September 4th, 2022 -7-Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise from Dover (Alesund, Nordfjordeid, Eidfjord, Stavanger)

My wife and I are very excited about being able to cruise on the Magic. It will make it our original ship "Grand Slam"!! We have never cruised in Europe so if anyone has some helpful tips about flying into London they would be greatly appreciated!

My wife and I are very excited about being able to cruise on the Magic. It will make it our original ship "Grand Slam"!! We have never cruised in Europe so if anyone has some helpful tips about flying into London they would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome, we plan to stay in the Hyatt in Churchill booked through Disney cruise, check in on Thursday and spend 3 night to tour around London and then use Disney transfers to port. We are flying from Dallas, so will want a direct flight on American, hoping to book through Disney too so everything can be covered by their travel insurance.

Joy

Wave hello everyone, now that everythings sorted , I have a chance to post.

I'm a solo first time cruiser from Ireland. I had originally booked a Western Europe Cruise for September 2020, which was cancelled. I then booked the September 2021 Norwegian Fjords. This has now been cancelled.

On general opening day for the September 2022 Norwegian Fjords cruise I booked and paid a deposit. My Dreams Unlimited agent has now moved my FCC to the September 2022 Norwegian Fjords and now I'm PIF AND I have left over money which has been added to my onboard account. I have a great start on my onboard spending budget, now I need to figure out what extras I want to treat myself to.

As I had booked the September 2021 Norwegian Fjords, I had started the meet up thread. A lot of the info I had posted for 2021 will be useful for the 2022 cruise, so I'm going to transfer everything here.

Also I know our cruise is still over a year away, but hopefully we can get a Fish Extender Exchange going. I am more than willing to organize this if people are interested :)

Last edited:

7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise Page on Disney Cruise Website

Ports
Sunday 4 September - Dover, England All Aboard 4.00pm
Monday 5 September - Day At Sea
Tuesday 6 September - Alesund, Norway Ashore 10.30am Aboard 6.15pm
Wednesday 7 September - Nordjfordeid, Norway Ashore 8.00am Aboard 4.00pm
Thursday 8 September - Eidfjord, Norway Ashore 10.45am Aboard 8.00pm
Friday 9 September - Stavanger, Norway, Ashore 7.00am Aboard 5.15pm
Saturday 10 September - Day At Sea
Sunday 11 September - Dover, England Disembark 7.30am

Disney Cruise Line Port Excursions
Alesund, Norway
Nordjfordeid, Norway
Eidfjord, Norway
Stavanger, Norway,

Paid In Full Date
Only those who have paid in full can get access to the Online Check In and Port Excursions and On Board Activities Booking

Dates For Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Paid Activities
Booking will open at
  • 9pm LA Time
  • Midnight Orlando Time
  • 5am London Time
  • 6am Paris Time
Platinum Level - Starts after 10th completed cruise
Saturday May 7 2022

Gold Level - Starts after 5th completed cruise
Sunday May 22 2022

Silver Level - Starts after 1st completed cruise
Monday June 6 2022

New Cruiser
Tuesday June 21 2022

Approx Thursday 25 August Date For On Line Check In and Booking of Oceaneers Kids Club
All passengers regardless of Castaway Club Level now do their online check in approx 30 days before departure.
Check in will open at
  • 9pm LA Time
  • Midnight Orlando Time
  • 5am London Time
  • 6am Paris Time
Check In Process
  1. Upload ID photo for each passenger
  2. Upload a headshot photo for each passenger- this is for your Key To The World Card
  3. Get Port Arrival Time
  4. Get an approx boarding time
  5. Get a DCL QR code
  6. Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to upload proof of vaccination to a third party website.

If you have children who are aged 3 to 12 you can pre book times for Oceaneers Kids Club.

Approx 10 Days Before The Cruise
Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to take a Covid test

Embarkation Day
The DCL Health Questionnaire will become active on the DCL App. Passengers are required to complete this before arriving at the port.

Make sure to have printed copies of all cruise documents. QR codes and cruise documents either on your phone or the printed copies will be checked multiple times by both Dover port staff and DCL CM's during the boarding process.

You may or may not receive DCL luggage tags before the cruise. If you do not get the luggage tags before you leave home, there will be a DCL CM at the luggage drop off area with luggage tags.

You should only arrive at Dover at your Port Arrival time on your cruise check in documents. If you arrive earlier than the allocated time you may be told to leave the area.

Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to take a Covid test at the port before boarding.

Key To The World Cards are in a sealed envelope outside the stateroom in the Fish or Starfish holder.

Cruise Information Posts
Before You Arrive in London - The Basics
  1. currency and money
  2. timezone plugs / sockets/ voltage
  3. International phone numbers
  4. driving
  5. weights and measures
  6. temperatures and weather
  7. words and phrases
Transatlantic Flights or in other words how the heck to I get to Europe 🤔

Most people will fly from USA to London. There are 2 London airports, both of which are technically NOT in London. Heathrow, is the largest international airport. It is located 1 hour west of London. Gatwick is a smaller airport and it is located 1 hour south of London. Flights into and out of Heathrow are usually more expensive than Gatwick, as Heathrow charges airlines higher landing fees than Gatwick.

There are multiple options which will depend on your budget and your pre and post cruise plans.

There are a huge variation in flight routes, depending on your location in the USA and your nearest airport.

Some people will be lucky and be able to take a direct flight from their nearest airport to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will need or choose to take a domestic flight and then connect to an airport which will have a direct flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will be able to take a direct flight from their nearest airport and then need or choose to have a layover in an European country to connect to a flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

Some people will need or choose to take a domestic flight, and then will need or choose to take a flight from USA which has a layover in an European country to connect to a flight to either Heathrow or Gatwick.

If you have to book a flight itinerary which has a layover or connecting flight, make such to find out if it is all on one ticket. If it is all one ticket, it means you will get a boarding pass for all your flights at your first check in and your luggage will be checked through to your final destination. If it is not all on one ticket, you will have to collect your luggage after your first flight and check in for your second flight.

When researching airlines, make sure to research carry on and checked luggage weight allowances and sizes. Dont just assume all airlines have the same specifications and weight allowances. For example the flight from Paris to London will most likely have a smaller carry on and checked luggage weight allowances and sizes than a transatlantic flight.

The cheapest airline from USA to Europe is Norwegian Airlines. HOWEVER please research this airline and its routes thoroughly. It has a similar operating system to Southwest, with various ticket price levels, and where various parts of the flying experience, such as checked luggage, in flight food and entertainment etc are priced separately. They fly only on specific days from a select number of USA airports.

Dont just research USA based airlines. There are a huge number of European airlines which fly the same routes as USA based airlines and their prices may be cheaper than USA based airlines. I always use www.skyscanner.com which is flight comparison website to research routes and prices

Using The Train in England
  1. Booking a ticket in advance
  2. Using the self service ticket machines
  3. Seat pitch and size
  4. All about London Oyster Cards for London Underground Tube trains and buses
Where To Stay In London

How To Get To Dover From London
Using DCL Transportation
Using the train

Last edited:
Thank you for all of the information and great that you can do the FE!! We had enough FCC to pay for the cruise too and then did 3 pre night stay at the Hyatt and transfers through DCL too. I probably will do our airfare through DCL too if the price is good. We want a direct flight to London from Dallas, TX and it is too long to do coach. Most likely American Airlines, they usually have direct from Dallas, Texas.

Thank you for all of the information and great that you can do the FE!! We had enough FCC to pay for the cruise too and then did 3 pre night stay at the Hyatt and transfers through DCL too. I probably will do our airfare through DCL too if the price is good. We want a direct flight to London from Dallas, TX and it is too long to do coach. Most likely American Airlines, they usually have direct from Dallas, Texas.

You are welcome :) I'll keep posting information as I do my cruise planning. I lived in London for 4 years and I have travelled alot in Europe so I have tons of info to share :) I don't drive, so I am well used to using public transport in England, the trains and the buses and tubes in London.

I plan to DIY in the ports, being in a country where I don't speak the language does not bother me, I have done it many times :)

Right now I have a flight from Ireland to London Heathrow booked for my now cancelled September 2021 cruise. I'm not sure what to do with that yet. Its very likely that I will just keep the booking and change the dates to 2022.

My plan is to travel to England the day before the cruise and get the train from London to Dover and stay the night before the cruise in a hotel in Dover.

After the cruise I plan to get the train back to London and stay a few days before going home to Ireland.

241430937_10159109725165041_1417367103057002739_n.jpg

Time to get this thread active and start the cruise planning. At this exact time , this day next year we will be getting ready to board The Disney Magic

Welcome, we plan to stay in the Hyatt in Churchill booked through Disney cruise, check in on Thursday and spend 3 night to tour around London and then use Disney transfers to port.
Joy

Is this the hotel you have booked Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill 30 Portman Square, London, England, United Kingdom, W1H 7BH

Thats a very good location for sightseeing in London. I know that area, its about 10 minutes walk from the main shopping street Oxford Street. On Oxford Street you can get bus and underground transport to almost any part of London.

You mentioned taking DCL transfers to the port in Dover. You might want to keep a watch on that as the months go by.

Previously DCL transfers in London were from one specific location, and if you were not staying at that hotel you had to make your own way there. I would not just assume that because you booked the hotel through DCL that you will be picked up at this hotel by DCL bus transfer to Dover Port.

This is the page on Disney Cruise Line website with the information about transfer from London to the port in Dover.
The pick up used to be at The Hilton Hotel at Victoria Station, but this was changed just before the Covid shutdown in January 2020 to Hilton London Metropole. Disney Cruise Line sent emails to people who had booked the transfer to notify them of the change. However, the 2020 and 2021 Disney Magic regular European seasons were cancelled and the DCL website was never updated with this new information.

The change from The Hilton Hotel at Victoria Station, to Hilton London Metropole was due to construction in the Victoria Station area in January 2020.

If you plan to book the DCL transfer from central London to Dover on embarkation day Sunday 4 September 2022, most likely the pick up point will not be confirmed until approx April 2022, when Disney Cruise Line finalise the summer 2022 European season.

Is this the hotel you have booked Hyatt Regency London - The Churchill 30 Portman Square, London, England, United Kingdom, W1H 7BH

Thats a very good location for sightseeing in London. I know that area, its about 10 minutes walk from the main shopping street Oxford Street. On Oxford Street you can get bus and underground transport to almost any part of London.

You mentioned taking DCL transfers to the port in Dover. You might want to keep a watch on that as the months go by.

Previously DCL transfers in London were from one specific location, and if you were not staying at that hotel you had to make your own way there. I would not just assume that because you booked the hotel through DCL that you will be picked up at this hotel by DCL bus transfer to Dover Port.

This is the page on Disney Cruise Line website with the information about transfer from London to the port in Dover.
The pick up used to be at The Hilton Hotel at Victoria Station, but this was changed just before the Covid shutdown in January 2020 to Hilton London Metropole. Disney Cruise Line sent emails to people who had booked the transfer to notify them of the change. However, the 2020 and 2021 Disney Magic regular European seasons were cancelled and the DCL website was never updated with this new information.

The change from The Hilton Hotel at Victoria Station, to Hilton London Metropole was due to construction in the Victoria Station area in January 2020.

If you plan to book the DCL transfer from central London to Dover on embarkation day Sunday 4 September 2022, most likely the pick up point will not be confirmed until approx April 2022, when Disney Cruise Line finalise the summer 2022 European season.

Thanks,, yes that is the hotel, it is sold out right now the 3 pre nights, and I do have the transfers. I am a Dreams cruise agent:)

Joy

As today is one year exactly to our embarkation day, I found this video which shows what Dover Port is like. This video is from 2016 so our boarding process most likely wont be the same.

Currently on the Disney Magic UK cruises, check in is done in advance 30 days before departure for everyone, no matter what your Cast Away Club Level is.

As part of the UK summer 2021 staycation cruises check in process vaccine status has to be uploaded to a 3rd party website. Passengers get a QR code from this 3rd party website..

When the online check in is complete, passengers get QR code from DCL. When passengers check in online, they get information about their Muster Station. Passengers do not get their stateroom keys, called Key To The World Cards before boarding the ship.

At the port everyone's vaccination status is checked by scanning the QR code from the 2rd party website.

Every passenger gets a Covid Test at the port. Once everyone in the party gets a negative result, passengers can board The Disney Magic.

The DCL QR Code from the online check in documents is scanned when passengers board the ship.

When passengers board the ship, they will be directed to stand in a designated area in The Atrium for the Welcome On Board show with Mickey and Minnie.

After this short show, passengers are then directed by the CM's to their Muster Station. All members of the party have to go to the Muster Station. At The Muster Station, a CM will check everyone on a list. One member of the party needs to use the DCL AP to complete the Muster Station attendance and take a photo of the Muster Station.

Stateroom keys / Key To The World Cards are located in the fish or starfish holder outside each stateroom. All the occupants of a stateroom get a key and they are in a sealed envelope.

Hello, my name is Joy and my husband is Lynn, we live in Dallas, TX and are so excited to have booked this cruise! Let's discuss and share!!!
As today is one year exactly to our embarkation day, I found this video which shows what Dover Port is like. This video is from 2016 so our boarding process most likely wont be the same.

Currently on the Disney Magic UK cruises, check in is done in advance 30 days before departure for everyone, no matter what your Cast Away Club Level is.

As part of the UK summer 2021 staycation cruises check in process vaccine status has to be uploaded to a 3rd party website. Passengers get a QR code from this 3rd party website..

When the online check in is complete, passengers get QR code from DCL. When passengers check in online, they get information about their Muster Station. Passengers do not get their stateroom keys, called Key To The World Cards before boarding the ship.

At the port everyone's vaccination status is checked by scanning the QR code from the 2rd party website.

Every passenger gets a Covid Test at the port. Once everyone in the party gets a negative result, passengers can board The Disney Magic.

The DCL QR Code from the online check in documents is scanned when passengers board the ship.

When passengers board the ship, they will be directed to stand in a designated area in The Atrium for the Welcome On Board show with Mickey and Minnie.

After this short show, passengers are then directed by the CM's to their Muster Station. All members of the party have to go to the Muster Station. At The Muster Station, a CM will check everyone on a list. One member of the party needs to use the DCL AP to complete the Muster Station attendance and take a photo of the Muster Station.

Stateroom keys / Key To The World Cards are located in the fish or starfish holder outside each stateroom. All the occupants of a stateroom get a key and they are in a sealed envelope.
Hello, my name is Joy and my husband is Lynn, we live in Dallas, TX and are so excited to have booked this cruise! Let's discuss and share!!!
Hello
My name is Patricia Pook and I will be sailing on this cruise with two girlfriends, Nancy and Cheryl.
I am looking forward to our cruise.
Nancy and I were booked on this year’s cruise that was cancelled.

Hello
My name is Patricia Pook and I will be sailing on this cruise with two girlfriends, Nancy and Cheryl.
I am looking forward to our cruise.
Nancy and I were booked on this year’s cruise that was cancelled.

waves hi :) I was also booked on the 2021 cruise. The 2022 cruise is actually my third attempt at a Disney cruise , as I had originally booked a 5 Night Western Europe cruise for September 2020.

The last time Disney Cruise went to Norway was in September 2019. This is a video from embarkation day on the 7 Night Northern Europe cruise which went to Copenhagen, Oslo, Stavanger and Bergen.
It shows
  • Getting DCL transfers from The Sofitel Hotel in Heathrow airport to Dover port on embarkation day
  • Getting on the ship Dover port views from onboard the ship Cove Cafe adults coffee area
  • Room tour of 7543 Standard Inside Stateroom
The second half of this video is outdated information, as DCL have changed the Muster Drill, Rainforest Room, Sail Away and Palo restaurant procedures since restarting after the Covid shutdown

waves hi :) I was also booked on the 2021 cruise. The 2022 cruise is actually my third attempt at a Disney cruise , as I had originally booked a 5 Night Western Europe cruise for September 2020.
I have sailed with Disney Cruise Line before, but nothing sailing from somewhere other than the US. Hoping that the cruise won’t be cancelled. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Nancy in New Jersey and Cheryl in Pennsylvania.

I have sailed with Disney Cruise Line before, but nothing sailing from somewhere other than the US. Hoping that the cruise won’t be cancelled. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Nancy in New Jersey and Cheryl in Pennsylvania.

At this stage I am cautiously optimistic. There are a few milestones I'm watching carefully.

The last UK staycation cruise arrives back to London Tilbury on Monday 4 October. The next scheduled cruise for The Magic is Thursday 21 October, a 3 night Halloween On The High Seas Cruise to The Bahamas from Miami. We have no idea if or when The Magic will do the crew only transatlantic sailing back to Florida.

If The Magic goes back to Florida I will be following the winter and spring season very carefully.

If the Eastbound Transatlantic cruise from Miami on Sunday 8 May leaves as scheduled it will be a very big milestone and I will start to relax as it will be very likely our cruise will not be cancelled.

However, I don't think I will actually relax and believe the cruise is happening until I walk onto the ship and they announce my name.

At this stage I am cautiously optimistic. There are a few milestones I'm watching carefully.
The Wonder arrived in San Diego CA last week after a crew-only sailing through the Panama Canal. Currently she is scheduled to sail with passengers back through the canal in November after a few (only five) short sails out of San Diego in October. The Panama Canal sailing will be another milestone- if you want to follow along, Disney has a separate web page set up for those booked on it.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/panama-canal-vaccination/
And BTW, I am so happy for you and excited to see you posting again for this cruise! It’s been a long wait for you. I was booked on this one last year and am very jealous of those able to sail next year. I cannot as I have conflicts with a couple of other rescheduled trips. But I’m following along again (started with your initial 2020 sailing thread) as I will make this trip some day…. You always post such great, helpful info.

And BTW, I am so happy for you and excited to see you posting again for this cruise! It’s been a long wait for you. I was booked on this one last year and am very jealous of those able to sail next year. I cannot as I have conflicts with a couple of other rescheduled trips. But I’m following along again (started with your initial 2020 sailing thread) as I will make this trip some day…. You always post succulent great, helpful info.

aww thanks, :) yes that first 2020 cruise planning thread seems so long ago. Its going to be a very emotional few days when I get to Dover, see the ship and finally board and hear them announce my name. Such a pity you can't do this cruise, but don't give up , maybe it will work for your schedule in 2023.

I have updated the check in and boarding process in post 5. These are the new procedures for DCL since the restart. These procedures are basically the same for The UK Disney Magic Staycations in summer 2021 and for The Disney Dream currently sailing from Port Canaveral Florida and for The Disney Wonder which will re start sailing from San Diego in October.

Paid In Full Date
Only those who have paid in full can get access to the Online Check In and Port Excursions and On Board Activities Booking

Dates For Booking For Port Excursions and On-Board Paid Activities
Booking will open at
  • 9pm LA Time
  • Midnight Orlando Time
  • 5am London Time
  • 6am Paris Time
Platinum Level - Starts after 10th completed cruise
Saturday May 7 2022

Gold Level - Starts after 5th completed cruise
Sunday May 22 2022

Silver Level - Starts after 1st completed cruise
Monday June 6 2022

New Cruiser
Tuesday June 21 2022

Approx Thursday 25 August Date For On Line Check In and Booking of Oceaneers Kids Club
All passengers regardless of Castaway Club Level now do their online check in approx 30 days before departure.
Check in will open at
  • 9pm LA Time
  • Midnight Orlando Time
  • 5am London Time
  • 6am Paris Time
Check In Process
  1. Upload ID photo for each passenger
  2. Upload a headshot photo for each passenger- this is for your Key To The World Card
  3. Get Port Arrival Time
  4. Get an approx boarding time
  5. Get a DCL QR code
  6. Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to upload proof of vaccination to a third party website.

If you have children who are aged 3 to 12 you can pre book times for Oceaneers Kids Club.

Approx 10 Days Before The Cruise
Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to take a Covid test

Embarkation Day
The DCL Health Questionnaire will become active on the DCL App. Passengers are required to complete this before arriving at the port.

Make sure to have printed copies of all cruise documents. QR codes and cruise documents either on your phone or the printed copies will be checked multiple times by both Dover port staff and DCL CM's during the boarding process.

You may or may not receive DCL luggage tags before the cruise. If you do not get the luggage tags before you leave home, there will be a DCL CM at the luggage drop off area with luggage tags.

You should only arrive at Dover at your Port Arrival time on your cruise check in documents. If you arrive earlier than the allocated time you may be told to leave the area.

Depending on DCL / UK / EU / Norway requirements passengers may be required to take a Covid test at the port before boarding.

Key To The World Cards are in a sealed envelope outside the stateroom in the Fish or Starfish holder.

Last edited:
Well the first milestone has been reached :)

According to Disney Cruise Line Blog The Magic will resume sailings out of Miami, Florida on 28 October. So now we know that The Magic will do a crew only transatlantic sailing sometime after 4 October and be back in Miami sometime before 28 October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter