable for him I am all for it ;)

I know we still have a lot of time (weather wise) but anyone else obsessively checking Dorian's path and forecast?
Yeah, I'd offer to bring you something from OK, but I'm flying and not checking a bag.....and PLEASE don't mention any "path's"......my family was on the last SW flight out of MCO in Sep2017....looking at you IRMA.

What special "summer/cooling" items are you packing? We've only ever traveled to WDW in the fall/winter, so I don't know what to pack for summer. We only live 3 hours away so we're used to the heat/humidity, but not to being out in it ALL day. Are you packing cooling towels, mini fans, etc.? Thanks!

LOL I think we're like that too... Every time I go to the store I buy another shirt that we "need" for our trip!! We're only there four days! We have a day outfit and an evening outfit :rotfl2::cool1:
You say that like it's a bad thing lol, I have 3 weeks just pulled the Disney bin out and going thru it make a yes, maybe, if there is room pile, notice I cant make a no pile lol
We added a 4th day so now I need to make sure everything is accounted for

I’m awaiting some reports after it opens. I’m not worried. We plan on getting up early for one of the 6am openings. We’ll try to ride then. We also have an ADR at Oga’s that evening, so that guarantees us entry to the land later that night.

Honestly, and maybe I’m being overly optimistic, I think that most of the die hard fans will be either at the opening or will wait until Rise of the Resistance opens later in the year. By the time we go at the end of September, I’m hoping it is back to normal crowds. Either way, we’ll deal.

This is similar to how we are approaching it. We are not Star Wars fans, but I do want to see the land. We plan to go at 6 am one day and we have Oga's for that afternoon too. Hoping the crowds are manageable and not too crazy!

What are some good table service restaurants for kids under 6? I'm having a hard time and keep changing my mind constantly. We had coral reef but I'm hearing mixed things. I'm just all over the place lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter