September crowds (predictions)

We've gone down pass few years in Sept., stayed through Irma wasn't bad due to fact alot of people left or reschedule, we only missed 1 to2 days at parks but were reimbursed for tickets.last year we were there another hurricane but we left early due to fact we druve and alot if roads became flooded .crowd levels aren't like spring and summer months ,cause schools are back in session . We love Sept. time.

In general, during Food and Wine at EPCOT , it is busy.
I don't think anybody really knows. I'm guessing that it may be slightly less crowded since RoTR was announced to open early December. So anyone that has the ability to shift their travel plans might. However, I don't think that is a significant number of people that go to WDW.j
If you look at the Crowd Calendars for October, right now they are claiming it to be quieter. I don't trust them, but hope they are correct.

Anyone worried Dorian will increase end of Sept crowds with reschedulers?
Maybe a little? This week is usually exceptionally quiet, so there won’t be that many people to reschedule. A lot of people can’t immediately rebook either. Touring Plans I think claimed they were still seeing residual impact on crowds from Irma rebookings 6 months later. It’s also looking like it’s going to hit (if it does) early in the week, which won’t effect local F&W crowds or AP Werkenders that much. A lot of people who cancel a Labor Day weekend trip aren’t going to rebook it at all.

Heck, the hurricane might turn towards Jacksonville soon and this whole thing is moot.

But if it does hit Orlando (or at least continue to threaten to), there will inevitably be some impact.

Who is headed to the World in September? What are your predictions on crowds? Will it be busier than normal all over or just at HS? We are headed there the 18-26th. I'm trying to prepare myself for busier crowds as we usually go in Sept with near walk on for most rides.
We're coming when you're leaving. I think weekend and later day crowds from locals will definately be up for Galaxies Edge. We go every Sept/Oct for F&W and some years crowds have been a 4/10....and sometimes closer to a 7/10. I'm hoping G.E. draws the crowds from the other 3 parks so it should only be 1 "stuffy"day! Have fun!

When we cxld for Irma, we rescheduled for December, so not everyone will be bumping it just slightly. Some will cxl and some will completely move it to another time.

I found this on Touringplans.com: "Disney World Parks closed as Hurricane Mathew passed over Florida, and we saw a bump in crowd levels for about two weeks after the parks reopened. We expect a similar impact this year as guests return to Disney World after Hurricane Irma. "

and then they followed up that prediction about Irma with this: "..Last week we saw a three-day stretch between Monday and Wednesday when the parks were two points higher than predicted each day. This could be an indicator that something is different. It may be that most visitors affected by Irma chose to rebook their vacations immediately after the storm passed.

Or, this may be a random fluctuation in crowd patterns. On Saturday (and Sunday) we noticed that the crowd levels were within the normal range for this time of year."

Last edited:
We are going 9/13 - 9/26, and are preparing for more crowds than usual. have gone every year in September since 2004 and the crowds have continued to increase every single year! Definitely not all walk ons. Last year was pretty bad several of the days. But with a long trip, we still accomplish a ton since we can take it slow and not have to rush. I did have no issues with ADRs and fastpasses, so that was nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter